Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

Re: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

I don't normally look at what AT thinks, but I have to say, Zinnia, I'm glad you posted that last bit - it made me laugh out loud.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Q. Hi A.T. I wonder what do you think of the current bachelor show and Andy proposing in the end, as he supposedly does. Thanks! (B. L.)

A. I believe ABC, and Andy himself, are doing a superb job of getting everyone excited over how nice and lovable he is. I am personally not taken by the media blitz and feel there is something about Andy that is just not right, once we overlook his overly “cute” remarks to the camera, impressive six pack, and Chris saying, as usual, this is the best Bachelor yet. I believe this show is going to have a highly edited and romantic ending that will slowly fizzle out once reality sets in and time has passed. Five or seven years from now the so-called Superman Andy will still be self-absorbed and this show will be history.
    I honestly have not been watching every episode, therefore take my personal pinion with a grain of salt.
    Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

IT IS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

After almost 5 years of sharing my impressions of The Bachelor, and other reality based television shows, on this site, it is time to say goodbye.

Most of my readers know that history has always been a hobby of mine and, even though I was born in this country, I have always been a European at heart, ever since I took several European History classes, at a Spanish university, during the early 80's.

My family and I are lucky enough to have recently been given "the chance of a life time”, as it is sometimes said on Reality Televisions shows and, after much consideration and planning, are going to take it. For this reason I am retiring from my present career. My family and I will soon move to a small coastal town, located in Northern Spain, where I will begin teaching Modern European History at a nearby university, my wife will open a local gourmet coffee shop, and our daughter will begin her first year at a nearby university.

During the five years our site has been opened it has received over 64,000 hits, according to our counter! I can not begin to thank our readers, supporters, and yes, even those interesting critics who, throughout these five years, have continued to make this project exciting for everyone involved. Thanks to my daytime office manager, and part-time volunteer interviewer, Wendy (known on some sites as Cristalballassistant), our dear friend, and sometimes proofreader, Jane (A.K.A. lightning2105), Eeps & the B-2 gang, our faithful readers, and all other volunteers who went on "this journey" with us, it has been a good ride and I will miss each and every one of you. May you have a blessed, happy, and fulfilling life.

A.T.

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

I am going to miss reading AT's comments. I truly enjoyed reading what he had to say about this show, and he is the one that taught me my first sleuthing tool ~ watch the nonverbal communication by turning off the volume. Good luck to AT and his family!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I too enjoyed AT. He didn't fall for the mumbo-jumbo stuff. He had Lorenzo right on. Andrew Firestone was his favorite bachelor, but he was sure that Andy and Ivana would NEVER get married (which is yet to be seen). Maybe the engagement made him hang up his shingle

Really, I wish him and his family all the best, and it sounds like a terrific opportunity and one that he should love. He was a great history buff, and it was obvious that is where his heart was - not with ABC Bachelor.

Fare thee well, AT. It's been fun!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I loved his comments as well. Good Luck A.T.!

Q. Hi A.T. I surely miss your comments, especially in this Bachelor series! I was wondering if you saw the finale and what was your thoughts about it, if you did. Thanks and I’ll miss you! (Bonnie)

A. Watching the finale, out of curiosity, I could not help feeling a certain happiness I did not waste my time tuning in every week for this.
    I know a certain number of fans believe this is really a match made in heaven and the “Officer and Gentleman” is one of the best bachelors lately, but I can not count myself as part of this group.
    Perhaps I should have been born a century ago, when a man’s word was actually considered to be binding and a measure of his integrity. I may be wrong but thought I heard this officer (sorry, I can’t call him a gentleman) tell two different women “ I love you” while proceeding to kiss both in his slightly comical “woodpecker style”, one peck at a time.
    I don’t know in today’s society what “I love you” means, if anything, but in my own world that means you actually have strong feelings for that woman and a real gentleman would not dump her the following night with a pre-fabricated “feel-good” sendoff. Real tacky, in my book!
    Anyway, bottom line is I don’t give these two TV-lovebirds much time together. Oh, they’ll probably excite the fans for a while, with their “made for TV” romance, but I would actually be shocked if their “love story” actually held the test of time.
    Someone should tell these ABC producers the once exciting Bachelor Series died a long time ago. All we are being subjected to is merely a heavily scripted soap opera.
    Oh, I forgot; Keep an eye out for Lt. Andy, he is not as squeaky clean as the series made him out to be.

READER'S Q&A WITH THE AUTHOR.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2308970;
    Mr.Psychologist is a serious expert... at saying absolutely nothing of consequence. He also seems to dislike athletic events. I wonder how many times he got beat up in gym class in the third grade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2308968;
    Go easy on him, he's still carrying his childhood scars from being picked last in all the games.
    I have never read A.T. before.

So I followed the link and read a while.

As for Andy, even when not asked about Andy he mentioned he is only into himself because he is an athlete.

Something about Marathon people comments, sound off to me.

I was reminded of Danielles parents in the Marathon picture holding hands at the finish line and Andy saying now that is what family is about. This is so opposite of what A.T. implies.

Andy seemed to like the idea of exercising together. Tessa is a runner. I remember Tessa saying that her family would go for a run before opening Christmas presents. (Do not know if ture.) So I think she likes running as well.

Anyway, I found the athletic comments odd. Just wondering.

To bad I just discovered these post now.

From the link:
    A. I believe it is possible Andy MD could have found someone on the show he really likes, and is excited about, but that is miles away from being “in love”.
    You know, I have not even seen our dear self-absorbed Dr. on TV and can predict he is probably one of those individuals who laughs at his own phrases while expecting you to follow along. Also, while I believe it is OK to enjoy sports, I do not have much respect for individuals who are constantly trying to show off their physical prowess in athletic events.

AND

Q. What do you think of Jen & Lorenzo and the possibility of any serious relationship? (Gail)

A. I personally believe there were no sparks on the nigh-of-all-nights much less now that they have been separated most of the time. They both have what I call a casual long distance friendship that will fizzle out in the near future.
    I will also astonish all the readers by giving out one of my “magical crystal ball futuristic insights” and predict, before the series even begins taping, our next Bachelor is going to turn out to be an overachiever, in love with himself, who has the need to outperform others around him while thriving with the attention (most marathoners are like this). Some of the female fans will “Ooooh and Aaaah” every time he is shown shirtless with his gleaming “six-pack”, others will yawn and say he is a fake, like Aaron was, while our Officer & a Gentleman” will meekly look at the camera and try to convince everyone he is just a poor sailor boy, who has a tough time finding girls, and is ready for that “leap of faith” that will take him straight to the altar. I feel sorry for the 25 bachelorettes already!

Oh, I have read A.T's predictions, and he is generally right on target with his views. And I have to add that I agree with him..I just don't know what some think the word 'love' means anymore. It's used SO lightly, and this was obvious in this season, in particular. Tacky. Very tacky, I agree with you, A.T.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 06-27-2007 at 08:12 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2453716;
    Oh, I have read A.T's predictions, and he is generally right on target with his views. And I have to add that I agree with him..I just don't know what some think the word 'love' means anymore. It's used SO lightly, and this was obvious on this season, in particular. Tacky. Very tacky, I agree with you, A.T.
    Oh, I know I totally agree with both of you. This is exactly how I seen him.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast