Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

I asked a question and got an answer, but I don't know how to post it correctly ... perhaps someone else wants to do that.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Q. I believe when Chris made his 60% comment, it really meant that there is a 60% chance, whomever Prince Lorz picks, that they will still be dating after the show airs. Do you see any body language that might signal that any of the girls or Lorz are enamored of each other? (Jelle)

A. It is my opinion Lorenzo is not emotionally attached to anyone on the show. As always, he will have to choose one in the end, since I imagine his contract demands it (Jen’s series comes to mind). They will have a relationship for X amount of time, and each will go their own way after some time has passed.
    I have received several e-mails asking for my opinion of who he is going to choose and I confess not to have the slightest idea. I believe this show has turned into a soap opera, with pre-planned situations, conversations, and events, in an attempt to create entertainment, and I can not know what is in the producer’s minds. I am going out on a limb here but, after the last Bachelor fiascos, I predict the possibility of our so-called Italian prince giving a ring to one of them just to make the viewers and producers happy.

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2132857;
    I asked a question and got an answer, but I don't know how to post it correctly ... perhaps someone else wants to do that.
    Great job jelle! I wondered if that was you that posted the question!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

The Last Word ... ????

Q. Hi A.T. What do you think about the two finalists on The Bachelor?
    A. I honestly believe both finalists appear to be really nice but neither one has what it takes to make our Prince happy in the long run.

Q. Hello A.T. I am dying to know your opinion of last night’s Bachelor show. Thanks! (Jackie)
    A. What stands out most , in my opinion, is the total lack of passion, or excitement, between Lorenzo and the girls.
    Sadie’s comments mostly centered on the fact “she could be married to a prince” and I believe she was more into winning “her prince” than anything else. I found Jen without much substance. Take away her fit of giggles and she actually could not pin down exactly what she likes about Lorenzo. Last but not least, our prince appears to be a pretty nice guy but, as I mentioned earlier, he was totally lacking in the passion department. How boring can a supposed man-in-love be!
    I honestly do not see any flame between him and Jen and believe they will have one of those bland relationships that will fizzle out in the not-to-far future.
    Oh, one more thing: I have to say I found the producer’s idea of secretly getting everyone’s parents together in the same room, with Lorenzo and both girls, very tacky. It is my personal opinion these producers will callously exploit and film a relative’s wake, in the funeral parlor, as long as it bring them the ratings...... I feel these Bachelor shows were really exciting and interesting in the beginning, now they are real disappointing! I do not give much value to the next series either, I predict the Navy Doctor, and part time marathoner, is too much into himself to give any of it away to someone else. I already feel sorry for the young lady who accepts his way of life, for between his Navy duties and intense preparation for his marathons she'll barely see him at all. Not everyone can handle that way of life.

http://tvdramas.about.com/gi/dynamic...%2Fbachelor%2F
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Q. What do you think of Jen & Lorenzo and the possibility of any serious relationship? (Gail)

A. I personally believe there were no sparks on the nigh-of-all-nights much less now that they have been separated most of the time. They both have what I call a casual long distance friendship that will fizzle out in the near future.
    I will also astonish all the readers by giving out one of my “magical crystal ball futuristic insights” and predict, before the series even begins taping, our next Bachelor is going to turn out to be an overachiever, in love with himself, who has the need to outperform others around him while thriving with the attention (most marathoners are like this). Some of the female fans will “Ooooh and Aaaah” every time he is shown shirtless with his gleaming “six-pack”, others will yawn and say he is a fake, like Aaron was, while our Officer & a Gentleman” will meekly look at the camera and try to convince everyone he is just a poor sailor boy, who has a tough time finding girls, and is ready for that “leap of faith” that will take him straight to the altar. I feel sorry for the 25 bachelorettes already!

http://tvdramas.about.com/gi/dynamic...%2Fbachelor%2F

Q. Did you read Jen's book, "Better Single Than Sorry"??? Want to do a review? What do you think? (Barbara)

A. No, I have not read it. I would have purchased the book if she had written about her Bachelor experiences and relationship with Andy.

Q. Hi A.T. What’s your opinion about next Bachelor Andy Baldwin, and his comments in recent articles about having found “love”?

A. I believe it is possible Andy MD could have found someone on the show he really likes, and is excited about, but that is miles away from being “in love”.
    You know, I have not even seen our dear self-absorbed Dr. on TV and can predict he is probably one of those individuals who laughs at his own phrases while expecting you to follow along. Also, while I believe it is OK to enjoy sports, I do not have much respect for individuals who are constantly trying to show off their physical prowess in athletic events.

Link

Sounds like he doesn't appreciate the amount of work involved in being a triathelete.

He hasn't seen the guy but has Andy pegged as a do as I say not as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2308964;
    Sounds like he doesn't appreciate the amount of work involved in being a triathelete.

He hasn't seen the guy but has Andy pegged as a do as I say not as I do.
    Go easy on him, he's still carrying his childhood scars from being picked last in all the games.

Mr.Psychologist is a serious expert... at saying absolutely nothing of consequence. He also seems to dislike athletic events. I wonder how many times he got beat up in gym class in the third grade?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Re: A.T. the Angelfire Psychologist

Q. Hi A.T. What are your thoughts and suggestions when someone in a relationship is not very affectionate?
    I’ve been with my girlfriend for nine months now. She says she isn’t an affectionate young woman, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t love me. I know that she loves me because she always invites me to family gatherings. She has a large, close family, and she only brings serious boyfriends to the family (I’m actually her first boyfriend). But I just wish she’d express her feelings with words and gestures a bit more.
    I’m not sure I’d break up with her just because of this, but I’m not totally happy with her. Comments? (M.L.)

A. I am going to do a little guessing here because I am confused after reading your question. You mention she has a close family and only brings serious boyfriends to meet them, and then go on to say you are her first boyfriend.
    Having said that, I am going to be honest with you and say you should really consider ending any serious long-term relationship with this individual.
    I am known to be a little radical dealing with certain types of relationships and, in this case, advise against having a conversation with the other person regarding this issue. I feel, if this individual really loves you, she will possibly try to modify her behavior just to please you. I also believe her actions, most likely, will be short lived, reverting to her old self after a while.
    There are always going to be well-wishers who will say otherwise but I believe you will always continue to feel the need to have someone affectionate by your side, and your spouse, or companion, will always come up short. Eventually, you will make each other miserable to the point of you fantasizing or even actually carrying out extramarital relationships, in your search for someone more affectionate.
    The final decision is yours, of course, but take her feelings into account and realize she deserves to be happy too. Having a companion who is always dissatisfied with the relationship is no way to go for either one.

Q. I was wondering if you saw the Bachelor premiere and your opinion of Andy and the bachelorettes. Thanks, I really miss your weekly articles. (Betty R.)

A. I was curious to see the premiere, like everyone else, and was grateful ABC decided to shorten it from the agonizing 2-hour repetitious infomercial of previous series.
    Andy ended up being pretty much what I predicted a month before, an unusual puppy in love with himself and with an abnormal desire to impress others with his never ending list of achievements. He came across as an excessively cute and cuddly overachiever (I hear warning bells every time I see one of these) who can look straight at the camera and sound like he’s really seeking ABC’s help in finding a bride because, as Elvis used to sing, “I’m so lonesome I could cry”. It reminded me of Aaron’s lines during his first conversation with my man “Chris”.
    Realistically, I am having trouble seeing this guy surviving a U.S. military boot camp, not to mention working with a bunch of rough and tough submariners who, if this was the real Andy, would not hesitate shoving the decathlon lover into one of the torpedo tubes and shooting him out into an abyss.
    The ladies were another disappointment. You have the regular batch of cuties that include the Barbie dolls look-alikes (complete with their false-looking body enhancers), the constant complainers, the token minority representative (that gets sent home eventually), and the ones ABC put in there just to rumble tumble the situation a little, in order to feed the Jerry Springer lovers. I agree there are a couple of nice ladies in the group, but I hope they are smart enough to run away from the “Officer & the Gentleman”. In this case, the winner has already my sincere sympathies, since she will not only have to compete with Andy’s demanding Navy job, but with his extensive triathlon trainings, competitions, and finally, with the fact he is, first and foremost, in love with himself. I sincerely wish her good luck!

Link

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast