Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RCG Game is up

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but I won during the Jesse season, and let's just say that the income tax I had to pay wasn't worth the goodies. I've considered putting the doll-sized jeans I won on e-bay, since I couldn't 've fit into them even in jr. high school.
    Okay, one person has won one goodie bag in 11 seasons. You rock Bama.

You know what, if you state that the item was brand new and won from a bachelor goodie bag, that could bring you some big bucks (I sell on Ebay as a hobby).
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 10-07-2006 at 08:28 PM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Hate to burst your bubble, but I won during the Jesse season, and let's just say that the income tax I had to pay wasn't worth the goodies. I've considered putting the doll-sized jeans I won on e-bay, since I couldn't 've fit into them even in jr. high school.
    I won during Charlie's season, and like you, there was nothing in the bag that I could use, other than a finger nail file. My daughter is still enjoying all the stuff though Yes, it sucked having to pay taxes on all the "stuff"

I know someone else on this board who won "first" (not "grand") prize, and we were in e-mail contact because we couldn't even figure out what one of the items was. It looked like a glass doorknob.. Turned out, it was a decorative handle that fell off of the candle box. I had several items damaged in shipping and handling. But the worst thing I received were two identical bottles of an ugly brown nail polish that both had "SAMPLE" stamped in huge letters on the bottles. Still, it was kinda fun to receive the box . . . till Jan. 15 rolled around.

I know someone else on this board who won "first" (not "grand") prize, and we were in e-mail contact because we couldn't even figure out what one of the items was. It looked like a glass doorknob.. Turned out, it was a decorative handle that fell off of the candle box. I had several items damaged in shipping and handling. But the worst thing I received were two identical bottles of an ugly brown nail polish that both had "SAMPLE" stamped in huge letters on the bottles. Still it was kinda fun to receive the box . . . till Jan. 15 rolled around.
    So three winners! Wow, more than I thought. So the taxes were actually that high then?!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

The taxes were high because they WAY overestimated the "value" of the items. I believe they said mine was a retail value of $1,000. Yeah, right. And there's no silicone on the show either.
    Last edited by bamabrain; 10-07-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    So three winners! Wow, more than I thought. So the taxes were actually that high then?!
    Can't remember what they were, but hubs was pretty upset by it. Asked that IF I should ever win again to please decline the prise.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance View Post
    Can't remember what they were, but hubs was pretty upset by it. Asked that IF I should ever win again to please decline the prise.
    Just asked my hubby because he still gripes about it from time to time. He says we had to pay 33% tax on it. Wasn't worth $333.34--that's for sure. So now I'm in the game for the fun of it.

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Just asked my hubby because he still gripes about it from time to time. He says we had to pay 33% tax on it. Wasn't worth $300--that's for sure. So now I'm in the game for the fun of it.

OMG....well good thing I haven't ever one cause I would have to send
    ABC and FLEISS a letter showing them a great big giant red X to mark
    the spot on my backside they could kisss...lol

Just asked my hubby because he still gripes about it from time to time. He says we had to pay 33% tax on it. Wasn't worth $333.34--that's for sure. So now I'm in the game for the fun of it.
    Ouch! Do the girls have to pay taxes on those overpriced goody bags? If I had to guess I'd say yes, which would really suck for the ones eliminated the first night. No Prince, no love, early trip home, crappy overpriced stuff AND taxes.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

How many get cut for 10/9?

One post, a few pages back (sorry, not sure which one), quoted a media sources as saying there would be a cut from 12 to 9. If so, why is the Rose Ceremony game having us picking 8? Mistake somewhere?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast