Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    -He likes Moana more.
    -His family likes Sarah more.
    -He is a wuss.
    -He also doesn't REALLY like either of them enough to see them much past what is contractually obligated, and he has to live with his family's reaction no matter what (although of course we will hear lots of false "follow your heart" comments from them before this is over, no matter how much or little they mean it).

So he will pick Sarah. Give her a promise ring, not an engagement ring. And hightail it out of town to his new practice located nowhere near where his family, or either girl, lives, letting the supposed relationship just sort of whither away until the public forgets about it.
    Are you reading my mind now Krom? ITA.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    -He likes Moana more.
    -His family likes Sarah more.
    -He is a wuss.
    -He also doesn't REALLY like either of them enough to see them much past what is contractually obligated, and he has to live with his family's reaction no matter what (although of course we will hear lots of false "follow your heart" comments from them before this is over, no matter how much or little they mean it).

So he will pick Sarah. Give her a promise ring, not an engagement ring. And hightail it out of town to his new practice located nowhere near where his family, or either girl, lives, letting the supposed relationship just sort of whither away until the public forgets about it.
    You "hit the nail right on the head".
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Are you reading my mind now Krom? ITA.
    MsFroggy, our friend, Krom of no nonsense logic, has read my mind as well!!
    Krom, you nailed my thoughts.... And thanks to you, Krom and MsFroggy and many others who have kept me laughing through this AMAZINGLY long and agonizing season. You've made the effort worthwhile.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by ILive4Bachelor View Post
    I think sarah will win over mom and dad. Sister?? hmmmm....I don't know, she may swing Moana's way.
    Sister is going to be interested in 1. How the candidate bonds w/ her kids 2. How sis herself feels about the person 3. How bro. T. really feels about the person. She'll be looking to see what the real deal is here and what her bro's feelings really are. Is it love? Is the lust there? She'd want the best for him, but she would probably analyse things. If they are the only siblings in the family my guess is that she's helped him sort things out a lot in the past. Just don't make this out to be a manipulative bad thing.

Note: If T. doesn't pick Moana it's for two reasons: 1. Things aren't the way TPTB want us to thin 2. He's feelings for Moana have waned and gotten stronger for SS. Remember the SHORT time span. In dating isn't there a time around the fifth date or so when perceptions start to change? Either the bond gets stronger or it weakens. (Yea, I know, mom talk, )

I voted for Sarah. I posted on a different thread that I just remembered a comment that Travis made about the b-ettes regarding formality. When he dumped Susan, he said she was too formal. Travis is the one who suggested that he and Sarah take food from the formal dinner and take it back to the room.

I think he's more comfortable in less formal settings and Sarah is much more down-to-earth than Moana. Both Sarah and Travis have chosen professions where they can help others. Neither requires particularly lengthy conversations with grownups, which may contribute to the painstakingly boring dialogue we have been treated to over the past several weeks.

I also think the impression your family has of your mate is important, as well as the impression your mate has of your family. My husband knew I was "the one" after our third date when we had dinner with my parents (original issue), six siblings, a b-i-l, s-i-l and some nieces and nephews.

T's dad might be hotter on Moana than Sarah, but his mom and sis' opinion on the b-ette will carry more weight.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I was going to post this on the spoiler thread, in response to several speculation posts about the outcome, but this isn't a spoiler, just my opinion about how this show plays out, so here goes.
    I really wasn't planning to weigh in that much on this season anymore, unless I could enjoy finding a sleuthing clue. That however, seems almost moot at this stage.
    I can say this about Bachelor 8, this season, more than any other, has become one that has disinterested me more as the weeks progressed than any other. I just may have found the impetuous to wean me from my Bachelor obsession.
    That said, my speculation on this season's outcome is more of a resigned agreement with the majority of you instead of heightened anticipation of wondering if Travis is going to go with his heart, because frankly, I don't think Travis fell for either girl. JMO. I know that many of my friends on this board and many of you who are new to us here, have impassioned convictions for your favorite bachelorette. I, however, never saw even the scripted version of a 'real' love story. We can debate until doomsday, whether a love story has been hidden or is slow to develop or Travis couldn't take an emotional choice in the long run. The point is, Fleiss has taken the events that happened during this show and crafted a story that he hopes will draw the viewer in and create enough drama using the 'real' people's actions and words, and manipulating and editing them to fit his purpose, in hopes that he is going to have a ratings winner.
    What kind of love story are we going to get in the finale? You guys summed it up better than I: 2 friends, move to a hint of romance to a stronger romantic link after the fantasy to a very sexy girl next door winning the reluctant Bachelor's heart. Is this what really happened? Again, we won't really know I think, if Travis and Sarah, did really develop a serious relationship or did Travis really fall for Mona but couldn't see him with her in real life. Travis has to bring this show to a romantic close, and I believe he was extremely conflicted in making that choice, not being in love with either one, but going with the one that logically might have a better chance of making it back home.
    Sadly, I don't see this as a relationship that's going to last, but that's JMO.
    Bonus: You haven't had to endure a lot of my long rants and I can truly say, the Bachelor is not my favorite obsession (until they reel me back in next season! :)
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Cafegirl, I always love your posts!

I agree with you that this season is a disappointment. There was a lot of hype about the location, the perfect Bachelor and the best Bachelorettes and the best season and best everything. What became of all that?

I expected some cluelessness from Fleiss when I first heard about the Paris location. You know, your usual trip to the Louvre to exclaim over how small La Gioconda is, some ooohing and aaahhhing about the Eiffel Tower and lots of butchered French. I'm happy they left the Louvre undefiled but this season could have been set in Slovakia and we'd never know it for all the culture they absorbed while on this "amazing journey" (). One fabulous location completely wasted.

The FRC, it seems, might be another yawner. Set up in the same old, same old pretty room as all the other RCs, nothing special. They could have filmed this one indoors in Albania and we would hardly notice. Another opportunity wasted.

The outcome is pretty much a given: Travis picks homegrown girl. Gee, what a surprise. The.Most.Romantic.Rose.Ceremon y.In.History. Yawn. Love story? What love story? Travis takes a breather from the ER, goes on reality TV and meets Sarah from next door who quit her job to be on the show. Problem is Travis barely registers a pulse with any of these women and with the final one... it's like lukewarm dishwater. Bland and ordinary. Did he really have to go all the way to Paris to buy a burger?

Maybe Chris made that comment because he just couldn't believe they went to all this trouble only to end up with such a ho-hum ending. LOL.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

The fact that Chris says "they had to go all the way to Paris"...could pertain to either woman, IMO. Both live in the states.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I'm happy they left the Louvre undefiled but this season could have been set in Slovakia and we'd never know it for all the culture they absorbed while on this "amazing journey" (). One fabulous location completely wasted.

Don't get your hopes up yet. I think the Palais Royal Gardens is right by the Louvre, Moana may have picked that for the final date location.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal View Post
    Don't get your hopes up yet. I think the Palais Royal Gardens is right by the Louvre, Moana may have picked that for the final date location.
    As long as they don't go in, I'll be fine.