Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    However SS is just too chatty... I think the doc said he wanted someone respectful of other people... well Moana has not said anything bad about anyone.. I just can't believe that SS is the winner by the edit and she really did talk about all the girls bad. from Kristen, and she was up in Moana face all the time asking how she felt etc ... JMO
    Moana in the main broadcasts may not have said much, but they did show several clips on the WTA with her observations.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but as I was thinking about how many folks here are counting the hours until tomorrow night, and being grateful that I'm really looking forward to reading the DWTS forum tomorrow, since the audience is equally split there, I got to considering a few aspects of DWTS that might work well for The Bachelor, should there be another in the series.

One thing I'd like to see is to not have it come down to two women, but three. I think it would add viewer interest, and make sleuthing that much more difficult (and therefore, fun).
    I'm thankful to have a great tennis tournament to watch online and get my mind off this debacle. PlainSarah winning by default is not appealing to me in the least.

FORT Newbie

I think it's Sarah

Sarah and Moana were my two front runners from the first episode. In the early episodes, I liked how Sarah was that natural, girl-next-door with a little bit of spunky to her. I liked how Moana was exotic and more introspective. I believe she was her own person throughout the whole process and didn't let others in the house change her despite their ganging up and cruel remarks. As we approach the last episode, I'm not torn with which one I want to win (because I like both equally for different reasons), but I am quite sure with who he chooses.

I have watched bachelor religiously since the second season with Aaron (except for Bob's season, but can you really blame me?). And after looking at all the screencaps and videos of this season and taking into account all the editing they do on the show, I can't shake off the feeling that the last woman standing will be Sarah. From the very first night, they seemed to be happy with each other and have this joking rapport. Their relationship really started as a casual friendship, but since the hometown date, I've seen a change in the way he acts around her:

1st clue: When they were sitting at the park and he couldn't stop staring at her. When she asked what he was doing, he just replied, "Nothing."
    2nd clue: He invited her and her parents to his house and they were cooking dinner together in his kitchen. Watching that seemed so normal.
    3rd clue: He respected her enough that he didn't make a move until the hometown date when he met her parents. And he looked REALLY into that kiss. They couldn't stop kissing, smiling, and holding each other.
    4th clue: Fantasy date. They seemed really cute posing for those pictures. Also, it seemed like he planned the spa part of the date on his own when he asked the receptionist if she could take them today. Kissing in the floating pool looked like they were all initiated by him.
    5th clue: He pulled out the fantasy suite card right away and told her that the fancy dinner wasn't their style. Major kissing going on in the suite. Did anyone else think that their kiss was one of the longest in bachelor history? It seemed to go on and on that I was embarrassed staring at them.
    6th clue: In a voice over on their date, he said that his friendship with Sarah was deeper than any of the other relationships he formed with the other women.
    7th clue: At the last ceremony, he looks at Sarah and gives her a big hug when he returns from dumping Susan. Moana's hug seemed like an afterthought and a little awkward.
    8th clue: In the screencaps for the next episode, he properly introduces his nieces to Sarah. I think this is a good indication that he really wants to make a good impression on her. There's also a video of him holding on to her and rocking back and forth in front of his sister and brother-in-law. With Moana, he gives her a short hug and then introduces his family.
    9th clue: In the screencaps for the last night, he's cuddling with Sarah on the floor. It think it's late into the night because she tells him that she doesn't want him to leave and he whispers to her that he has to, but he doesn't look like he's in any hurry to leave. Knowing that he is a very private person, I think the whisper really showed the intimate relationship they have with each other and that he really wanted to stay, but knew he shouldn't. Also, if he was already thinking of letting her go, would he really put himself into that situation with the loser?

Many of you may disagree with my opinion. That's okay, we're all entitled to one. I'm just sad that one of the girls doesn't win Travis' heart because they both seem like great gir

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    I'm sure they don't allow that. For the very same reasons that have been mentioned. . I'm one of those who would rather not see all that "entertainment," but then, I like documentaries! It all reinforces the thought, however, that, unless you're a famewhore in search of your 15 or 15-plus minutes, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go on these shows. I'm still wondering why in the world Travis did it. Maybe his sister secretly wants him to be a tv star, the medical equivalent of Dr. Phil or something?
    =natashapierre I've wondered about why it was so important to the sister that he do the SHOW. I'm with you on the documentary. I remember when I began watching the very FIRST Bachelor show--What was the first guy's name anyway?----I watched because I thought it would give insight into real life dating. I found out that it didn't do that, not so much. . . The EDIT cuts out so much of the development of the story that even if the ending is good we don't know what really happened. The most fun I have is chatting about it on the boards trying to figure out what will happen. The outcome, even if it's true love, is not so satisfying. Without the board discussions I doubt if I'd watch the SHOW.
    Heck, it's a tough world I just want all the fame whores to find their special someone and be happy in the end. We never will see enough of the true romance to make me happy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    However SS is just too chatty... I think the doc said he wanted someone respectful of other people... well Moana has not said anything bad about anyone.. I just can't believe that SS is the winner by the edit and she really did talk about all the girls bad. from Kristen, and she was up in Moana face all the time asking how she felt etc ... JMO
    This makes sense from what I've seen, but I don't know that the producers craft things to produce this kind of sense. Sarah talked a lot more than Moana -- that we saw, plus Moana went out of her way to say, well, Travis, all I'm thinking about is just you and me not the other stuff -- and we do know that Travis seems not to like the talking about other people. But in the past I don't think the producers have been too interested in portraying the winner as matching any criteria expressed by the chooser. Seems to me they've just wanted to depict the winner as bad enough to make you wonder but not bad enough to turn everybody off them completely, and aside from that they mostly picked voiceovers and so on to show because they advanced the story line in some other way. I don't know if they're thoughtful enough to pick up on this talking-about-people thing with Sarah. Seems kind of subtle, compared to their usual. It would be interesting if this did turn out to matter, though.

Wasn't his issue more about not wanting the women to trash each other to him? He knows that many of the women had issues with Moana so I doubt it would matter all that much that Sarah called her a b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by bach-fan View Post
    5th clue: He pulled out the fantasy suite card right away and told her that the fancy dinner wasn't their style. Major kissing going on in the suite. Did anyone else think that their kiss was one of the longest in bachelor history? It seemed to go on and on that I was embarrassed staring at them.
    Some sharp observer here pointed out that T & SS's fantasy suite kissing was one shorter kissing sequence re-looped 3-4 times. I was like, "OMG" when I re-watched it and saw it for myself, but that kiss isn't really what it appears upon first viewing. Have to give it to Fleiss on that --- pretty sneaky, Mikey! Then, I went and re-watched T & SS kissing after her parents left his place in Nashville. There are 2 kissing sequences at the end of that date --- one when they first get up from the couch and one at the door just before she leaves. Wouldn't ya know....the kissing when they get up from the couch is also re-looped (or the same exact moment in time is shown more than once from different camera angles). Gotta hand it to the editors for how they get the most possible mileage out of their footage (they make 6 seconds of kissing appear to be much more).

I posted on this before but got no responses (post #690, page 35 of Spoilers/Speculation thread). I still think Travis ultimately chooses Sarah, but it just completely seems as if they are trying desperately to make it appear as if there's more b/t T & SS than there really is.

I remain very skeptical that there's a love story here. Thank goodness I don't actually watch the show for romance anymore, just for laughs & sleuthing and playing with friends here at the FoRT. In all of my reviewing of scenes, I also found another editing gem. During Moana's hometown date, Travis comments that "it was the most uncomfortable 30 minutes I've had in a long time." The kicker? It wasn't voiceover --- T was shown speaking on camera and he was wearing clothes from an earlier 1-on-1 date that took place BEFORE he'd even visited any of the girls' homes. So since he made the comment BEFORE even going to the hometowns, it's impossible it relates to his time in SoCal. Even though I'm fully aware of the editing and comments being inserted out of context, I did intially believe his comment related to Mo's hometown date. It aggravates me to no end that Fleiss can still make a sucker outta me on occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by victoria View Post
    Some sharp observer here pointed out that T & SS's fantasy suite kissing was one shorter kissing sequence re-looped 3-4 times. I was like, "OMG" when I re-watched it and saw it for myself, but that kiss isn't really what it appears upon first viewing. Have to give it to Fleiss on that --- pretty sneaky, Mikey! Then, I went and re-watched T & SS kissing after her parents left his place in Nashville. There are 2 kissing sequences at the end of that date --- one when they first get up from the couch and one at the door just before she leaves. Wouldn't ya know....the kissing when they get up from the couch is also re-looped (or the same exact moment in time is shown more than once from different camera angles). Gotta hand it to the editors for how they get the most possible mileage out of their footage (they make 6 seconds of kissing appear to be much more).

I posted on this before but got no responses (post #690, page 35 of Spoilers/Speculation thread). I still think Travis ultimately chooses Sarah, but it just completely seems as if they are trying desperately to make it appear as if there's more b/t T & SS than there really is.

I remain very skeptical that there's a love story here. Thank goodness I don't actually watch the show for romance anymore, just for laughs & sleuthing and playing with friends here at the FoRT. In all of my reviewing of scenes, I also found another editing gem. During Moana's hometown date, Travis comments that "it was the most uncomfortable 30 minutes I've had in a long time." The kicker? It wasn't voiceover --- T was shown speaking on camera and he was wearing clothes from an earlier 1-on-1 date that took place BEFORE he'd even visited any of the girls' homes. So since he made the comment BEFORE even going to the hometowns, it's impossible it relates to his time in SoCal. Even though I'm fully aware of the editing and comments being inserted out of context, I did intially believe his comment related to Mo's hometown date. It aggravates me to no end that Fleiss can still make a sucker outta me on occasion!
    There's another conclusion and that is that in real life the best part of the kiss was loped off and replaced by the recycled beginning. This would make the kiss seem like a kiss, but make it look awkward. The theory that the kiss was actually much better in real life is at least as strong as it being not as good in real life. Since there's so much evidence that he chose Sarah I would say that it is MORE likely that the later part of the kiss was the best part.

Sometimes I'm not sure why they edit the way they do. I remember during Meredith's show watching an early episode again and noticing that one of the shots of Ian waiting to be called actually showed him already with the rose. There was no reason for that unless they wanted a certain expression and didn't notice the rose. That could be the same with the kisses. Maybe they had more but wanted a certain look so decided to reloop rather than show more of the real thing. They did leave out the dinner in bed that Travis talked about so maybe they kissed more then but didn't want to show it. We have seen more kissing in the videos and previews than during their dates so there was some we didn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by mommo View Post
    Thank you. Now I feel better. There at first I wondered what I had gotton myself into. ms Froggy takes all this too seriously. I really like Sarah and I'm sure under all the drama, Moana is a very nice person. Sadly, we've only gotton to see the drama.
    Welcome, Mommo! If you click on Ms. Froggy's name (to the left) you'll find other posts by her. You'll realize she doesn't take much seriously at all with this show (and I must admit I'm right behind her). There is a lot of funny, good-natured (for the most part) snarking that goes on here. The general feeling is that people who get involved with reality shows kind of open themselves up for snark. I honestly don't think too many people here take this thing so seriously that they are genuinely upset by posts like Ms. Froggy's. It's fun here, and you've come at just the right time. Tomorrow night will be interesting to say the least!