Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mommo View Post
    Thank you. Now I feel better. There at first I wondered what I had gotton myself into. ms Froggy takes all this too seriously. I really like Sarah and I'm sure under all the drama, Moana is a very nice person. Sadly, we've only gotton to see the drama.
    That's the first time anyone ever accused me of taking anything here seriously!!! Good one! Welcome mommo, again!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Newbie
    What's a famewhore reality show contestant?

Quote Originally Posted by mommo View Post
    What's a famewhore reality show contestant?

EVERYONE on this show is considered by many on this board. It means they're open to all snarking.

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but as I was thinking about how many folks here are counting the hours until tomorrow night, and being grateful that I'm really looking forward to reading the DWTS forum tomorrow, since the audience is equally split there, I got to considering a few aspects of DWTS that might work well for The Bachelor, should there be another in the series.

One thing I'd like to see is to not have it come down to two women, but three. I think it would add viewer interest, and make sleuthing that much more difficult (and therefore, fun).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Discussion of Famehos aside (those seeking their 15 min of fame by being genuine on relationship shows ), I'm looking for a AWWW ending. That little blip from the Tennesseean by LL holds promise (I hope.) I have become "emotionally" attached to one of the candidates (not a good thing for me but great for the show) and of course, would like to see her win the "job" as Ms Froggy would call it. But, it is a show in the tradition of Barnham and Bailey - over the top pronouncements of the Greatest. Show. On. Earth in the form of The Most Romantic Rose Ceremony Ever. While I can no longer enjoy cotton candy, I can munch some popcorn and enjoy it to the bitter end.

What - do you mean she is going to do that air spin without a net? Shocking!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    You are right about that That's the cruel side of a reality show. Frankly though dating can be a bit cruel. Most of us only have "one chance to make a good first impression." That's a tough reality in life. For the record I hate that ruthless elimination too, as T. seemed to. Any idea if he has any written information about these girls in advance? When we meet someone in real life we usually have some background information.
    I'm sure they don't allow that. For the very same reasons that have been mentioned. ... They want the crap shoot and the people forced to choose based on a moment's "chemistry" and superficial stuff like -We're both from Nashville! ... There's a lot more promise of fireworks in that, especially because among the candidates who can really project the most instant chemistry or interest or we-have-this-in-common there are likely to be some real characters and hungry-eyed fantasists who believe themselves capable of falling in love at the drop of a hat. ... I'm one of those who would rather not see all that "entertainment," but then, I like documentaries! It all reinforces the thought, however, that, unless you're a famewhore in search of your 15 or 15-plus minutes, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go on these shows. I'm still wondering why in the world Travis did it. Maybe his sister secretly wants him to be a tv star, the medical equivalent of Dr. Phil or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wooh_okk View Post
    Sarah has had a constant "ok" editing. But calling Moana a b****, if she was the winner theyd probably make her look like a saint, nice girl. JMO, though.
    Amanda didn't get a saintly edit
    Estella didn't get a saintly edit
    SarahB didnt get a saintly edit
    Ian didn't get a saintly edit
    Jerry definitely didn't get a saintly edit (he snarked in the house... *gasp*)
    Jessica certainly had a few things to say about Trish
    Mary didn't get a lovely edit in either of her seasons...
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    I'm sure they don't allow that. For the very same reasons that have been mentioned. ... They want the crap shoot and the people forced to choose based on a moment's "chemistry" and superficial stuff like -We're both from Nashville! ... There's a lot more promise of fireworks in that, especially because among the candidates who can really project the most instant chemistry or interest or we-have-this-in-common there are likely to be some real characters and hungry-eyed fantasists who believe themselves capable of falling in love at the drop of a hat. ... I'm one of those who would rather not see all that "entertainment," but then, I like documentaries! It all reinforces the thought, however, that, unless you're a famewhore in search of your 15 or 15-plus minutes, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go on these shows. I'm still wondering why in the world Travis did it. Maybe his sister secretly wants him to be a tv star, the medical equivalent of Dr. Phil or something?

Good point, lets take it a little further. Maybe Travis wants to be the TV star.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-27-2006 at 12:07 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post

Good point, lets take it a little further. Maybe Travis wants to be the TV star.
    Fameho with a stethoscope!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Amanda didn't get a saintly edit
    Estella didn't get a saintly edit
    SarahB didnt get a saintly edit
    Ian didn't get a saintly edit
    Jerry definitely didn't get a saintly edit (he snarked in the house... *gasp*)
    Jessica certainly had a few things to say about Trish
    Mary didn't get a lovely edit in either of her seasons...
    However SS is just too chatty... I think the doc said he wanted someone respectful of other people... well Moana has not said anything bad about anyone.. I just can't believe that SS is the winner by the edit and she really did talk about all the girls bad. from Kristen, and she was up in Moana face all the time asking how she felt etc ... JMO