Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    After Blob's season i think one of his friends or bandmates was quoted as saying something along the lines of him never being interested in any of the girls, that he just picked Estella because he had to pick somebody. Maybe that's the case here.

A couple of FORT'ers and TWOP'ers have pointed out that it might be better if the first round of cuts didn't have to happen so soon. That if 'the one' exists in any group, she might well get rejected early merely because chemistry that might have developed wasn't felt initially, or he just didn't get enough time with a girl. Maybe if they changed the format and started with maybe 20 girls instead of 25, included a "get to know you" cocktail party, followed by 4 group dates of 5, the Bachelor might have a better chance to get to know each one a bit better.
    Unfortunately that makes too much sense and while it might lead to more educated decisions on the part of the Bachelor, it would be too much like a bona fide attempt to find real relationships for real people. That's not entertainment, and it's not what this show is all about, that's Match.com.

The whole first episode is about one thing: "Can the Bachelor home in on the women he'd like to date more, or is attracted to, in 5 minutes or less?" And part of the "entertainment" lies in the fact that he might be dispatching the "love of his life" or at least his best match of the bunch, with the first round of rejected women.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I have to say that I agree with the idea of whittling 25 people down to 12 based on one cocktail party is downright silly. Unless one really is struck by lightening, it's quite a risk that (imagine guitar music here) The One is let go. Everyone is so into the fact that these relationships developed this season, but there was probably not much that kept either of the final two there on the first night.

I've often wondered how he did that. Did he keep a scorecard in his pocket. I've often wondered if the bachelor has access to the questionnaires? I hadn't thought that was the case, but maybe there was some written information on which to make the decision. Aww, who am I kidding this is FLEISS. It was all about the girl being memorable. At least Travis seemed to be sober when meeting the girls so he'd remember. I'd love to get the complete inside story on the first elimination. On the other hand dating usually isn't "fair". . I'm dating myself here. But is it much different than a school mixer or the sixty second dating?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    I've often wondered how he did that. Did he keep a scorecard in his pocket. I've often wondered if the bachelor has access to the questionnaires? I hadn't thought that was the case, but maybe there was some written information on which to make the decision. Aww, who am I kidding this is FLEISS. It was all about the girl being memorable. At least Travis seemed to be sober when meeting the girls so he'd remember. I'd love to get the complete inside story on the first elimination. On the other hand dating usually isn't "fair". . I'm dating myself here. But is it much different than a school mixer or the sixty second dating?
    Well, it is different, in that once someone is dispatched here, they are dispatched. You can always go to next week's mixer or back to the same sixty second dating place, if you feel, upon reflection, that you did not make the best choice the first time you took a stab at it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Well, it is different, in that once someone is dispatched here, they are dispatched. You can always go to next week's mixer or back to the same sixty second dating place, if you feel, upon reflection, that you did not make the best choice the first time you took a stab at it.

You are right about that That's the cruel side of a reality show. Frankly though dating can be a bit cruel. Most of us only have "one chance to make a good first impression." That's a tough reality in life. For the record I hate that ruthless elimination too, as T. seemed to. Any idea if he has any written information about these girls in advance? When we meet someone in real life we usually have some background information.

FORT Newbie

and the final rose goes to

Hi everyone, am new to this board. Been reading for a while and am entertained by all the speculations.

Maybe Travis does pick Moana and Sarah will be the next Bachelorette. abc wouldn't (couldn't) take the chance on Moana....too emotional....or ...maybe not if she's the one in controll. I like both women but feel as if Moana has pulled out all the stops to just win so she can thumb her nose to the other girls that didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by mommo View Post
    Hi everyone, am new to this board. Been reading for a while and am entertained by all the speculations.

Maybe Travis does pick Moana and Sarah will be the next Bachelorette. abc wouldn't (couldn't) take the chance on Moana....too emotional....or ...maybe not if she's the one in controll. I like both women but feel as if Moana has pulled out all the stops to just win so she can thumb her nose to the other girls that didn't last.
    Welcome mommo!

Sarah as the next Bachelorette? Where on earth are they going to find enough stupid doctors, lawyers, and other assorted rich guys to present a great buffet of great lottery prizes for Southern Pageant here? Most of those people have a brain... they would never sign up to be on this crap show.
    Or maybe she'd settle for *gasp* a pharmaceutical sales rep???
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Newbie
    Sorry. Did I offend you. You do have strong feelings on this. I don't feel strongly on either girl, its just fun to speculate and I wouldn't want to intentional hurt Moana's or Sarah's feelings. They are both probably very nice people.

And, the final rose goes to Moana.

Seems like her editing wasnt very good in the past, but they needed some drama in the house. That would make the average viewer think shes not going to get very far. And, theyve been clearing the editing up lately. Notice how we dont know how most viewers are cheering her on, and Chris said that on the WTA. And, the girls in the house said they respected her now. It doesnt make a lot of sense for them to give her a great image now and she doesnt get the final rose.

Sarah has had a constant "ok" editing. But calling Moana a b****, if she was the winner theyd probably make her look like a saint, nice girl. JMO, though.

[FA Edit]

Hey mommo WELCOME
    Glad to have you join us. Ignore the snarking on Sarah, you know how they snark on her because she'll be chosen. (by the overwhelming FORT evidence). Moana would be an interesting choice, but too much of a lose cannon for a Bachelorette. It seems like bringing back the non-chosen ones has not necessarily worked out the best for the producers. Although I'm a HUGE Meredith fan personally.

Don't hesitate to post your thoughts on the SHOW!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 02-26-2006 at 06:03 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote

FORT Newbie
    Thank you. Now I feel better. There at first I wondered what I had gotton myself into. ms Froggy takes all this too seriously. I really like Sarah and I'm sure under all the drama, Moana is a very nice person. Sadly, we've only gotton to see the drama.