Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Southern Pageant is going to win the Doctor Girlfriend lottery... of course. I don't think Travis has the guts to go with what he really wants and what would undoubtedly be an unpopular choice back home at the hospital and at mommy's house.

I say congratulations to her! Winning is winning, even if it's by default, for convenience or for lack of a better choice, but it's still winning.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Southern Pageant is going to win the Doctor Girlfriend lottery... of course. I don't think Travis has the guts to go with what he really wants and what would undoubtedly be an unpopular choice back home at the hospital and at mommy's house.

I say congratulations to her! Winning is winning, even if it's by default, for convenience or for lack of a better choice, but it's still winning.
    Hey MsFroggy
    Help me out here. First of all we have to keep in mind that we've seen the edited t.v. characters, not the complete version. Secondly, it's not Sarah's fault that she became the narrator, this was the editing. Do you seriously think that Sarah was the only one commenting on things. No, they all were bored out of their gourds for lack of outside stimulation. It was the girl talk 24-7. Can you imagine being in that situation? I sure can't. All the girls were making comments in front of the camera. It's just the because Sarah is at least F2 they had to show her more. Plus there was no other DRAMA present besides Moana. 4. Many were edited to have disliked Moana, who knows why?
    5. TRAVIS IS AN ADULT, A FULLY ENTITLED ADULT. Sorry to put this in caps, but he made his own decison. That may not be your decision, may not be the right decision. But, it was his own decision and it's just beyond me that people would say that a 33 yr. old doctor wouldn't be making his OWN decision.

Sorry, to vent. I understand people have favorites. Sarah is not so much like me, but she is the one the I believe T will pick. IF he picks her it's because he WANTS to pick her. He's not a baby.
    There's not a doctor's wives police that goes around interviewing future spouses. lol
    Last edited by girlsmom; 02-16-2006 at 03:59 PM.

originally posted by girlsmom: Sorry, to vent. I understand people have favorites. Sarah is not so much like me, but she is the one the I believe T will pick. IF he picks her it's because he WANTS to pick her. He's not a baby.
    There's not a doctor's wives police that goes around interviewing future spouses. lol
    Well said!

Plus just think, if he chooses Sarah and I believe he does, then Moana can come back as The Bachelorette and I think she would be great.

Should that happen both the Sarah fans and the Moana fans should be happy - right ???? Ah, probably not!

I have no idea where this first posted, but here's my vote and reasoning.

Sarah - but Moana is the better choice.

Travis basically wimps out and lives up to his dork reputation which every poster who knows him says he is. Bah!!

Haha, or now my evil mind thinks Travis was a dud in the romance department and Moana only agreed to stay on til the end so Travis could save face with the Susan acting fiasco!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    I see Sarah being given the final rose, but I don't see that his attraction with Moana is quite as strong as they seem to be playing it up. On that note, I don't see his attraction with Sarah being nearly as stilted or uncomfortable as it has been downplayed to appear.

We know from the Meredith season that they did edit more into the relationship with Matt than what was there, but no way of telling if they've done that this time around.

I see pained looks with Moana, I think he's a guy who likes her - but she's not giving him that in return. He was pouring his heart out, and she didn't even make contact with him and that bothered me. She could've moved herself closer to him, made comments - but she didn't. The crazy thing was earlier she was saying that she felt that she was already the one standing with him in the end.

Then there was the whole conversation in the fantasy suite that was really uncomfortable to me, where he was trying to "sell" her on the idea of them being a couple. His needing to comfort her about not having the exclusivity with him I don't think would've been there if he was "done" - hook, line, and sinker going to pick her. They'd both be on the same page, and there wouldn't need to be any question about what was going to happen.

I like Moana, but I don't think her and Travis are nearly the match that they're portraying on TV. I don't think either of them found love with each other, but maybe found infatuation. Moana and Travis seem as out of place to me as Travis does in this setting.

Sarah and Travis on the other hand seem to have a very natural and real spark and relationship building between them. They keep using the "friendship" stuff to throw people off and to leave question there, but it's so clear that he is interested in her and has been since the night she told him that she was always friends first with every guy she's had a relationship with. The kisses they shared on the fantasy date spoke volumes. The things he says to her - seeing her as the type of woman he'd marry, telling her that he's completely himself with her, saying that he respects her, telling her that he'd have lost a part of himself in the process if she hadn't been there... you don't say that to someone you don't have a real connection (beyond friendship) with.

I don't think Travis and Sarah are in love, but I believe they are building a romance.
    Very well put. I totally agree with this post. I too think he will choose Sarah because I think they are more alike than he and Moana. The fact that he and Sarah haven't been all over each other hasn't really concerned me since they are not the type of people to be that way (in front of the camera). It's also been such a short time that I wouldn't expect either of them to be professing undying love for each other. I think they have a great spark to start a wonderful relationship.

I think it is Moana and should be Moana. If he wanted to kick her off or did not want her, he would not have kept her this long. I believe she is it. I do. I do. I do. You Sarah people make me a bit scared to say so, but I DO!

ha-ha.

Quote Originally Posted by carmella View Post
    Very well put. I totally agree with this post. I too think he will choose Sarah because I think they are more alike than he and Moana. The fact that he and Sarah haven't been all over each other hasn't really concerned me since they are not the type of people to be that way (in front of the camera). It's also been such a short time that I wouldn't expect either of them to be professing undying love for each other. I think they have a great spark to start a wonderful relationship.
    Hey Carmella:
    I agree that S and T are private people. Remember the PDA discussion that Travis started? Obviously it was edited for a reason, but the very fact that it took place is interesting. It didn't seem like he was initiating the discussion. I don't think he brought it up so that he wouldn't have to touch her though. Makes me go hmmm. I can't wait to hear the real story after this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom
    Sorry, to vent. I understand people have favorites. Sarah is not so much like me, but she is the one the I believe T will pick. IF he picks her it's because he WANTS to pick her. He's not a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me View Post
    Well said!

Plus just think, if he chooses Sarah and I believe he does, then Moana can come back as The Bachelorette and I think she would be great.

Should that happen both the Sarah fans and the Moana fans should be happy - right ???? Ah, probably not!
    I agree. It's pretty silly to say Travis wimped out or didn't make his own decision. If he wants to choose Moana, he will choose her no matter what. If he is in love with her, he is not going to pick Sarah just to please his family or doctor friends or the producers. Just because you love Moana and may hate Sarah doesn't mean Travis does or that it makes him stupid. The same would be true if he chose Moana over Sarah. Again, I have no clue why Moana's fans think Sarah is not good enough for Travis or by the sounds of it, good enough for any man. But that's ok, you can hate Sarah if you want, it's fun to have a favorite and a non-favorite, but to say that Travis didn't pick who he really wanted to pick is just crazy. And I like Moana and I'd watch if she were the Bachlorette.

Quote Originally Posted by n2shabbychic View Post
    I agree. It's pretty silly to say Travis wimped out or didn't make his own decision. If he wants to choose Moana, he will choose her no matter what. If he is in love with her, he is not going to pick Sarah just to please his family or doctor friends or the producers. Just because you love Moana and may hate Sarah doesn't mean Travis does or that it makes him stupid. The same would be true if he chose Moana over Sarah. Again, I have no clue why Moana's fans think Sarah is not good enough for Travis or by the sounds of it, good enough for any man. But that's ok, you can hate Sarah if you want, it's fun to have a favorite and a non-favorite, but to say that Travis didn't pick who he really wanted to pick is just crazy. And I like Moana and I'd watch if she were the Bachlorette.
    Moan would make a VERY interesting Bachelorette. If she doesn't get the final rose, I'd sign up for that!

I haven't been able to watch most of this series, just because it was so hard to watch. The only Bachelorette I have really seen is Moana with Travis and that was the family visit and the overnight visit. I don't know what was wrong with her family that night, but I cannot believe that if she and Travis had any kind of "connection" she would allow them to be that rude to him. Secondly, during the overnight visit, I thought she seemed very "formal" (to use Travis's word) while they were eating. She was sitting so far away from him with her back straight, she just didn't seem that into him. I think she is the type of woman who falls in love with the idea of love and not the man himself.

In regards to Travis and who he will pick, just from reading the recaps and the opinions of others, I will go out a limb and say Sarah. He seems to be pretty staid and I cannot see him thinking a romance with Moana will last.