Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Both girls faced criticism, depending on which girl you were rooting for. With Moana's criticism about her emotional outbursts though, I would take that as a hint towards Moana.
    Just like everything else you can make this read however you want based on who you what to win. If you want Moana to win, he means he picked her because he didn't listen to anyone else opinion but based his discission on their relationship. If you want Sarah to win, he just means their opinions didn't factor into his not picking Moana. He still went with his own observations and feelings.

I've come up with few possibilities for the downgrading of true love expectation which we've been marketed:

1. This season is all about Travis and all about women LOVING Travis, so since women watch, it may be better to make "anything possible and market the unpredictability angle rather than the love angle.

2. Travis isn't in love and really does just "choose" and because people are watching they can set expectations at an appropriate level. May question: Why start now?

3. Maybe marketing the true love angle would be too limiting since Moana has been shown that there's a bit of "funk" to work out, this would mean Sarah and maybe a loss of viewership?

4. He chose somebody and they really have broken up. This is the "obvious" conclusion, but I always resist what somebody is trying to manipulate me into believing. Traditionally they'd still be pushing the "will he propose angle". . Didn't they do this w/ Charlie? Since when do they care about misrepresenting the outcome??? Travis could work around this angle, imo.

Perhaps tptb decided that Travis is so appealing to such a large number of women that they don't have to play the TRUE LOVE, PROPOSAL angel to reel viewers in. Their goal is maximum viewership and how do they achieve that?

Maybe I always try to make everything more complicated than it is, but this isn't sitting right with me. I can't accept the obvious, and it's not because I think that not only DOES Sarah get picked, but that she'd be the best match for him. The obvious per the amended marketing strategy is that he didn't find love, but who cares. Now he's free for ALL women to have a shot with.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 02-21-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    4. He chose somebody and they really have broken up. This is the "obvious" conclusion, but I always resist what somebody is trying to manipulate me into believing. Traditionally they'd still be pushing the "will he propose angle". . Didn't they do this w/ Charlie? Since when do they care about misrepresenting the outcome??? Travis could work around this angle, imo.
    They left out the will Travis buy a ring question last night, but they did tout the will he propose, will she say yes tradition.

I have to disagree, girlsmom. I think most people watch this show to see two other people fall in love. Pretty much, nobody watches to try to get a handle on who they themselves would like to date next. My guess is that if one reviewed the audience demographics a small percentage is even of the correct age and marital status to find a mate in the 'star'. Just seems farfetched to me.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I have to disagree, girlsmom. I think most people watch this show to see two other people fall in love. Pretty much, nobody watches to try to get a handle on who they themselves would like to date next. My guess is that if one reviewed the audience demographics a small percentage is even of the correct age and marital status to find a mate in the 'star'. Just seems farfetched to me.

I agree with you, traditionally, that's why I watch. They're just hyping the Bachelor himself SO much. Also, I didn't catch any mention of a ring last night, but them I was doing my crossword puzzle at the same time. lol
    This season just seems so different. CH made a comment on the women liking this bachelor so much, I'm not thinking clearly, but something to the effect that the applause indicated how much women adore this bachelor.
    I have no agenda here, I'm just trying to look at this logically. I'm SO suspicious of the obvious here. The subtle message is DEFINITELY that he did not find love and that the right one wasn't there and that he just loves ALL women. That's what I got out of last night.

I'm SO suspicious of the obvious here. The subtle message is DEFINITELY that he did not find love and that the right one wasn't there and that he just loves ALL women. That's what I got out of last night.
    girlsmom: Well this is a first - I am going to disagree with you

I'm not sure that Travis found love, I am hoping he did. I do believe that Travis is very respectful and admiring of people who are different. He seems to be a very understanding and accepting individual, but I wouldn't say he loves ALL woman. Well, let me rephrase, he is a man, so yes he loves all woman, but he is the type who can only deeply love one and that is Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me View Post
    girlsmom: Well this is a first - I am going to disagree with you

I'm not sure that Travis found love, I am hoping he did. I do believe that Travis is very respectful and admiring of people who are different. He seems to be a very understanding and accepting individual, but I wouldn't say he loves ALL woman. Well, let me rephrase, he is a man, so yes he loves all woman, but he is the type who can only deeply love one and that is Sarah
    Hmm, Not to worry Spoilme, Not to worry, I"m not sure that we do disagree. I mean that he genuinely appreciates all women, yes disclaimer not the flagrantly unworthy ones though. lol I didn't mean to make this sound like I thought that he was a Cassanova, I meant genuinely likes all women. o.k. I hadn't had my full dose of java yet, sorry if it came out wrong. lol.
    I have no reason to believe that he couldn't deeply love one, that's why I hope I'm here to see it happen. He picks Sarah, I want to see it work out after the series is over.
    I absolutely believe, due to my friend's info., that he appreciates all type of good women.

FORT Newbie
    One thing Travis said that makes me think he picked Sara, besides the fact he said she is the perfect woman for me, was when he said I hate having to hurt this woman, I want to know she will be ok, which in this case is not possible for me. Now, if he lives in Nashville with Sara, I think it would be easy enough for him to find out if she is ok, whether on his own or through someone else. Just my 2 cents.

good thought, ericsshop. Welcome!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsshop View Post
    One thing Travis said that makes me think he picked Sara, besides the fact he said she is the perfect woman for me, was when he said I hate having to hurt this woman, I want to know she will be ok, which in this case is not an possible for me. Now, if he lives in Nashville with Sara, I think it would be easy enough for him to find out if she is ok, whether on his own or through someone else. Just my 2 cents.
    Yep, I agree on both points, but realistically we can dig up quotes to support anything. I trust the FORT analysis so it doesn't matter.
    I'm still looking for rational behind the change of marketing of the results. I just can't buy that it's as simple as being truthful. I somehow think that the truth is a foreign concept to FLEISS and co.