Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: And the final rose goes to. . . **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    I was just thinking about that the other day too. I wondered if during that interview he was talking about Moana, but it could've possibly been Susan too with the whole actress thing. When did Chris come out and confirm he was talking about Moana as another "character"?
    See a transcript of the interview that I posted in the Analysis of Bachelor 8 Part 2 thread. It is post number 426. He confirms "Moana" as the "character".

Quote Originally Posted by idol2fan View Post
    I like both girls and they both have great qualities, but I think Sarah fits in better with his lifestyle. Travis' lifestyle involves mountain biking, white water kayaking, etc. Both of these usually involve camping--in a tent. Especially if you do any longer river trips of 2-6 days. I can see Sarah doing this a lot more than I can Moana. Of course, that is making a judgment from going off what little we have seen of them on TV.

I compare this season to Jen's season when she was down to Jerry and JP. Jerry was her fantasy, JP probably the better choice for her. Once she picked Jerry and they got in the real world, they were not compatible and had nothing to talk about. That's how I see Travis with Moana and Sarah. Moana is like his fantasy, but in the real world I don't see their lifestyles mixing. But, who thought Trista would end up in Vail, Colorado?

I think his logic will prevail and he will go with Sarah.

My two cents.
    You got that right! I never in a million years thought Trista would pick Ryan. I thought she would pick that cutie Charlie and live the cushy lifestyle in California. However, now we see clips of her and she looks cute and downright comfy in Colorado as walks around in her snow boots...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm not so sure that it could be Moana at all. I don't remember ever seeing another Bachelor/ette winner who was edited as the "outcast" or that had such a bad "meeting the parents" scene aired. For that reason, I think it has to be Sarah. She has been edited as the "good girl", but they are trying to put that doubt in there by taking out any romance scenes so it won't be too obvious. It would be very surprising if Moana was the one.

Since the editing focus is on entertainment there is no reason not to have shown Moana's horrific home visit even if she is the victor. Same goes for her emotional message to Travis and her outcast standing. She gave them this on a silver platter. One of these days a Bachelor will fall in love with the outcast. They will always show the most interesting footage so all the talk of editing for the win makes sense only to a point. First and foremost they want the ending to be a surprise. Moana would be the surprise.

Stay with me here, I am desperate.

Susan is being edited in an ambiguous way. She is the friend/buddy/neighbor and comfortable shoe. She also shares his passion for the outdoors and simple things in life. They leave the formal dinner and take food to the room to be all down home with each other. Ah, she is the one, we all say. This could go either way. I can hear Travis saying that they would make great friends but there was no passion.

Having said all of this, Snapits post 426 is telling. Chris mentions Allie G as the first great 'character' to emerge and then names Moana as another 'character' that will come into light. Not a good sign.

Unless Chris used this terminology on purpose to throw viewers off the scent Sara has more points in her column as we near the finish line.

I still hope we are all surprised to see Moana on his arm in the end.

My thinking is that since Travis is a doctor, if he wasn't interessted in either of them, he would have cut Moana a long time ago to protect her emotional health. If he cares about her only as a friend he would not put her through the rejection at the final Rose Ceromony.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100 View Post
    My thinking is that since Travis is a doctor, if he wasn't interessted in either of them, he would have cut Moana a long time ago to protect her emotional health. If he cares about her only as a friend he would not put her through the rejection at the final Rose Ceromony.
    Well if he cut Moana way back, then he'd be stepping on her likelihood of being the next Bachelorette. Maybe the producers dropped him a hint.

Or maybe, being an E.R. doc and not a psychiatrist, it just didn't occur to him, since it didn't have anything to do with patching up a wound or stopping her from bleeding out.

Or maybe, being a guy who went on a reality T.V. show and not a saint, it just didn't occur to him period.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I don't think Travis has only cared for Moana as a friend throughout this process. I fully believe him when he referred to her as his girlfriend on their fantasy date, and I fully believe that he had feelings invested in her. In this case, why would he have let someone go weeks ago if he had true feelings for them that he wanted to explore deeper?

Just because she may not be his final pick doesn't mean he knew long ago that she wouldn't be.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I thought this too. Knowing that things have change with Sarah and he might be going that way, why not bring Susan to the final and dump her because he knew she was acting and that she is not interested in him. Moana is going to be badly hurt, because although others might think she is not invested in him, I think she is and might have fallen for him. If in the pass she has been hurt then this one will hurt even worse. I think that all that has been said on the other board might be true and she is hurting a whole lot right not. I have not seen anything about a ATFR show so there might not be any. I can acknowledge that SARAH S wins this one and Moana comes in second only I wish Susan had been second that would justify the whole season in my eyes and Moana would not hurt again. She seems like a nice lady what a pity the process is so brutal.

I agree Broadway.

But, keeping her now instead of long ago getting rid of her doesnt mean she would be rejected at the FRC.

I dont think at all that they told Travis to keep her around so she could be the next bachelorette... if he didnt have real feelings for her then im sure that Travis would have eliminated her at the F3, people still remembering her, but not a winner.

Face it, Travis has feelings for both women...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I don't think Travis has only cared for Moana as a friend throughout this process. I fully believe him when he referred to her as his girlfriend on their fantasy date, and I fully believe that he had feelings invested in her. In this case, why would he have let someone go weeks ago if he had true feelings for them that he wanted to explore deeper?

Just because she may not be his final pick doesn't mean he knew long ago that she wouldn't be.
    I hear you, I also believe he has feelings invested in her. However, some people here think that he is not interessted in either woman as a long-term partner, and if that is the case, I do believe he would have cut Moana instead of e.g. Sarah from Canada, who he was also more "friends" with. Moana just doesn't seem like a woman you can have a short-term fling with.

ETA: replaced does with doesn't to actually make the right point.
    Last edited by astrogirl_2100; 02-20-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Or maybe, being an E.R. doc and not a psychiatrist, it just didn't occur to him, since it didn't have anything to do with patching up a wound or stopping her from bleeding out.

Or maybe, being a guy who went on a reality T.V. show and not a saint, it just didn't occur to him period.
    He does seem to be very careful with his image, though. I think he is a "high ideal" kind of guy, naive but idealistic. I think he sees himself as someone who would do the "right thing".