Page 53 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** **Speculation** Analysis of Bachelor 8 Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post

I think it is clear from this shot that Travis is planning to kill her. We can only see one hand, because the other is holding the butcher knife, not a rose. An unaware Moana is staring at his left ear, thinking about whether or not she's missing Desperate Housewives. The chandelier above has been photoshopped in--in fact the entire room has been, because they are actually on the deck of a sailboat, and he plans to push her corpse in the water afterwards. The candles in the foreground, however, are real, and the fact that they are slightly uneven on top proves that Travis had enough time to get to at least second base before we got to this point.
    Finally, sanity and logic in the midst of chaos
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    The doubt that T has in his mind in France fully affects a change in his thinking once he leaves Paris. What happens in Europe stays in Europe. When he leaves Paris and gets back home he puts her [Moana] in context. I may be wrong, but Moana belongs in Europe and the glow may wear off once he's on home turf.

ALSO: I completely disagree that it's obvious that T would pick Sarah. To me it has been "obvious" that he's in the glow of Moana, but not so. What happens in Europe stays in Europe. Moana was his vacation, not reality and he realizes that and "twist" picks Sarah.
    I think that Moana realizes this before Travis does. In talking to Travis at the end of her date in Venice, she says something about - no matter what happens, I will never forget this - or something much more eloquent. I took it as her realization that what they experienced is precious and special. That it is very real for both of them. Something that, regardless of his final choice, their knowing each other will remain treasured. I think she realizes that while he does love her, she may not be his "mate." I think she gives him permission to go with what he needs. You know, "if you love someone you must let them go...etc."? He has a rather pensive look after that - I don't think it was just chat. Moana is very perceptive and I think that was forshadowing.

Will someone who has the tape listen to that part and see if you hear that also?

Have you had an experience that was so treasured that although the person/relationship/situation no longer exists, you carry it with you in the special moment place in your heart? I think that is Moana, because I do think he chooses Sarah
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    These are also my thoughts this morning. Moana is the girlfriend, the last fling before choosing a wife.
    Do we really imagine, for a minute, that Travis is considering MARRYING Sarah?? I'm sorry, but I cannot see this. He may very well choose her in the end, but only for the purposes of having someone nearby to date when he's not on the long shifts at work (read: once a week, maybe) and then see how things go.

The scenes I've seen and how they've been described by others here at the FORT indicate that Travis and Sarah can hardly hold a conversation of any depth at all, beyond "I'm perfect for you, they aren't perfect for you, I'm a doctor, you're a teacher, etc" It's like the first date you'd have with someone, maybe a date set up by a friend, and you're trying to get to know each other MINUS an immediate physical attraction. I hardly think this indicates he is smitten enough to actually consider marrying her. Sure, he may very well offer a ring but that is, IMO, strictly because of the show and NOT because he sees her as his future wife.

Now I know lots of great marriages and relationships start off as friendships, and kudos to them, but I think Travis and Sarah need to have a little more physical attraction evident before they actually get engaged. Of course, YMMV.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post

I think it is clear from this shot that Travis is planning to kill her. We can only see one hand, because the other is holding the butcher knife, not a rose. An unaware Moana is staring at his left ear, thinking about whether or not she's missing Desperate Housewives. The chandelier above has been photoshopped in--in fact the entire room has been, because they are actually on the deck of a sailboat, and he plans to push her corpse in the water afterwards. The candles in the foreground, however, are real, and the fact that they are slightly uneven on top proves that Travis had enough time to get to at least second base before we got to this point.
    Hey, Krom, I had to break into the Fleiss secret film file.. but I think I found the picture you're looking for......... what do you think?

And while we're at it, here's the missing scenes of Sarah in the limo...
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Love those, Cafegirl!

I think Travis is a bit of a dud for TV. And that is not a criticism, only that he does not share himself with the girls or the cameras. Whenever he is in a situation where he feels uncomfortable or on the spot, we see the mask come dowm. He has been the perfect bachelor for Fleiss, because he gives very little away. He is the "perfect gentleman." I think this is his public persona and the only one Fleiss has shown.

It is said that he "flies low" in the ER, competently going about his business, liked and enjoyed by everyone, but not, I bet, getting embroiled in those around him.

It has probably made it very difficult for the girls to gage what is going on with him also, because we see so few fleeting moments of the "real" Travis. Is he acting? Perhaps he is hiding. And perhaps it is his natural state to do so except to those break into that circle. Last night I think we saw him try to let Sarah and Moana into that circle. Susan never made it. I think he thought he wanted Jehan to make it, but couldn't quite make the connection (and I don't think it had anything to do with the divorce)

I think the personal and private Travis is more like Moana without the emotional intensity. He knows who he is and is comfortable with it. I think that is true of BOTH girls also. We saw that of Moana on the Fantasy date. Moana is also very comfortable with her emotional self, where we see that of neither Travis or Sarah. He said very distinctly that displays of passion and even kissing were very private things. I think the public Travis is perhaps more like the public Sarah -which is all we have seen. We have not seen the private Sarah except in the new kissing pics.

There is a private Sarah, as there is a private Travis, I just don't think we have seen them.

I don't think there is much to show between Sarah and Travis. She has to me been the leader in any passion seen. I think Moana is it. Travis has adored her since day one, I believe

I still find it odd that they replayed over and over the kissing scene with Sara to make it appear longer. If you watch, it is the same sweet but short kiss where they both kinda laugh at the end then it is looped and replayed like 3 or 4 times. Why was that necessary if there really is chemistry there?

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfvission View Post
    I still find it odd that they replayed over and over the kissing scene with Sara to make it appear longer. If you watch, it is the same sweet but short kiss where they both kinda laugh at the end then it is looped and replayed like 3 or 4 times. Why was that necessary if there really is chemistry there?
    ok.. in Sarah's kissing defense, I rewatched the scene several times, voyeur that I am (not) and there's at LEAST a second or follow kiss because if you listen closely, our sweet little Sarah is heard a soft little moan..So, if it's the replay of only one kiss, keep the moan in so we think she's really "getting it on"!! :nono .... just saying... a kiss is not always just one kiss!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by bfvission View Post
    That raises a very good point. To me, it would appear they were trying to make something there that really was not. Perhaps this is the answer, but I do not know for sure.

All I can say, is that i just see something different when Travis looks at Moana, then when he looks at Sarah. Remember Andrew with Jen. Many people thought he liked Kirsten more, and at times, it appered to me true. But, in the end the looks he gave Jen made sense. The way he stared at her at every rose ceremony, and called her name first most of the time on screen anyway. Well, I see the same thing with Travis and Moana. They want to show us enough to make the end make sense, but also give us enough so that it still keeps us guessing. I would be shocked if he chose Sarah over Moana because Moana is just the better fit. I think he knows it too!

In regards to the shocker or twist that people are referring to, this could mean many things. I think it would be a shock to most that he chose Moana. It is not that the passions was not there, but he chose the woman that many would say he should not and believed he would not. Moana would shock us because she is different that the others in this season and past seasons.

Also, I noticed that Chris Harrison appears to really like Moana too!