Thread: **Spoilers** **Speculation** Analysis of Bachelor 8 Part 3

  1. #3381
    FORT Fan grandedame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoil Me View Post
    Admirable of her for sure! However I still believe that Travis will pick Sarah and not because she is the supposed safe choice. He will choose her because she is the one he is falling in love with.

    And if I am wrong, I will wish Travis and Moana all the very best and I hope they found something that will truly make them happy. I see the attraction, I just don't see anything more than that. But none of us really know what truly developed between Travis & Sarah and Travis & Moana. We all see what we want to see.
    The thing I see with Moana is this emotional clinging to Travis. She says she can see him being her rock until she's 85 (paraphrase). Now maybe she hasn't completed the thought, but a relationship is healthy when both partners are there for the other. Sometimes my dh is the rock, and sometimes it's me. It's probably just the editing but they've just protrayed her as being so needy, and needing a lifeline.
    With regards to the cooking/questioning thing, my take on it is that Travis sees this supreme effort to cook and feed all the women, and instead of being enormously thankful they're badmouthing her. What's up with that? Mmmm, maybe there is something I'm missing. Replays like Andrew questioning Kristen on their final date where he's cooking for her. JMO

  2. #3382
    FORT Fan double_standard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    I see the thread is back to one-upping the odds by posting quotes. Well, here's one that jumped out at me and I've never seen it discussed.

    These are Travis's words to Moana while sitting on the couch in the fantasy suite in Venice --

    "I have never in my life cheated on a girlfriend. No girl I've ever been with, I think, has ever worried about me cheating on her. And, here I am with you, and I have two more exotic dates. And, the one thing that I promise you from the beginning, is I'm not going to lie, like I'm not going to promise anything that I can't promise."
    "From the beginning" sounds to me like from the beginning of their relationship. Travis seems to have decided (probably they both did) that their committed relationship began in Venice and he's willing to make promises to her starting then, from the beginning.

  3. #3383
    FORT Newbie Longtimefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    When Travis was talking to Moana about why the other girls all picked on her, I saw someone really concerned. I think he really was wary of someone that everyone else rejected. He should be concerned. Moana is a complicated person, she appears confident, mysterious and tough yet I think she is vulnerable, aloof, and at times, unsure. I think she wanted Travis from the start and was too afraid to admit it. Her toughness is a cover for some form of self preservation from being hurt. She is very emotional and I think has views that are on a very deep and introspective level. I think that at first, that can be attractive to some men, however it takes a special man to be able to reciprocate those kinds of feelings for an extended length of time.

  4. #3384
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Great post! Although I am hoping for a Sarah win, I actually do like both girls. I like that Moana is different and wry and has an offbeat sense of humor. What scares the living crap out of me about her though are things like: the sobbing without tears video (that was completely horrifying) and the whole "he completes me" crap. And the reason I call it crap is that I think Moana has gotten totally caught up in her own hype. An "attraction" takes place quickly - someone "completing" you takes depth and shared experience together. So I just don't buy Moana's completing stuff anymore than I bought Susan's being hit by lightning bolts when Travis walked in the room. I think Moana is pulling a Susan - she's just a whole lot better at doing it.
    That's been exactly my reaction to Moana.

  5. #3385
    FORT Newbie Longtimefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    What is the twist that the previews are promising? The ET, a rejection, a proposal, a wedding......?

  6. #3386
    FORT Newbie Longtimefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    I was looking at some other threads. The consensus seems to be that Travis will not propose, maybe he will and THAT is the twist. Ian did.

  7. #3387
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    My point was that the reason why he picks Sarah should be (ideally, from Sarah's perspective) positive things about Sarah and not negative things about Moana. That's winning by default. Of course, we all know that he really doesn't have the option to not pick either, as he must select one or the other.
    I understand your point. My point is that I was talking about why I felt that T would NOT pick Moana, NOT about Sarah's positives. This snipped of tape in the kitchen had been depicts as "goody goody, now Travis knows the full story and will support Moana against those bad girls". I disagree that this was T's response and asked my dh about his response. That is what I posted. Travis has been getting to know all these girls, as he's done so he's kept some and let others go. I don't understand how you could make this out to be a negative for Sarah.


    However you cut it, it comes down to Travis preferring Sarah. If this is so be happy for him. I just want to see the romance. Heck, I'm not involved with any of these people. lol

  8. #3388
    Barbarossa Romanticsucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pirate Cove
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    What is the twist that the previews are promising? The ET, a rejection, a proposal, a wedding......?
    I haven't seen enough bachelors to know whether this is standard operational procedure to drop into hype mode just because the FRC is coming, or whether or not something might happen.

    From the description you guys give of this Fleiss joker, its probably a miracle if he doesn't have the loser taken to the top of the Eiffel tower and pitch her off!--along with her mother.
    Another great moment in American televison history

  9. #3389
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by double_standard View Post
    I see the thread is back to one-upping the odds by posting quotes. Well, here's one that jumped out at me and I've never seen it discussed.

    These are Travis's words to Moana while sitting on the couch in the fantasy suite in Venice --


    "From the beginning" sounds to me like from the beginning of their relationship. Travis seems to have decided (probably they both did) that their committed relationship began in Venice and he's willing to make promises to her starting then, from the beginning.
    How did you make that leap? He never said that, in fact he reminded her of the two other women. he was explaining how bizarre the situation was for him to be dating so many women at once. There is no way that he committed to her then. I'd be totally surprised if that was the last of the three overnights--waaay too early to commit. Wasn't this the second date he had alone with her?

  10. #3390
    FORT passerby SkateMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    415
    Having Moana and Travis doing the "cooking together" scenes for the final night together gives me a little hope that it's similar to Meredith and Ian cooking pizzas, Ryan and Trista cooking together, etc.

    Am I the only one getting tired of Sarah's kindergarten chicken dance?
    chickendance.jpg. .okay, maybe I am.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.