Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar

So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

Let's play, "What if?"

What if Travis picks Moana and then dumps her . . . or she dumps him? Seem farfetched to you? Rumors have been floating around from the beginning of the show about a possible twist to this one.

On 1/19 I posted:

I think Sarah S. wins it--even if she doesn't get the final rose.

I'm guessing that Dr. T saw something in Sarah--before or after the final rose. Call me a hopeless romantic. *sigh*

1. Local sighting rumors . . . not always true, but hey, part of Nashville's charm is its "small town" feel, and this hearsay has a ring of truth to it (and besides--people always do things they know they shouldn't do--especially people falling in love).

2. She's edited in more of a neutral/positive way (yes, I know it's hard for Fleiss and his nasty little rat pack of producers to edit anyone in a positive way) but they do manage to control themselves when it comes to the winner.

3. She's flying low under the radar. Very few shots . . . no moments of one on one time . . . yet Travis keeps her every time. Why?

AND NOW . . . guess what? medicinegal just posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal View Post
    After a conversation I had last night while having dinner with a musician and his wife, I am convinced that Sarah wins. It has a "twist" to it according to this couple. Should I believe them? We compared hospital stories and LA stories. They had just returned from the Grammy's. Ironically, he was closely connected to the Ellen show last week. My dh looked at me driving home and asked me if I was convinced. He doubted that I believed his hospital stories! Anyway, I now believe they are together, but did she get the final rose? I not sure how this plays out for TV. I thought I would share this information.

The couple we had dinner with last night said they had inside "scoop". Of course we all want Sarah to win his heart. Having said that, they told us that the rumors of them being together were true, but he might have originally chosen someone else. I don't know if this is part of the "fooled the production crew and chose the other girl" or if the chosen one didn't work out and he is now seeing Sarah. As I said earlier, he and his wife spent last week in LA. Does he know more than the nurses at Vanderbilt? I don't know! I wish I did.
    I'll bet money there's something funny going on in Fleissland.

Soooooo . . . what do you think??
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    If we go with what Moana's family friend says about a twist, I think it's more that Moana wasn't selected for the final rose. You can tell there's been an attraction to Moana since night 1, and Travis has never questioned it - even after the hometown visit. She also said that they spent 3! days (Got there on Friday and left on Monday) in California where they were allowed to get together off-camera, and 15 hours at Moana's parents home the day of the meeting. That certainly leads me to believe he was most into Moana at that time and that most people thought that she was going to be the one getting the final rose. The edit keeps questioning things between Sarah and Travis, which would further set up the surprise of him choosing her.

Then you have the fact that he only says he's happy with his choice and he wants to get on with his relationship - he's not revealing anything about the ending at all with this. He's not saying he's in love, but he's not saying he was unhappy with any of it either. Maybe that's part of building up the ending and leaving it as a surprise?

Well I suppose the twist could account for some of the things that are confusing to many of us. For one, he doesnt say he is in love. He doesnt even say he is happily dating anyone. It's reminding me of Jen's *hex* season. But maybe he cant talk about it because he's not dating his "final rose" and the interviewers will start asking about that and he cant lie and say he's still with his final rose if he's not. I dont know. I just thought from all the other tidbits (mochelatte?) that he let the producers think he was going after one girl, yet at the end had a change of heart and picked the other. I dont think that constitutes a twist, but rather a (for once) truly conflicted bachelor. Which means he wasnt all that much into either of them. Or he was really into one but something forced him to give up on her (which would be Moana or Susan ). I assume he switched from Moana to Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    If we go with what Moana's family friend says about a twist, I think it's more that Moana wasn't selected for the final rose. You can tell there's been an attraction to Moana since night 1, and Travis has never questioned it - even after the hometown visit. She also said that they spent 3! days (Got there on Friday and left on Monday) in California where they were allowed to get together off-camera, and 15 hours at Moana's parents home the day of the meeting. That certainly leads me to believe he was most into Moana at that time and that most people thought that she was going to be the one getting the final rose. The edit keeps questioning things between Sarah and Travis, which would further set up the surprise of him choosing her.

Then you have the fact that he only says he's happy with his choice and he wants to get on with his relationship - he's not revealing anything about the ending at all with this. He's not saying he's in love, but he's not saying he was unhappy with any of it either. Maybe that's part of building up the ending and leaving it as a surprise?
    Three days hanging around Moana?

Not good.

ITA that the most obvious chemistry shown so far is between the two of them . . . so why is she getting the bad girl edit?

medicinegal's post is verrrry interesting.

My thought always has been that there is some kind of switcheroo going on, and that he's with Sarah, but that he didn't pick her at the FRC. He rejects her in a previously agreed upon arrangement between the two, then starts to date her later when he's not under contractual obligations since she wasn't the one he picked.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter View Post
    Three days hanging around Moana?

Not good.

ITA that the most obvious chemistry shown so far is between the two of them . . . so why is she getting the bad girl edit?

medicinegal's post is verrrry interesting.
    I don't know that they were "allowed" to see each other the whole time of that three days or that they spent much time together off-camera. But they were evidently there for that amount of time.

Maybe they flew in really late Friday, adjusted to the time difference on Saturday, met her family on Sunday and left on Monday? I can see needing a day to adjust to a nine hour time shift.

But I do agree that Medicinegal's post is very interesting!! I don't have the patience to wait two more weeks for the final rose! I want the answers now .

Three days? Do they usually spend so much time together? It cant be. If he spent 3 days with each - that's 12 days for the hometowns? Or did he only spend that much time with Moana? I dont think this can be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    Well I suppose the twist could account for some of the things that are confusing to many of us. For one, he doesnt say he is in love. He doesnt even say he is happily dating anyone. It's reminding me of Jen's *hex* season. But maybe he cant talk about it because he's not dating his "final rose" and the interviewers will start asking about that and he cant lie and say he's still with his final rose if he's not. I dont know. I just thought from all the other tidbits (mochelatte?) that he let the producers think he was going after one girl, yet at the end had a change of heart and picked the other. I dont think that constitutes a twist, but rather a (for once) truly conflicted bachelor. Which means he wasnt all that much into either of them. Or he was really into one but something forced him to give up on her (which would be Moana or Susan ). I assume he switched from Moana to Sarah.
    Well said, pajamasam.

If the Final Rose didn't work out, and Sarah did, wouldn't that be a real mess for Fleiss?

I love it!

FORT Newbie
    Fleiss is gonna be extremely upset with the outcome if it doesn't come out as he would like( Moana winning and staying together) For him Sarah and Susas are too down-home girl next door type while Moana gets crazy in LA. Sarah S. will come out on top in the end however.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralFeeder View Post
    My thought always has been that there is some kind of switcheroo going on, and that he's with Sarah, but that he didn't pick her at the FRC. He rejects her in a previously agreed upon arrangement between the two, then starts to date her later when he's not under contractual obligations since she wasn't the one he picked.
    And think about it from an editing perspective: if you don't have a true winner--how the heck do you edit this show?

Maybe . . . exactly the way they're editing it now.

Blah . . . no fire . . . no clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Utstud View Post
    Fleiss is gonna be extremely upset with the outcome if it doesn't come out as he would like . . .
    Why does that make me so happy?
    Last edited by Truewriter; 02-12-2006 at 03:51 PM.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast