Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Too funny, MsFroggy!!! That's about how all this is sounding to me. I agree with your earlier post also

How degrading to any of the women.

Honestly, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but the problem I have is that we are basing all these theories on primarily one "unknown" poster at ABC who's an alleged friend of Moana's family. I agree she's sounded legit, but a lot has also sounded extremely over the top, like ABC allowing Moana to view the segments she's in before they air? What kind of clout or ammunition would she hold over the production crew to achieve what no one in the past has done before?
    No offense to MedicineGirl on her info from their friends about a "twist" but again, where is this coming from and with only 2 weeks, give a day, from the finale, why are we not being disclosed this knowledge from TPTB? By this time we had already heard about Jen's 'live decision" and Charlie dating both girls, but nothing in the media, net, commercials or producers has been leaked. Just an unknown friend and a couple whom we don't know their connection to the show, do we, medicinegirl? Again, I"m not trying to be the pessimist, but I'm a person of logic and I'm not finding it!

I have to agree with you Cafegirl.

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Fleiss would do a re-shoot
    They did for Jen and would do it again, as all the parties are under a one year contractual obligation if ABC decides to enact it.
    So jelle . . . how would a reshoot work? Would they throw out the winner footage and insert footage of the runner-up?
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

They supposedly reshot the FRC for Jen's series. Had everyone come back and do it again, I guess. I think the FRC with Jerry was redone.
    Some of you FORTers who know about that stuff and axed that season ... comment?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    She was never assertive enough to be memorable was she, RandalR?
    I don't think she said two words in the first airing of Episode 1. Not his type, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    I don't know Randal, I cannot see Sarah taking him back if he breaks her heart. Just don't see it. But then again I see her getting the final rose so maybe that is the reason why I cannot see it.
    I can't see it either, BlondieGal . . . but love does strange things to people. I think Sarah's the best match but something doesn't feel right--I hope it's just the whole Moana/surprise thing (everyone thinking he'd pick her and he picks Sarah instead). Works for me!

Well, at least Chris H was honest in his red carpet interview after Epi 3 when everyone was complaining about a boring show - "It only gets better." I think Fleiss might have bought a few good writers this time.

So - how do they write themselves around the following problems that have been set up: Moana's family, Sarah's friendship, and Susan's integrity?

The what ifs depend on Travis' reaction to each of these. Does Moana apologize (ala Ryan) and lower herself in his eyes? Does dinner on a bed relax Sarah's spine? Does Susan regain footing with her explanations?

What if integrity aside, he goes with chemistry and takes Moana and Susan to F2? Susan has been the acknowledged (even by Travis) frontrunner so if, in the end, he chooses Moana that will be a twist extraordinaire.

What if Susan can't regain her footing, and he takes Moana and Sarah to F2? The family meeting and the final dates will be the deciding factor. He admires Sarah and all she is, but he touches Moana's soul and she trusts him. The family is no help (as in past shows) because both girls are so different, and they tell Travis to follow his heart. We need pictures of those dates to see who gets the heartfelt, but regretful hug Jehan received. So either girl he chooses is a twist of sorts, as we've posted all along; either exciting, adventurous Moana or safe and steady Sarah.

What if...I bet the writers are having fun with this one - the spin...the spin...

Devil's advocate: I agree that turning back time & reuniting with someone previously sent/or about to be sent home would appear tasteless...unless he let it be know that he wanted the spotlight off her and she should keep watch on the horizon.

Likelihood: near zilch, but a romantic notion.

It actually fits nicely into the old romance film era (or the return to old fashioned romance we were promised) where a temptress or a deceiver drives a wedge between the hero and heroine, the seeds of doubt cultivate a tangle, they cling but yet they part and all seems lost, BUT THEN...well, you remember the story.

Sweeping soundtrack while he swings her off her feet - in slow motion - and then the lights of Paris fadeout as credits roll. I hear copter blades. (Choppy edit?)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Well, at least Chris H was honest in his red carpet interview after Epi 3 when everyone was complaining about a boring show - "It only gets better." I think Fleiss might have bought a few good writers this time.

So - how do they write themselves around the following problems that have been set up: Moana's family, Sarah's friendship, and Susan's integrity?

The what ifs depend on Travis' reaction to each of these. Does Moana apologize (ala Ryan) and lower herself in his eyes? Does dinner on a bed relax Sarah's spine? Does Susan regain footing with her explanations?

What if integrity aside, he goes with chemistry and takes Moana and Susan to F2? Susan has been the acknowledged (even by Travis) frontrunner so if, in the end, he chooses Moana that will be a twist extraordinaire.

What if Susan can't regain her footing, and he takes Moana and Sarah to F2? The family meeting and the final dates will be the deciding factor. He admires Sarah and all she is, but he touches Moana's soul and she trusts him. The family is no help (as in past shows) because both girls are so different, and they tell Travis to follow his heart. We need pictures of those dates to see who gets the heartfelt, but regretful hug Jehan received. So either girl he chooses is a twist of sorts, as we've posted all along; either exciting, adventurous Moana or safe and steady Sarah.

What if...I bet the writers are having fun with this one - the spin...the spin...
    I just can't FATHOM Susan in the final 2--I'll need to grab my Maalox from the frig for that one. If she was struck by lightning over a birthday cake, what would happen with a diamond in the picture??

Fortunately, I believe (I really really want to believe) the hearsay from Vernita Stone's co-worker, and then from a close neighbor (two doors down) that the Stones went to Paris in November. This would make Sarah and Moana the final 2 (if Mochelatte is right).
    Last edited by Truewriter; 02-12-2006 at 10:27 PM.

[QUOTE=vicyn8;1775785]Devil's advocate: I agree that turning back time & reuniting with someone previously sent/or about to be sent home would appear tasteless...unless he let it be know that he wanted the spotlight off her and she should keep watch on the horizon.

Likelihood: near zilch, but a romantic notion.

Don't get mad here folks but I am having some fun..

Take SB when she says things are moving too fast for her & everything that is going on in the house is affecting her relationship with Travis. Something else while grasping at straws it was SB that told Travis he was in charge of his own destiny. HMMMMM
    Anything for some different thoughts here.

Upthread there was discusion regarding the length of the home visits and that soemone has said that Moana's visit was actually 3 days. I just wanted to add that I have it on good authority that in the Meredith and Ian season that Mer definitleuy spent 2 days in New York with Ian. So it may very well be that those home visits are a little longer than what they show.

I'm betting that the twist will be that Travis does NOT propose.