Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 280

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

  1. #21
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    69
    I know I'm not supposed to post 2 in a row, but I wanted to add this to the "twist" speculation. A couple of weeks ago, Moana had the following poem on her blog:

    "Nothing Gold Can Stay" - Robert Frost
    Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leafs a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.


    I remember it because it's one of my favorites. Anyway, I went back the next day and it was gone. I have no idea why she would post it and then take it down or if it has anything to do with this show, but given this new theory, could it mean her relationship is over? hmmmmmm!

  2. #22
    The Mad Artist RandalR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA/Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadgal View Post
    I know I'm not supposed to post 2 in a row, but I wanted to add this to the "twist" speculation. A couple of weeks ago, Moana had the following poem on her blog:

    "Nothing Gold Can Stay" - Robert Frost
    Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leafs a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.


    I remember it because it's one of my favorites. Anyway, I went back the next day and it was gone. I have no idea why she would post it and then take it down or if it has anything to do with this show, but given this new theory, could it mean her relationship is over? hmmmmmm!
    I suspect a critical analysis of Moana's tastes in poetry would not only fail to shed any light on her fate on "The Bachelor", but would in fact drive three-quarters of the posters at FORT into emotional instability themselves.

  3. #23
    just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    North of paradise
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadgal View Post
    In one of Mochelatte's posts, she says "I hope that the real-life ending is as satisfying as the tv ending", which made me think that Moana may be chosen and that they are still together.

    Also, this could be why we haven't heard about an ATFR. They don't want it to look like another Jen or they could be trying to figure out how to spin it. Thanks, Truewriter! You've made me happy about this again. I was losing hope that it would be Sarah!!
    You're welcome!

    Mochelatte seems to imply quite a few interesting things that may put Moana on the hot seat with ABC. She sounds like a nice person, but for someone outside the family, she seems to know alot of behind-the-scenes info and innocently (I believe) says pretty much anything that pops into her head. Example: There's a story behind the story. (implication, it's ongoing.)

    Well, if Moana's family friend is posting about another, ongoing story . . . who is the one telling them all about it?

    (Shhhhhh . . . be quiet Moana; stop posting Mochelatte)


    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadgal View Post
    I know I'm not supposed to post 2 in a row, but I wanted to add this to the "twist" speculation. A couple of weeks ago, Moana had the following poem on her blog:

    "Nothing Gold Can Stay" - Robert Frost
    Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leafs a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.


    I remember it because it's one of my favorites. Anyway, I went back the next day and it was gone. I have no idea why she would post it and then take it down or if it has anything to do with this show, but given this new theory, could it mean her relationship is over? hmmmmmm!
    Beautiful poem, could be someting to it . . . Moana seems to use poetry (good and bad) to express her feelings so it's not much of a stretch to think it may describe her circumstances. Speculation . . . but could be true.

    (And I know what you mean about the double posts--I feel like I'm always talkin' to myself!)


    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    I suspect a critical analysis of Moana's tastes in poetry would not only fail to shed any light on her fate on "The Bachelor", but would in fact drive three-quarters of the posters at FORT into emotional instability themselves.
    Hah--true most of the time but not when it comes to Robert Frost!
    Last edited by Truewriter; 02-12-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

  4. #24
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1

    just an idea

    Hey guys i'm new to this its my first post but i was watching the video that shows the helicopter at the end and travis saying that he hopes that the girl he sends home is alright but unfortunately he doesn't have the luxury of knowing if she is. (I think this video was called FRC) i'm not sure where it is posted. If it was Sarah that was sent home couldn't he just ask her at a later date if she is ok since they are from the same hometown?

  5. #25
    FORT Fanatic vicyn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    448
    A twist unpredicted by Fleiss - how lovely and rewarding to presume a jester entered his court and was under estimated. Havoc in Fleissdom

    I do like your theory and it does bring some logic to what has otherwise become innane. I've found that as the epis progress, the plot is looking more like a parody. The lengths that are being stretched to cariciture the stereotypes of the b-ettes are bordering on sad.

    I buy the twist theory. I've no idea what that twist is but don't discount the idea that he revisits someone after the FRC and that, thinking outside the box, that someone could be outside of the final 2.
    Now that would fit the "went all the way to Paris" irony and load the payback gun with barbs.

    As to poetry interpretation: did Sarah S wear one of her gold dresses near the time the poem was posted?

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey Greeneyespy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Age
    47
    Posts
    980
    Is it possible he didn't CHOOSE YET and is pulling a Charlie and dating them both....

  7. #27
    Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,463
    Was just reading through Moche's posts again and this is what she says about the "twist":

    Interestingly enough, the producers had thought after the casting that certain matches would be "perfect" but ultimately Travis mades his own decisions. Up until the very last day of shooting in Paris, everything thought he was going to pick a particular lady, but in the end, didn't. Who would have thought? For many behind the scenes reasons, he made a last minute decision that left everyone with their mouths hanging open. Only time will tell if he made the "right" decision.

  8. #28
    FORT Fanatic wooh_okk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    Is it possible he didn't CHOOSE YET and is pulling a Charlie and dating them both....
    I think ur right...There havent been many pictures on the FRC and the rumors of him being seen with Moana and Sarah.

  9. #29
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    A twist unpredicted by Fleiss - how lovely and rewarding to presume a jester entered his court and was under estimated. Havoc in Fleissdom

    I do like your theory and it does bring some logic to what has otherwise become innane. I've found that as the epis progress, the plot is looking more like a parody. The lengths that are being stretched to cariciture the stereotypes of the b-ettes are bordering on sad.

    I buy the twist theory. I've no idea what that twist is but don't discount the idea that he revisits someone after the FRC and that, thinking outside the box, that someone could be outside of the final 2.
    Now that would fit the "went all the way to Paris" irony and load the payback gun with barbs.

    As to poetry interpretation: did Sarah S wear one of her gold dresses near the time the poem was posted?


    I think I saw it about 2 weeks ago, so that may have been around the time she wore the gold dress on the yacht. I think I know where you are going with this and it is interesting theory, but I don't know why Moana would have posted it one day and removed it the next. You have to go way out there (as we tend to do here, and in Moana's case, we are probably justified in doing so) to see that she may be talking about Sarah. Plus, there are things still on her blog that are much more obvious than that. The poem "The Invitation" could easily be directed towards Travis as well as the song lyrics that she posts.
    I think that she does gets picked from many different things I've seen. For one, she posts in December to a friend "Well I sure as hell loved their country and it seemed to love me...". Given that she also didn't get along with the girls, I don't think she would have loved France if she got dumped, especially as emotionally invested as she appears to be in Travis. However, Travis has been very vague in his interviews lately (from what I've seen) so maybe there are some problems there. Who knows? I'm loving this twist theory though!!

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey Greeneyespy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Age
    47
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by wooh_okk View Post
    I think ur right...There havent been many pictures on the FRC and the rumors of him being seen with Moana and Sarah.

    Thing is.....last week on the ABC board..now we all KNOW how reliable that is...but it was said he was seen having lunch with Susan.....I am really wondering now...if he does cut Sarah this week and Susan and Moana are the final two but he realizes he made a mistake and then goes to Sarah after it is over with....could this be the big twist and why we haven't seen anything of the FRC yet....usually we have something by now...and this is the first time I can remember them putting a lid so tight on what is happening

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.