Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    I beg to differ. Ryan (Jen) and Lanny (Meredith) are perfect examples.
    Yeah, Jen definitely got rid of Ryan after his family kept yapping endlessly about Thailand and Meredith might have kept Lanny (and dumped Matt) if she had never met his harpy of a mother. But ultimately they each still would have picked Jerry and Ian respectively and probably regardless of how the visits with her family went. Jen because she had to pick someone and might as well stick with the hot guy and Mer because she was so in love with Ian.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    I fell in love with my husband despite his family. Had I been able to make a calculated decision I would have walked away. Love is not like that. I was not marrying his family.

If he fell in love with Moana it would not enter the picture. The stories of intolerable families abound and yet the children of these messes find love and work around it. Travis' family has their share of nuttiness, I am sure.

I was not impressed with Sara's family either for very different reasons. She said she wanted to move back to Nashville when she started a family. Does Travis want this onus? What about settling in Colorado and gathering a circle of close friends and have family visits. Do that many people live near their families? They have airplanes now.

And shame on both Susan and Moana's family for making the visit uncomfortable. How did that serve them or their daughter? Why not be cordial to your visitor and let the chips fall where they may. Parents cannot pick their childrens mates.
    Excellent post.

Originally Posted by Brightcryptic
    He probably has a much better idea of what all went on than we could ever try to have because we get such a skewed distortion of reality when it comes to what happened and the dynamics in the house and with the various women and Travis.

This posted by Girlsmom:
    Brightcryptic: I would trust that no matter whom Travis chooses that he chose who is right for him and knows the REAL people. I just want to SEE the complete person that he chooses. I would hope that whomever and he chose and he are very happy together.

Was it you or SnapIt, or someone else who brought up the PRODUCER's viewpoint. That really resonates with me. I can envision a stratigical planning meeting trying to mold the concept of the STORY together and plan the pr slant. The MOST important thing to them would be the element of SURPRISE. They've built this up so that in my mind the BIGGEST surprise would be for Travis to pick Sarah in a truly romantic committed way. They're trying to find the way to get the most viewers to watch. The viewers don't watch for the romance, well excluding myself and others here, they watch for the SURPRISE. In the ad campaign, etc. they've been underplaying the ROMANCE. I just can't get over that. THey constantly promote the failed romances as romances, why change that tactic?? Have more people been turned off of this series because of this tact or are more people WATCHING? No matter who you think he should/does choose wouldn't the most surprising thing be that the couple is ROCK solid in love at this point?
    The Moana supporters swear that Sarah would have bored him to tears by now
    The Sarah crowd feels that IF he'd chosen Moana that she would have probably had a melt down by now.
    Are tptb taking a risk here in order to make the maximum impact with the result?
    o.k. wrong thread, but really, think about it. For the future of the franchise tptb MUST establish some real credibility. I'm a big believer in the power of setting expectations. The lower the expectation is set the BIGGER the positive IMPACT

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    I can envision a stratigical planning meeting trying to mold the concept of the STORY together and plan the pr slant. The MOST important thing to them would be the element of SURPRISE.
    You know, I just don't think so. ... People want surprise more than they want a happy ending? More than they want their favorite with whom they see love blooming to win?

Why were all the people who expected Matthew to win so annoyed when Meredith picked Ian then? They were surprised -- but they wren't happy. And why were all the Ian fans so happy when Meredith picked Ian, even though Ian fans totally expected this for the most part and weren't a bit surprised? They didn't get what is supposedly the biggest draw of all -- surprise -- but they were thrilled.

Plus, it seems to me that in previous seasons they've built up ROMANCE as their teaser much *more* for the endings where you really could see a big fat romance. It's really really really hard for me to imagine that they're playing it down this time *because* this is the biggest romance of all. ... That's kind of like having the teaser ads for a boxing match announce that you should tune in for a pacifists' rally, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    You know, I just don't think so. ... People want surprise more than they want a happy ending? More than they want their favorite with whom they see love blooming to win?

Why were all the people who expected Matthew to win so annoyed when Meredith picked Ian then? They were surprised -- but they wren't happy. And why were all the Ian fans so happy when Meredith picked Ian, even though Ian fans totally expected this for the most part and weren't a bit surprised? They didn't get what is supposedly the biggest draw of all -- surprise -- but they were thrilled.

Plus, it seems to me that in previous seasons they've built up ROMANCE as their teaser much *more* for the endings where you really could see a big fat romance. It's really really really hard for me to imagine that they're playing it down this time *because* this is the biggest romance of all. ... That's kind of like having the teaser ads for a boxing match announce that you should tune in for a pacifists' rally, isn't it?
    Many people want BOTH. I'm always wanting to know the ending before it happens though. lol People have been pointing to that the ads have dropped "will he propose. . . " Why have so many people been speculating about the lack of the commitment? I just think that the whole Travis tour and campaign has not been so strong on expecting true love. The leaks have also been plugged up. This big Romantic ending is recent, for F2.
    I can't wait until Monday. Am I the only one??

FORT Regular

crooked tie theory # 3109!!

Monday is almost here, thank goodness

But, here's a thought about the crooked tie ... and if someone already posted this I apologize, but I don't remember reading...

Okay.... what if ...... the crooked tie is meant as a SIGNAL to the girl that is NOT chosen?

Maybe this is Travis's way of letting the girl not chosen (Moana from the pics posted) bow out or reject him before he rejects her on national TV ???

This could explain the pics of Sarah as she is coming into the FRC room ... if you've noticed, she looks like she's peeking around the corner and then her face lights up!! Yes, she sees Travis, but maybe she sees his STRAIGHTened Tie and she knows she's the 'winner" ...???

anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think that the Doc is just so mannerly and concerned about these girls that he will find a way to let the one not chosen dump him. If not via the crooked tie then some other way. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by decemberose View Post
    Monday is almost here, thank goodness

But, here's a thought about the crooked tie ... and if someone already posted this I apologize, but I don't remember reading...

Okay.... what if ...... the crooked tie is meant as a SIGNAL to the girl that is NOT chosen?

Maybe this is Travis's way of letting the girl not chosen (Moana from the pics posted) bow out or reject him before he rejects her on national TV ???

This could explain the pics of Sarah as she is coming into the FRC room ... if you've noticed, she looks like she's peeking around the corner and then her face lights up!! Yes, she sees Travis, but maybe she sees his STRAIGHTened Tie and she knows she's the 'winner" ...???

anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think that the Doc is just so mannerly and concerned about these girls that he will find a way to let the one not chosen dump him. If not via the crooked tie then some other way. JMHO
    Well, Sarah might go for that but if he presented that little idea to Moana she might have scratched his eyes out and would have left before the FRC. Why stay around and wait for some stupid signal? He could have just as easily told her in private "hey, don't worry!" but instead chooses to tell her "I'll let you know with my tie!!!". I think Moana is the kind of girl who won't take crap like that from a guy and if she is doing this, she's doing it fully, to the end, whatever that end is.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Well, Sarah might go for that but if he presented that little idea to Moana she might have scratched his eyes out and would have left before the FRC. Why stay around and wait for some stupid signal? He could have just as easily told her in private "hey, don't worry!" but instead chooses to tell her "I'll let you know with my tie!!!". I think Moana is the kind of girl who won't take crap like that from a guy and if she is doing this, she's doing it fully, to the end, whatever that end is.
    You are right about that, as she said when she met Travis at the first greet THIS IS GOING TO BE A HELL OF A RIDE. That says to me she will take no bull.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    Many people want BOTH. I'm always wanting to know the ending before it happens though. lol People have been pointing to that the ads have dropped "will he propose. . . " Why have so many people been speculating about the lack of the commitment? I just think that the whole Travis tour and campaign has not been so strong on expecting true love. The leaks have also been plugged up. This big Romantic ending is recent, for F2.
    I can't wait until Monday. Am I the only one??
    Well, now that the love boat is free of leaks, I guess we're in for a romantic sail. Fleiss must have his expects working overtime to fullfill his promise of an amazing love story.

Two more days to figure out the ending
    Who we are is not defined by what we own or how we earn our living. Who we are is evidenced in our quiet passions ... and the signature we trace on those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Absolutely. I'm sure that's what she did.

And there is only one tie. Who cares if it's off centre
    Who we are is not defined by what we own or how we earn our living. Who we are is evidenced in our quiet passions ... and the signature we trace on those we love.