Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    I have been wondering like many of you why they continue to give Moana the bad girl "vixen" edit when they really don't have much to work with to edit her in this context. A theory popped into my mind. I read somewhere that it's in a Travis' contract that they have to show him in a "positive" light. I do not know whether or not this is true, but if it is and he picks Sarah, it's possible that the editors are bending over backwards to paint Moana in a bad light. Maybe reflecting on all the material they have, they see Moana as the obvious and best choice, but because Travis picks Sarah, they've got to work hard to get all the possible negative film together of Moana because if they didn't, and instead showed a the complete and natural view of Travis' and Moana's deep connection (pardon me), people would say WTF?? Why didn't he pick Moana? What a bad love story. And they would loose respect for the "Bachelor" series and for Travis. Even Sara B. said in her hometown newspaper interview that without a doubt Travis and Moana had the best connection. She was more worried about Moana than Susan. Sara B had to see a lot more than what we saw because we've only seen very small bits and pieces and she was freaking out about his connection with Moana. Maybe after all the footage the crew got of Moana and Travis, they were shocked that Travis wussed out and picked Sarah, IMO. It would seem in the best interest of the show for them to edit Moana negatively, so that both Travis and the show still look good. And maybe that is also why they are playing up his attraction to Susan, because they can't show all the firery attraction he has to Moana; they can only show just enough to show why she makes it into the final 2.
    I'm going to have to agree with you. I think this is very possibly what happened. I do like Sarah S so I would hate for her to be chosen for this reason but I wouldn't doubt that this is what has happened. It would explain a lot of things that we've been hearing, especially the rumors from Moana's family friend and also some things we've seen on her MySpace. It might also explain how and why she is so close to the producers (if that is true). They may have gotten to really like her during the show and also figured that she was definitely going to be the "winner" and then Travis goes and surprises them by not picking her. That could have ticked them off and brought them even closer to Moana. TPTB could be really mad because they do NOT want to have another Jen season on their hands.
    Last edited by n2shabbychic; 02-13-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    There would be no precedent for him to be doing that and it would be pretty fool hardy, considering the consequences. Also, Susan is supposedly in California, not NC.
    Thats the key word Supposedly in California, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Exactly. They show us only what they want us to see to make some of these women look 'good', some 'bad'. This is how they control the show - and the ratings.
    And so far I believe Susan has gotten the best edit. I think they are just blowing smoke on the commericals.So the average person will be surprised that he picks Susan!

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    And so far I believe Susan has gotten the best edit. I think they are just blowing smoke on the commericals.So the average person will be surprised that he picks Susan!
    Susan had a good edit up until last week. I thought they made her look terrible all through their date in Durham - incredibly phony and insincere. It was like the producers had suddenly adopted her mom's point of view, and wanted to show America why she had said such things about her daughter.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Travis may have been interviewed via satellite and not in the NC studio.

I think Moana gets chosen for some reason. It is just a thought of mine, but I have no clue. I do like Moana best of the remaining three.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Susan had a good edit up until last week. I thought they made her look terrible all through their date in Durham - incredibly phony and insincere. It was like the producers had suddenly adopted her mom's point of view, and wanted to show America why she had said such things about her daughter.
    It has entered my mind that Susan may acquit herself well when he questions her in the upcoming episode. I doubt it, but there is that possibility.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    What's really interesting to me is that when I read the Episode Guide, it didn't sound quite as bad as what we saw during the show. I wonder - hmmmm...

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    jasbeckBut here's part of the song Moana quoted in her blog on her myspace on Nov. 23 - immediately after returning:

Sometimes a man gets carried away, when he feels like he should be having his fun
    And much too blind to see the damage he's done
    Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no-one

So i'll wait for you... and i'll burn
    Will I ever see your sweet return
    Oh will I ever learn.
    Pretty depressing. And the date is Nov. 23. I'd forgotten about this one. Why would she be trying to hide anything then--who would be looking? Very interesting, Pajamasam. It doesn't sound like she won.
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by n2shabbychic View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with you. I think this is very possibly what happened. I do like Sarah S so I would hate for her to be chosen for this reason but I wouldn't doubt that this is what has happened. It would explain a lot of things that we've been hearing, especially the rumors from Moana's family friend and also some things we've seen on her MySpace. It might also explain how and why she is so close to the producers (if that is true). They may have gotten to really like her during the show and also figured that she was definitely going to be the "winner" and then Travis goes and surprises them by not picking her. That could have ticked them off and brought them even closer to Moana. TPTB could be really mad because they do NOT want to have another Jen season on their hands.
    It would show Travis in a very harsh light if he picks Sarah, yet seems to have such a strong connection with Moana. If they are trying to show some connection with Sarah and Travis, they haven't been very successful, at least from what I have seen. Even trying to show Moana in a bad light hasn't been too successful either. They have managed to have her seem emotional and irreverent, but instead of making her a bad girl, they have just made her attackers look vicious and Moana a victim of their jealousy.

Regardless of the editing to show why he picked Sarah, he looks more like a Jesse than a Jen because at least Jen obviously preferred Jerry over everyone else, even if she didn't want him either. Actually, the closest comparison I can make is to the Outback Jack series where he had a very strong romantic connection with one girl and merely a friendship with the other, yet chose the friend (who he eventually married). All of us who watched it went WTF. This may have a similar result, except I doubt that this relationship will end in anything long term. She will be just the least objectionable choice. Too Bad!