Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: So . . . what do you think about a TWIST? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by addsomesanity View Post
    Moana is the only one of the final 3 to NOT have a specific 1-1 date. SS and Susan both had 1-1 dates. SS - Montmarte and Susan in the mini car to Paris.
    My point was that Moana winning without having the 1 on 1 date would be the "twist," since there's never been a winner that didn't have the 1 on 1 date.
    Last edited by 2observe; 02-13-2006 at 12:34 AM.

I have been wondering like many of you why they continue to give Moana the bad girl "vixen" edit when they really don't have much to work with to edit her in this context. A theory popped into my mind. I read somewhere that it's in a Travis' contract that they have to show him in a "positive" light. I do not know whether or not this is true, but if it is and he picks Sarah, it's possible that the editors are bending over backwards to paint Moana in a bad light. Maybe reflecting on all the material they have, they see Moana as the obvious and best choice, but because Travis picks Sarah, they've got to work hard to get all the possible negative film together of Moana because if they didn't, and instead showed a the complete and natural view of Travis' and Moana's deep connection (pardon me), people would say WTF?? Why didn't he pick Moana? What a bad love story. And they would loose respect for the "Bachelor" series and for Travis. Even Sara B. said in her hometown newspaper interview that without a doubt Travis and Moana had the best connection. She was more worried about Moana than Susan. Sara B had to see a lot more than what we saw because we've only seen very small bits and pieces and she was freaking out about his connection with Moana. Maybe after all the footage the crew got of Moana and Travis, they were shocked that Travis wussed out and picked Sarah, IMO. It would seem in the best interest of the show for them to edit Moana negatively, so that both Travis and the show still look good. And maybe that is also why they are playing up his attraction to Susan, because they can't show all the firery attraction he has to Moana; they can only show just enough to show why she makes it into the final 2.

Moana also had an interesting post up on her My Spaces site, a poem which mentioned something about being strong and going with your heart, but not wanting to let the other person down, or something to that effect, I can't remember exactly. So far, everything I see points to him pointing to Sarah because he wussed out on his feelings and now ABC has clean up his mess, by contradicting the story, with creative editing.

P.S. I don't think he is dating two at a time after the show. As far as romance, he is the most uncomfortable Bachelor I have ever seen. I think it has something to do with the fact that he thinks of himself as a morally, conservative person and that he felt somewhat awkward about dating more than one woman at once. To me he seems like the type of person who thinks that it is somewhat morally wrong. Of course after the show, who knows . . . his head might swell so big with all the extra attention, his view on that might change. Can't Wait for Tomorrow Night!!!

Miadora
    I agree I think they have had the most deep conversations of all the girls. And he truely couldn't wait to see her in CA. He picked her up hugging her when they met. He truely wanted to be there with her.
    I am tired of them making the last girls looking so bad. They don't need to show that or create that by editing. Just because the bachelor didn't choose them doesn't mean that they were "BAD" people.

jasbecklistened to Travis being interviewed on a NC station this AM.
    I did get the feeling that TPTB have told him to not say anything about if he's in love or not. JMHO I don't know, that part is too scripted for me.
    This raises an interesting point for this thread. Did Travis receive different instructions from the producers on what he could say (re: being in love now, or falling for someone during the taping of the show,) than other bachelors have received in past series? Does this relate to the alleged twist? Ideas? Or are we all just a little paranoid?

And here is my take on the "twist".

I just cant think of any twist that would lead to him still be dating one of the women. I believe that he was heavily leaning towards Moana. Maybe even gave her a hint - a real hint that she was the one.(Of course Meredith did that with Matt but it was fake and forced by the producers). And then he did a flip flop. So he fooled "everyone" - Moana, the producers, her step mom, etc. I just cant imagine that he chose Moana and then a week later started dating Sara. But here's part of the song she quoted in her blog on her myspace on NOv. 23 - immediately after returning:
    Quote:
    Sometimes a man gets carried away, when he feels like he should be having his fun
    And much too blind to see the damage he's done
    Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no-one

So i'll wait for you... and i'll burn
    Will I ever see your sweet return
    Oh will I ever learn
    I think he really broke her heart - damaged her. And she wonders if she "will ever learn". I cant see how he picked Moana. I cant see a "twist." Paj.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-13-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    jasbecklistened to Travis being interviewed on a NC station this AM. This raises an interesting point for this thread. Did Travis receive different instructions from the producers on what he could say (re: being in love now, or falling for someone during the taping of the show,) than other bachelors have received in past series? Does this relate to the alleged twist? Ideas? Or are we all just a little paranoid?
    I think that tptb are taping into Travis' natural demeanor to give us enough doubt as to the outcome that we'll have to stay tuned. He says just enough to make the choice of any of the three possible. I don't see Travis as a naturally effusive type of person, most docs aren't. So the handlers are working with what they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    jasbecklistened to Travis being interviewed on a NC station this AM. This raises an interesting point for this thread. Did Travis receive different instructions from the producers on what he could say (re: being in love now, or falling for someone during the taping of the show,) than other bachelors have received in past series? Does this relate to the alleged twist? Ideas? Or are we all just a little paranoid?

And here is my take on the "twist".
    also I think the producers think he'll pick Moana and than picks susan... I find it interesting that he is in NC today!!!UMMMMM is he watching the show with Susan tonight?

Until he's home again.. jasbeck93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    Miadora
    I agree I think they have had the most deep conversations of all the girls. And he truely couldn't wait to see her in CA. He picked her up hugging her when they met. He truely wanted to be there with her.
    I am tired of them making the last girls looking so bad. They don't need to show that or create that by editing. Just because the bachelor didn't choose them doesn't mean that they were "BAD" people.
    I agree with you HotMomma. It is so very easy to sit back and judge what we see. We have to remember that these women are real and have a lot more to offer than is being shown on this very edited show. I like Sarah, think she is great, but I feel like she could really have a ugly side to her as well. We can't put anyone on a silver platter on this show, we are seeing what ABC wants us to see.
    You must be the change you wish the world to see.

also I think the producers think he'll pick Moana and than picks susan... I find it interesting that he is in NC today!!!UMMMMM is he watching the show with Susan tonight?

There would be no precedent for him to be doing that and it would be pretty fool hardy, considering the consequences. Also, Susan is supposedly in California, not NC.

I think there is such an expectation among American audiences that the Good Princess wins the Hero, thwarting the Evil Queen, that they have to make those characters come to life whether they have anything to do with the real people on the show or not.

And sometimes the Good Princess turns out to be the Evil Queen in disguise, anyway. Look at Jen.

Exactly. They show us only what they want us to see to make some of these women look 'good', some 'bad'. This is how they control the show - and the ratings.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi