Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** **Speculation** Analysis of Bachelor 8 Part 2

Out in left field

I've decided to think outside the box so bear with me.

Why would someone like Jehan tell an apparently "shocking" secret on tv?
    Why would she risk confronting Moana at this point?
    (as seems to be the case from recent preview)
    Haven't taped the show so I can't look back however Jehan striked me as a sensual woman (not so common a trait) yet there hasn't been any real sexual tension between her and Travis.

weird possibility - what if Jehan & Travis know each other. The two returning b-bettes pick her for the romantic date. He isn't going to take his friend on a home visit so the giving of the rose is not an option. She shows up at the ceremony because its time to reveal her role as spy.

Out there, I know but isn't it fun!
    ps: that would be the most shocking rose ceremony ever.
    Last edited by vicyn8; 01-28-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    that would be the most shocking rose ceremony ever.
    And hyped to death by Fleiss. Where's the hype?
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

I am soooo disappointed to finally know that Jehan does indeed go home this week. Of course I never pick the winner, so I'm not surprised. I hope that she finds her "prince Charming". She seems to be a genuine person and she deserves a great guy. I would love to see her as the Bachelorette, but I know that isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    Re: discusion of the 'secret" and the "twist" for the next episode:

The "secret" seems most likely to be that Jehan is divorced.

The "twist" has to do with the rose giving situation with Jehan if we are correct about her leaving this week. To this point, in the last couple of seasons anyway, they have to give the date a rose or send them directly home. They obviously must make some sort of exception for Jehan from the recaps. Since we have never had a situation where the recepient does NOT want to except the rose on their 1on1 date, the twist will be that they give her a reprieve until the RC?

Now there is the possiblity that she accepts the rose on her date but announces at the RC that she has changed her mind and wants to leave? Now that would be a "shocker"! I believe the contestants are free to leave by their own choice at any point....but lets admit it, who would when you are getting a great free holiday and served on hand and foot? Even if I didn't care for the guy at all I would stick around until I got the boot.

I totally agree Krispy. The Twist is that she is offered a rose and asks to have time to think about it, hence her being at the RC

I agree with you snooky. I think Travis is nice looking and obviously intelligent and being an athletic doctor makes him a nice catch...for someone. I can see why some ladies might really go for him but I'm personally not that attracted to him after watching the show. I see him as a bit of a goober myself. His two best friends seemed very dorky to me as well. He seems a bit dry and doesn't seem to have a very good sense of humor or be very fun. I don't know what it is, but to me, there is just something lacking in him for me to fall head over heels for him. I started out the season really thinking yeah, maybe he will be the best bachelor yet. I liked him a lot at first and while I still don't hate him, it has just been downhill for me from the get go. I've lost my affection for him. But hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes.
    Exactly, n2shabbychic. You stated exactly how I feel about him.

As for Jehan's rose, she is technically offered the rose, so she is free to stay. It's when the Bach doesn't offer the rose that the woman is booted off the show. I don't think it needs a reprieve, as long as T and J agree that they want her to have time to think about it. I just don't think she'll take it and return it. Seems too flightly for our stable Jehan.

I think the 'twist' is as lame as the rejected bootees coming back to decide who gets the 1-1 date. Or has this already been mentioned in the press for the upcoming show?
    Bingo. I don't think Jehan is the twist at all. As stated above, the twist is usually a change in the game--like the two bootees returning to pick dates. I don't think they've done quite that version before. Jehan is the "secret;" Shiloh and Jennifer showing up again is the "twist." And even if it's spelled out in a press release, the casual TV watcher doesn't read it--and ABC would continue to promote it on TV promos as a twist whether or not they've released the details via its PR machine. It's two prongs of the same media campaign.
    Last edited by snooky; 01-28-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Exactly, n2shabbychic. You stated exactly how I feel about him.

As for Jehan's rose, she is technically offered the rose, so she is free to stay. It's when the Bach doesn't offer the rose that the woman is booted off the show. I don't think it needs a reprieve, as long as T and J agree that they want her to have time to think about it. I just don't think she'll take it and return it. Seems too flightly for our stable Jehan.
    And refusing the rose at the Rose Ceremony is unkind to the others, because whoever gets the final rose is going to feel she just got it by default. The only fair way would be for Jehan to tell him privately before the ceremony, "Don't give me a rose tonight," and I suspect that's what she will do, if that's the way this plays out. There's no way the Eiffel Tower date could have been an elimination date. They had to be simply "optional rose dates", otherwise if he decided to eliminate them both, there would be no rose ceremony and no tears for Fleiss to film!

We see no evidence of Jehan's distress except the one picture with her hands in her face.
    He offers her a rose at dinner, thus she can stay. For whatever reason she does not accept it then, thus it is Travis option whether she says or goes at the rose ceremony.

I don't think Jehan turns it down before the rose ceremony because she is standing with the others. In all other cases the participant was gone before the RC. If she leaves, I think that is Travis' decision.

It does not fit with what we have seen with either Travis or Jehan that she would refusse the rose at the ceremony (as did Fabreeez) nor would a rose be considered a consolation rose. Jehan doesn't grandstand and I don't think Fleiss would want the conotation of a "pity" rose to sully the "romance.'

I think when we see the pictures of Moana, Tara and SB, with their unhappy faces, one rose has been given out - either Susan or Jehan. Or the last rose comes down to Susan and SB and thus the pissy face over who she considers her competition.
    Last edited by jelle; 01-28-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I don't think Jehan turns it down before the rose ceremony because she is standing with the others. In all other cases the participant was gone before the RC. If she leaves, I think that is Travis' decision.
    It is possible that Jehan refused a rose before the ceremony but was asked to pose with the others. Remember there are two "rose ceremony" stills this week, one with Sarah S. in the line up and one without (because we know Sarah gets a rose on her one on one).

I still can't imagine what Jehan's secret is. Someone earlier posted that she doesn't seem the type to reveal something really shocking on this show and I would agree. It's pretty much fact that she was married. Maybe the divorce wasn't final when she was on the show? I still feel like this has something to do with religion - maybe she needs to be celibate before marriage, etc. In any case, I do like her very much and am going to be sorry to see her go.

Quote Originally Posted by vicyn8 View Post
    I've decided to think outside the box so bear with me.

Why would someone like Jehan tell an apparently "shocking" secret on tv?
    Why would she risk confronting Moana at this point?
    (as seems to be the case from recent preview)
    Haven't taped the show so I can't look back however Jehan striked me as a sensual woman (not so common a trait) yet there hasn't been any real sexual tension between her and Travis.

weird possibility - what if Jehan & Travis know each other. The two returning b-bettes pick her for the romantic date. He isn't going to take his friend on a home visit so the giving of the rose is not an option. She shows up at the ceremony because its time to reveal her role as spy.

Out there, I know but isn't it fun!
    ps: that would be the most shocking rose ceremony ever.

Her and Moana must not have too much against each other, as they are in each others friends list on myspace.
    http://www.myspace.com/jehanmary
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.view profile&friendID=1983447

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    We see no evidence of Jehan's distress except the one picture with her hands in her face.
    He offers her a rose at dinner, thus she can stay. For whatever reason she does not accept it then, thus it is Travis option whether she says or goes at the rose ceremony.

It does not fit with what we have seen with either Travis or Jehan that she would refusse the rose at the ceremony (as did Fabreeez) nor would a rose be considered a consolation rose. Jehan doesn't grandstand and I don't think Fleiss would want the conotation of a "pity" rose to sully the "romance.'

I think when we see the pictures of Moana, Tara and SB, with their unhappy faces, one rose has been given out - either Susan or Jehan. Or the last rose comes down to Susan and SB and thus the pissy face over who she considers her competition.
    Maybe... Jehan tells Travis beforehand she doesn't want the rose, but she goes to the rose ceremony, and then it's announced that Jehan is leaving willingly and that only one person will be going home, and that's why everyone is shocked...and I'm guessing Sarah B is mad because maybe she get's picked last, but that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't going to pick her, and she thinks that if Jehan hadn't done that then she'd be going home. Even though he might have picked her last just because he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3 View Post
    He hug SB with close hand, I notice anyway. She is going home she is not the one he picks it is SARAH S that wins.
    No actually he hugs SB with open hands..and he did that for Jennifer too...so I don't think it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbfan View Post
    No actually he hugs SB with open hands..and he did that for Jennifer too...so I don't think it means anything.
    Also when he gives SB the rose during the camping date, he hugs her for like 5 minutes lol.. that's gotta mean something!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 01-28-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Bolje je u malim stvarima biti veliki, nego u velikim mali.