Page 11 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** **Speculation** Analysis of Bachelor 8 Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbfan View Post
    They called it the First Impression Rose this season too..lol
    I don't really think Chris used those words. He said you can and should give this rose to someone who you feel you would like to definitely get a rose tonight. But I don't recall it having a specific name. I could be wrong, but I was listening...

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic View Post
    I don't remember who got the first impression rose, but if I remember correctly, Sarah B didn't get her rose until the actual rose ceremony. Didn't Charlie hand several of them out during the 2 minute speed dating they did at the very beginning?
    As I recall, he gave out 2 during that speed dating thingy. REmember the undercover CIA agent/swimsuit nut?

I was wondering if anyone read Travis' diary. It seems to me like he blaters on about Moana. What does everyone else think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
    Here's what I think: Jehan's 1-on-1 date goes very well, so she decides to spring her "secret" on Travis. She says she'll leave if that's what he wants. He says it would break his heart if she leaves. So they decide that he'll sleep on it, dealing with it at the RC. At the RC, Travis has second thoughts (Wow, what's the secret?) and doesn't offer Jehan a rose. Jehan is upset, crying by the time she's outside.
    I wonder if Jehan's secret has anything to do with her religious beliefs (perhaps its place in her life or what she expects from her partner) or with her attitude about health. She is a nutropharmacist according to her blog. When she got her first rose, she said that FAMILY, CHURCH, HEALTH were most important to her. Just a thought
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-28-2006 at 09:14 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

well i know i will have some disagree but i really believe it is NOT sarah b who says someone is playing with your head..again this is my opinion and i am just saying that...not saying anyone is wrong and i am right...who knows...but all i am saying is that if we are going by pics and voiceovers ther is no way...so it is being said when he is hugging her..so that doesnt mean anything..we have seen too many of these teases by the Fleissman.. and i have replayed it to death(my poor tivo)and it doesnt sound like sarah b to me...for example..i think(and i could be wrong) in one of the bazillion threads we were discussing about who was saying i dont know what more i could have done..i thought many of people thought that was sarah b and it turned out to be jennifer...so i dont put alot of stock in voiceovers over pictures..again..none of us can be 100% sure till Monday..

Quote Originally Posted by FeralFeeder View Post
    Sure, but you're talking about WHY he gave it to her, not what the significance of it was to the show. In the past, it even had a name -- The First Impression Rose. But they aren't even calling it that now. It just didn't seem to have any reason. He could have easily have given her the first rose at the rose ceremony. In the end, it meant nothing in terms of what happened.

Not too worried. How many times has this first rose meant anything? Hmmm. Trish got one. That bitchy Sarah on Charlie's show got one. Jayne, I think? First impressions change...
    You bet they do change & I agree. All Chris said give it to a girl you definaley want to stay. Maybe ABC choose not to say first impression as all the women goe nuts about it & the girl that gets it is at a disadvantage immediatley. This one does nott stop the cat fights either. It wouldn't matter if all 25 were standing there the first one is a death sentence but maybe not this year. WE will see.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    You bet they do change & I agree. All Chris said give it to a girl you definaley want to stay. Maybe ABC choose not to say first impression as all the women goe nuts about it & the girl that gets it is at a disadvantage immediatley. This one does nott stop the cat fights either. It wouldn't matter if all 25 were standing there the first one is a death sentence but maybe not this year. WE will see.
    I think the difference, was first impression roses in the past guaranteed the first one on one date. It didn't happen that way this season, so I think that's why they didn't call it by that name.

Clearly, Jehan's solo date was meant to either end with a rose or elimination...the rose was sitting there on the table just like all the others. Who knows what went wrong...or right? She survived til the rose ceremony for sure.

I'm surprised Canadians find it insulting to be called Americans. During extensive travel in Mexico and South America, I find that they are insulted that people from the United States call themselves Americans. They, too, think of themselves as Americans, as they should. I am always careful to say I am from Los Estados Unidos.

Back to the show...why doesn't anyone else think something screwy happens and we only have 3 hometown dates and 2 fantasy dates? That's all we see evidence of isn't it? I really see no evidence of Susan on either a hometown or a fantasy date. I also see no evidence of Sarah TN on a hometown date but she must have one to be in Vienna. This is so bizarre.

I wouldn't be surpirsed if there were only 3 hometown dates and either 2 or 3 fantasy dates. The whole concept of a gifted rose would be very unpopular to the viewers and the b-bettes.

Wow, that Jehan has power! (unless Monday proves to be hype-for-naught)

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal View Post
    Back to the show...why doesn't anyone else think something screwy happens and we only have 3 hometown dates and 2 fantasy dates? That's all we see evidence of isn't it? I really see no evidence of Susan on either a hometown or a fantasy date. I also see no evidence of Sarah TN on a hometown date but she must have one to be in Vienna. This is so bizarre.
    The two reasons I think we still have 4 hometown dates is because the rose ceremony game gives us 4 to keep this episode and all the press releases say that he's picking 4 to go back to meet their families.

I don't rule Susan out of the top 3, because of that highly questioned rock climbing picture. I think it's very possibly her.