Page 1 of 270 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

there are starting to be a lot more articles about the show as it gets closer, so it might be easier to have one thread for all those articles and discussions about the articles..
    here's one from Travis's mom's perspective...

Saturday, December 24, 2005 6:27 AM CST
    ABC's newest "Bachelor" has ties to Cedar Valley
    By KELSEY HOLM, Courier Staff Writer
    GRUNDY CENTER --- The newest "Bachelor" is every girl's dream.

He's handsome, a doctor --- and has ties to the Cedar Valley. Travis Stork, 33, of Nashville, Tenn., will make his debut as ABC's "The Bachelor" on Jan. 9. His mother, Donna, hails from Grundy Center and is a Wartburg alumna.

"The Bachelor" has already been filmed, and Donna said a production crew came to her home and the entire family went to France, where the series was taped, in November. The family also met the final women Travis chose out of 25 possible contestants.

Travis' family members are sworn to secrecy regarding the results of the show, but Donna said that family is something that is very important to Travis.

"The girl he chooses I think it's important for him to admire her family and feel good about that," said Donna. "He said to me in Paris, 'Do you realize not one of my friends is divorced?' I think he takes pride in that and doesn't want to be the first one."

Travis didn't seek out "Bachelor" status. ABC found him.

"It was late August and they spotted him in Nashville ... He had never even seen the show," said Donna.

"The Bachelor: Paris" debuts at 9 p.m. Jan. 9 on ABC. For more information on Travis and the women he will court, visit http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelor/index.html

Contact Kelsey Holm at (319) 291-1464 or kelsey.holm@wcfcourier.com.

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

"The girl he chooses I think it's important for him to admire her family and feel good about that," said Donna. "He said to me in Paris, 'Do you realize not one of my friends is divorced?' I think he takes pride in that and doesn't want to be the first one."

So the good doctor's parents do go to Paris! Thank you for the article Cafegirl!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I'm getting the feeling from that quote that he is going to be extremely cautious about getting engaged. But that's Ok. I'd rather he doesnt propose if he doesnt fall in love. I would be just as happy with an ending where he and one of the women walk off into the Parisian sunset and actually do get engaged and married sometime down the road (like Outback Jack). Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that for once, this whole Bachelor thing might actually work out after seeing so many failed relationships ... other than Byron & Charlie of course.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

TV Guide blurb

The new issue of TV Guide magazine has a preview of the new shows for 2006. There's a short little article on the bachelor, but since I don't have access to scan the article to the internet, here's a shortened version printed online. I thought the interesting part was the description of some of the dates (sounds like the Alps date is a fantasy date:
    Premiere: Monday, Jan. 9, 10 pm/ET, ABC
    This time around, it'll be Mr. Travis Stork on the matrimonial block. Sorry, make that Dr. Stork. And in a first for this reality series, which features 25 single ladies competing for the bachelor's attention, the action will be based overseas in Paris. The dates will include a boat cruise on the Seine, an overnight stay in the Swiss Alps and a very special evening atop the Eiffel Tower. Ooh la la!

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

In the mountains waiting for the snow to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    The new issue of TV Guide magazine has a preview of the new shows for 2006. There's a short little article on the bachelor, but since I don't have access to scan the article to the internet, here's a shortened version printed online. I thought the interesting part was the description of some of the dates (sounds like the Alps date is a fantasy date:
    Premiere: Monday, Jan. 9, 10 pm/ET, ABC
    This time around, it'll be Mr. Travis Stork on the matrimonial block. Sorry, make that Dr. Stork. And in a first for this reality series, which features 25 single ladies competing for the bachelor's attention, the action will be based overseas in Paris. The dates will include a boat cruise on the Seine, an overnight stay in the Swiss Alps and a very special evening atop the Eiffel Tower. Ooh la la!

link
    Thanks Cafegirl - ooh la la
    Faith grows from little seeds of Hope.

Here is the complete article from the TV guide .

"This guy gives George Clooney a run for his money. He's unbelievable." So says executive producer Mike Fleiss about Mr. Travis Stork, the new man on the matrimonial block. Sorry, make that Dr. Stork. And this time around The Bachelor's action takes place in Paris. Talk about stacking the deck! In fact, by way of achieving some intellectual parity, the competitors selected were a bit more sophisticated than usual. "Lining up a bunch of 19-year-old cheerleaders wasn't going to work." Fleiss says. But work they do, honing their winning ways through a boat cruise on the Seine, and overnight date in the Swiss Alps, and a very special night atop the Eiffel Tower. Fleiss was surprised by the enthusiasm that was evident from the get-go when the contestants learned of Stork's line of work. "There's a real reaction to that," Fleiss recalls. "You can see it go across the room like a wave." Ooh-la-la!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvnIt View Post
    But work they do, honing their winning ways through a boat cruise on the Seine, and overnight date in the Swiss Alps, and a very special night atop the Eiffel Tower.
    Shades of Joe Millionaire.

"The Bachelor" has already been filmed, and Donna said a production crew came to her home and the entire family went to France, where the series was taped, in November. The family also met the final women Travis chose out of 25 possible contestants...." (from Cafegirl post #1)

Okay - unless I'm picking up Dreamer logos as tattoos once again, this seems to answer one of my production questions...No folks home visit for the Storks - they go to Paris.

But what about the 4 hometown dates? Does everyone travel back to the states for those?

Out of Country is awkward at least and tres expensive at best.

I think from one of the newspaper articles (see spoiler threads if you want to know which) we know that the hometown visits were indeed at the girls hometowns. We know his family flew to France - maybe to do their visit there instead of in the States. I assume so, because I cant believe they went there, met some of the girls, and then flew back to do it all again on this side of the Atlantic. I see no reason why it wouldnt be just as nice to meet the final 2 on neutral turf in Paris as opposed to meeting them here. I think it would be far less stressful for his folks too - no camera crews in their house filming the dinner, etc.