Page 55 of 270 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

Quote Originally Posted by Netcam View Post
    J
    He cracked a joke that Travis can hardly wait for the final show, so he can start dating new women again! Travis smiled sheepishly for that one.
    That's exactly why The Bachelor fails to achieve its stated goal so often - the television exposure turns him into a rock star, and he immediately begins to get extreme indications of interest from the kind of women who would never have looked at him twice before. The Bachelorette doesn't have this problem because so few men watch the show.

Just finished watching the Doc on Jimmy Kimmel LIve. Here is my version of what happened on interview. (mods...this is my personal transcript)

Jimmy Kimmel makes a few jokes and Tavis laughs a lot.
    Jimmy: He ask him which three girls are left and Travis says, Moana, Susan and Sarah.
    Jimmy - Sarah is the one everyone likes?
    Travis - Sarah is great. She's the one from Nashville, like myself.
    Jimmy - Whose the one thats crazy?, thats just the actress that pretending to get on tv?
    Travis - ya know, I th...I ...all three women are great.
    Jimmy - well, which one is the actress?
    Travis - (uncomfortable laugh)
    Jimmy - isn't one of them an actress?
    Travis - no, no, ya know one of the difficult things is....(Jimmy starts laughing and so does Travis)
    Jimmy - (laughing) Let me look at my notes. (shuffles papers on desk, looking at cards)
    Travis - you know what everyone has to understand is I'm going....
    Jimmy - (interrupts) SUSAN is the one, the actress
    Travis - laughs
    Audience - laughs
    JImmy - right?
    Travis - moving right along...(he is laughing and moving around in his chair a lot)
    Jimmy - Lets take a look at Susan and let the home viewers decide if she is acting or not

Clip of Susan sitting in front of fireplace in maroon shirt she went mountain climbing in.

She says: (partly crying ...I think she is suppose to upset in this scene)
    It's like so the opposite.....of how I feel.....and for these questions about competition and about furthering my career.....If they are affecting how he feels, it sucks cause I'm so not that way, I'm so not about publicity or winning a stupid game. this isn't about game here, this is about, ugh...its about how i'm feeling, its about how he's feeling and for anyone to put those things in his head....it obviously makes me upset...ya know?

Jimmy: Yeah, I don't believe one word of that.
    Travis: (lips sealed tight, eyes closed, bites back laugh, we see him grin and belly jump like he is holding in a big laugh)
    Jimmy: Do you kick her off next week
    Travis: laughing now
    Jimmy: oh yeah, that's right. you can't say
    Travis: (looks off behind Jimmy) How's it going?
    Jimmy: (ask about hand signals, claps?) Non-verbal clues might be our out on this thing. (talking about contract) .........So you kicked her out this week, Probably. I don't know....who knows what you did.
    Travis: (lips sealed and laughing) I'm just going to keep laughing (laughs some more)

Jimmy ask him about being a doctor and being paired with 25 women how concerned he was about disease?
    Travis says there is a good screening process....etc.

JImmy; one of the bachelorettes is from Nashville, she is like a block away from you.
    Travis: (bites his bottom lip) uh hum. very very close by.
    Jimmy:Is that the one you pick
    Travis: (laughs and looks back at Jimmy)
    Jimmy: that is the one everybody thinks you should pick. Do you think you could go back and call the one that came in second, she would forgive you and would go out with you? Now, that the reality show, I would like to see. You trying to trick her back into going on a date with you and then you dump her again. That would be the best
    Travis: (laughing at Jimmy entire time)

This is pretty long....I'll finish if anyone is interested.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Part 2 of Travis interview with Jimmy Kimmel (My personal transcription)

Jimmy - I'm not going to get anything out of you then i guess.
    Travis - (seals lips) no, just smiles (shaking head)
    Jimmy - you know you are not under oath right?
    Travis - (laughs)
    Jimmy - you'd be great in a deposition.
    Travis - I don't want to be a poor man for the rest of my life.
    Jimmy - how much would you have to pay if you revealed? what is the penalty?
    Travis - i don't even know but there would be a lot of people very unhappy with me...so...(laughs)
    Jimmy - right..yeah that's right...they would
    Travis - ya know that the we....my best friends don't even know so I'm very anxious for the last few episodes to play out so no longer have to be such a ...poker face.
    Jimmy - yeah..so you can get back to dating again.
    Travis - (lips tight then laughs)
    Jimmy - did you have any fun?
    Travis - that's the thing, you take this time out of your life....I would hope that if you go to Paris and have this experience, you'll have fun.....
    Jimmy - (interrupts) and yet you didn't
    Travis -(laughs) no, it was amazing, it really was. It was a lot of fun.
    Jimmy - (laughing) yeah alright, well Congr..(starts laughing)
    Travis - shakes head and laughs
    Jimmy - sounds like you had a great time..and I'm guessing that the streak of unmarried bachelors will not be broken.
    Travis - (laughs)
    Jimmy - I don't know anything...I'm guessing that's all, he didn't say it but we all know what he is thinking. Watch the bachelor.......(show info).........you can see Travis dump all three of these girls.
    Travis - (laughs)

TA DA - THE END
    (this transcript was typed by snapit and her pause button is officially broken now)
    Gotta The Fort

Thanks, Snap! I had it on ... was watching all that stupid superhero olympics he was doing and then woke up as the final credits were rolling!!! So thanks for recapping!

Snapit I believe when Jimmy was list the 3 girls he did not say Moana name right and the doc corrected him!

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    Snapit I believe when Jimmy was list the 3 girls he did not say Moana name right and the doc corrected him!
    Right...Jimmy was saying Mo...an
    and Travis said its pronounced Moana.
    That was at the very beginning of the segment.
    Gotta The Fort

FORT Regular
    I was looking at some old magazines and found some interesting things...

Star Magazine (1/16/06)

Moana and Susan were identified as 2 of the 4 Top Contenders. It also said in the article that he is attracted to someone who's athletic and has a natural beauty. But beyond that, I think I am looking for someone genuine who treats others respectfully and who I can laugh with when we are alone together.

Us Magazine (1/16/06)

In the running.... Allie, 33, a pushy oncologist; Moana, 26, a moody Californian; and Sarah, 26, a bubbly kindergarten teacher who also happens to hail from Nashville.

InTouch (1/16/06)

He does not have a specific type (I'm not someone who says I like blodes or brunettes"), Travis does admit , "I like women who are genuine. The women on the show are all very atttractive, energetic and fun. That's what made this experience so great."

I just thought it was interesting to read now that we have been into the show for 5 weeks. I am a huge Sarah fan but not sure what to think at this point. I will be glad when the FRC finally rolls around so we can see who he picks.

Thank you for the transcript Snapit! You rock lady! I could not stay up to even watch Letterman let alone Jimmy K.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by soccerm3m View Post
    I just thought it was interesting to read now that we have been into the show for 5 weeks. I am a huge Sarah fan but not sure what to think at this point. I will be glad when the FRC finally rolls around so we can see who he picks.
    Thank you for recapping the earlier magazines Soccerm3m! This does look favorable to our Miss Sarah!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

THANKS SnapIt!

I saw the show and you gave a terrific recap. A couple of observations: 1. Travis was obviously very concerned about not giving anything away and had been very well coach. 2. Two times that he got a tad anxious were; questions about the "actress" and comments about Sarah living SO close. hmmm While this was not super telling, it could imply that T wanted people to think that maybe Susan wasn't an actress and thus implying (falsely perhaps) that he could have picked her and two that he really did pick Sarah, so needed to be very careful about this response. 3. He subtly seemed to be trying to imply that Moana was special to him by giving her name first (Sarah's was last) and saying that Venice was romantic. It's probable that he would not have done these things if she were his choice. T was not talking casually, everything that he said was carefully thought out. 4. Although T didn't respond to the love question, I think that T stating that keeping the poker face was tough implies that something great happened to him. (He doesn't look in the least heartbroken). It's my theory that he DID fall in love, but has been told to keep us in suspense and on the hook.