Page 5 of 270 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

My daughter is a nurse at a teaching hospital and really wonders how this guy got the time off to do this show, unless he took a leave of absence

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksmiles View Post
    My daughter is a nurse at a teaching hospital and really wonders how this guy got the time off to do this show, unless he took a leave of absence
    that's exactly what he did, chucksmiles. It was in an earlier post by someone who knows him. Plus a nurse who works w/ him recently posted over at ABC forums confirmed that he took a leave.. supposedly this is not that uncommon..
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Thanks for that info...you guys are to prolific with the posting to keep up, love it...let the games begin!

Here's TvGUides's listing for Monday's Bachelor... it looks like Switzerland is the country where the Alps date takes place..
    Premiere: Monday, Jan. 9, 10 pm/ET, ABC
    This time around, it'll be Mr. Travis Stork on the matrimonial block. Sorry, make that Dr. Stork. And in a first for this reality series, which features 25 single ladies competing for the bachelor's attention, the action will be based overseas — in Paris. The dates will include a boat cruise on the Seine, an overnight stay in the Swiss Alps and a very special evening atop the Eiffel Tower. Ooh la la!
    link

This season sounds like it's going to be an awesome fantasy, a Cindarella event. Can't wait!

I love the Fleiss slam about searching for higher-quality women & not being able to just serve up a bunch of cheerleaders, LOL... what a slam to perky cheerleaders everywhere

...and yet they still found one.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    ...and yet they still found one.
    Plus. Cole just retired from The Oakland Raiderettes. And we haven't checked everyone's "cheerleaderness" yet!

Appearently, everyone is, when it comes down to it, a slash-actress or cheerleader or beauty queen. Where did all the pharmacuetical reps go?
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21 View Post
    I don't know why but I get the feeling that for once, this whole Bachelor thing might actually work out after seeing so many failed relationships ... other than Byron & Charlie of course.
    Charlie and Sarah are still together as well as Byron and Mary. I don't care if they are married yet, at least they are still together and giving it a run which is only natural under the circumstances of their being together.

THE BACHELOR is on Extra u all.

Oh yeah, I'm proud of Charlie and Sara! I never ever ever thought anything real would come out of that season, so it's great to hear they are still together. That's a pretty long relationship for a celebrity. But Byron & Mary, what they hey are you waiting for??!! For somebody who was so eager to immediately start a marriage/family, this long of a wait doesn't bode well.

Although this season appears to be potentially the most romantic one yet (Grand Paris), I feel that using more intelligent participants makes true love LESS likely.

People in those kinds of professions are extremely level-headed, rational, and wisely cautious, which is exactly what they need for success in those careers. They didn't get to where they are today by being rash or foolhardy. But let's face it... if you're trying to bake some love, it never hurts to add these ingredients: stupidity, dreaming, impulsiveness. I don't know if this season's cast will have enough of those for a TV match-up.

P.S. Dr. Stork is the hottest guy I've seen on this entire series except for Meredith's Ian, who gave me a cardiac love attack.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3 View Post
    THE BACHELOR is on Extra u all.
    Darn, I missed it.. did he reveal anything?? or did they show clips??