Page 4 of 270 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    vecgirl, can you post the entire article?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

no I can't

Sorry, But I already tried and as I mentioned it requires current AMA membership. I'll try to figure something else out. Maybe I can call one of my friends to see if they have access

still trying

The only other info I could get : Travis says his time on the show was fun but he plans on sticking with medicine.

people starting to stalk Travis with email

I found this in a blog from some chick here in Nashville,( Last night, instead of going to bed like responsible adults, Jennie and I decided to cast our pride aside and...emailed the new Bachelor. It was hysterically funny. The new season of the Bachelor starts in January and he (Travis Stork) is from Nashville. He's a doctor at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and because Jennie is in nursing school there...she has access to his private email. So, being the complete goobs we are...we invited him to a holiday party. Sadly, by now he's probably a bachelor no more (at least for another 6 months until he and his chosen-one "split amicably"). We even marked the "Read Receipt" box so we'll know for SURE if he read the email. And we definitely marked it as "urgent" just to make sure. I laugh just thinking about it. (I'm just glad we used HER email...if he files a restraining order, I can't be tied to it.)

posted by Rachel @ 3:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by vecgirl2! View Post
    The only other info I could get : Travis says his time on the show was fun but he plans on sticking with medicine.
    This is not good. OMG another failure, can't they find someone who is really ready for this show. Trista is starting to look very good in my dear old eyes she really is the only one who went in for the right reason.

The quote was from the American Medical Association website which is member restricted(didn't renew mine since med school). Anyway the article is titled"Reality Show Borrows ED doc for whirlwind romantic adventure" The article is listed under the section "Professional Issues". I guess now the AMA is going to start to debate the appropriateness of Travis participating in the show.
    Vecgirl, does the AMA seriously have ethical concerns of a physician appearing as The Bachelor? There are also two physicians as the bachelorettes, one of which is a fame-seeker from what I have been able to interpret from her website. I would be interested to see if this progresses further, or possibly could this just be a single article from a stiff neck doc from the old school (not that there is anything wrong being a stiff neck)?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

never mind. You need the AMA membership. however, it quoted Travis as saying"How can you possibly date 25 women? I can't even remember their names?"
    I believe that this question was asked to Travis in a newspaper article, and he said that he is an ER doctor and is used to seeing several people at once so not a problem, even though his patients are not typically as beautiful as the bachelorettes. Remember that article? It sounds like conflicting statements between the two articles. Also, why is my brain remembering this type of information?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fan
    I wouldn't assume that those comments by Travis in the AMA article necessarily mean the show didn't work out. After all, he may have found it overwhelming to meet 25 women at once, that's not surprising. The comment about sticking to medicine may have more to do with whether he would seek a career in entertainment- I think that 's good, since it means he's not a mediawhore. Cheer up, Cafegirl, we've all had our little romantic hearts broken in the past (coughJencough) but we shouldn't decide this season is over before it's begun!

Happy New Year!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    I wouldn't assume that those comments by Travis in the AMA article necessarily mean the show didn't work out. After all, he may have found it overwhelming to meet 25 women at once, that's not surprising. The comment about sticking to medicine may have more to do with whether he would seek a career in entertainment- I think that 's good, since it means he's not a mediawhore. Cheer up, Cafegirl, we've all had our little romantic hearts broken in the past (coughJencough) but we shouldn't decide this season is over before it's begun!

Happy New Year!
    I know, kmjm, I'm not planning to get out the hankie yet!! However, if this season is anything like that disaster, Jen the fake, then even this die-hard bachelor fan will be ready to throw in the 'sleuthing' towel!!!!
    The optimist in me is not ready to give up yet and I agree with all your reasoning.. I definitely took the comment about sticking to medicine the same as you did..... So, Grey's Anatomy's hunks can rest easy (for now)!!
    Actually, I would love to hear that he found someone he wants to 'build' a relationship with .... AFTER that cheesy proposal they seem to con him into making!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    However, if this season is anything like that disaster, Jen the fake, then even this die-hard bachelor fan will be ready to throw in the 'sleuthing' towel!!!!
    I don't think you have to worry about that - Travis, unlike Jen, seems to have no Hollywood aspirations. So this season is likely to be reasonably entertaining, even if Fleiss has packed the Bachelorette ranks with 25 Sarah W. clones for his own amusement.