Page 3 of 270 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

An article about Travis and his family

Here's a chance to see Travis's family.... thanks to blondiegal for finding this.. It's posted at sirlinksalot

Friday, December 30, 2005

‘The Bachelor’ has strong Blair ties

By Jim Brazda
    Reporter

Travis Stork

Front: Travis’ mother Donna Stork, Whitney Pavell, Travis Stork, Delaney Pavell, grandfather Everett Stork, father Roger Stork and uncle Ronald Stork. Middle: Mike Pavell, sister Andrea Pavell, aunt Susan Bensen, Mark Lippincott, Jeff Warren, Kane Warren and Jim Bensen. Back: aunt Janice Lippincott, Judy Stork, Katie Lippincott, Julene Warren, Kristi Lippincott and Tom Lippincott.
    The man who will be ABC’s next “Bachelor” when the romance-reality series starts back up on January 9, was in Blair last week celebrating Christmas with his family.

That’s right, yet another reality show star has Blair connections.

Travis Stork, a 33-year-old Nashville emergency room doctor, is the grandson of rural Blair resident Everett Stork, and the nephew of Ronald Stork, Susan Bensen and Janice Lippincott.

According to an ABC news release, “Dr. Mc-Dreamy” is a favorite of the entire nursing staff at Vanderbilt Medical Center.

Travis was discovered when a casting director spotted him while searching for female contestants in Tennessee, according to the New York Daily News.

“One of my casting people saw him walking down the street and she said, ‘Oh, my God! That’s the best-looking guy I have ever seen in my entire life.’ And she literally chased him down the street,” said executive producer Mike Fleiss.

Travis’ father, Roger Stork, grew up in the Blair area and graduated from Blair High School in 1960. He now lives in Southern Pines, N.C. Travis’ entire family was excited about his impending television debut.

The fact that he could not talk about the show just added to the mystery.

“It’s fantastic,” said Roger Stork, who got to travel to Paris during some of the filming. “It’s a great opportunity.”

This will be the first season of “The Bachelor” to be shot outside of the United States.

Travis’ grandfather, Everett Stork, has lived around Blair his entire life and still remembers baby-sitting Travis when he was a young boy.

When he found out that Travis’ was going to be on the show, Everett said he initially did not know what to think about it.

“I was flabbergasted is what I was,” Everett said. “I was thrilled. I’m proud of my family.”

When asked if he would watch the show, he replied “You bet I will.”

“I feel very blessed to have such good family in Blair,” Travis said. “Throughout my life I’ve always looked forward to coming home to Blair for Christmas.”

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Merci Beaucoup, Cafegirl. It seems as though "our" (I'm becoming proprietary) Dr. Stork survived Paree. What a nice looking family.

Awwww.... I'm in love with him Dr. Stork seems awesome!

Where is Blair?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Where is Blair?

Its in Nebraska , My i have a little bit in common with Travis he shares the same Birthday as my son March 9th 1972 and i hail from Nebraska.

Thanks for the article cafegirl. Great looking family. Did anyone other than his parents make the trip to Paris?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

interesting quote from Travis

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/200...2/prsc0102.htm, Check out the quote of Travis's on this link.

never mind. You need the AMA membership. however, it quoted Travis as saying"How can you possibly date 25 women? I can't even remember their names?"

The quote was from the American Medical Association website which is member restricted(didn't renew mine since med school). Anyway the article is titled"Reality Show Borrows ED doc for whirlwind romantic adventure" The article is listed under the section "Professional Issues". I guess now the AMA is going to start to debate the appropriateness of Travis participating in the show.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vecgirl2! View Post
    never mind. You need the AMA membership. however, it quoted Travis as saying"How can you possibly date 25 women? I can't even remember their names?"
    Thanks, vecgirl, this doesn't sound good as far as any kind of relationship happening..... Do you think he was just joking in the article? Let's hope.... I would hope we at least have an illusion of a romance for this show but there is so much negative stuff coming out between this and the girl's webpages, etc. that I'm not getting a good feel for this... Darn!!! I want my "romance"!! I hope I'm wrong!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"