Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    NYC is the land of millions of other opportunities . Sadie may never have even said more than hi to Lorenzo in any other setting than the Bachelor. She'll have many more dating prospects when she moves to the city. New friends, new dates, new place to live. She's got no reason to settle for a man 11 years older than her who doesn't totally get her personal choices and doesn't share her faith - and felt that there was no notable chemistry between them. I think Sadie's too good a person for Lorenzo - she deserves more and better in my opinion. She absolutely deserves her "I deserve" letter - and nothing less. Lorenzo isn't that man.

She said she wants to remain single as well, so it sounds like she wants to go out on dates, but doesn't want to be dating any one person. Good for her - you're only young once . I wish her well on all of her future endeavors.

Can't we just let Sadie live her fairy tale, instead of wishing for her to live one based on the show and perceptions from the show?
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2210270;

Can't we just let Sadie live her fairy tale, instead of wishing for her to live one based on the show and perceptions from the show?
    Very well said Brightcryptic. I truly am amazed how one one gossip article was able to spread like wildfire to other outlets, all basically stating the same thing, but Sadie's newspaper interview, where she said that she could be friends with Lorenzo went no further. I guess that just did not bring in the revenue.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie;2210166;
    Bachelor Exclusive: Lorenzo Ditches Winner for Runner-Up
    By Kristin Veitch
    Jan 19, 2007 3:41 PM

As you may remember, Prince LorBo chose Jennifer (the brunette school teacher) over Sadie (the blond publicist), but sources close to the show have now confirmed to me that LorBo has pulled a sly little switcheroo! I'm told Sadie and Lorenzo are very much an item, and she has been spotted all around New York City canoodling with the good prince. Word is, the two are going very strong—in fact, she's already met his family.

Truth told, according to sources, Jennifer and Lorenzo were not much of an item to begin with. Sources on set say the guy seemed entirely indifferent throughout much of the show's taping, and I'm told he didn't make a final decision until two hours before filming the finale. (Que romantico, no?) According to one source, "Jen and Lorenzo were never that into each other. And as soon as the show finished taping, they fizzled out."

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...2-b44c2d6119e3
    Thanks Jennie for the Kristin blurb. A couple of things - Jennifer is a blond, not a brunette...seems Kristin wants to prove the blondes over brunettes matchups. Next - Sadie met his family in front of millions (well, thousands) of viewers. Duh - Kristin - you are not a viewer. All loyal Bach watchers know about Plo's angst during the final two hours of prep for the FRC. So that brings me to whether or not he was indifferent during much of the show to any of the hopefuls; this is also in question. If nothing else the ongoing drama of does he or doesn't he keeps this forum going until the next episode of "How The Bachelor Turns."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have been keeping my eye on the thread and the developments in the ongoing saga - and my goodness, it is turning out to be quite a bit of drama, isn't it? What I don't understand is why the main players are, except for Sadie's homeown interview, staying mum? It just puzzles me, but this show and the behavior of its stars has puzzled me in the past, too (I'm looking at you Scheft...)

And no I will not take as gospel anything that's been said, until someone comes forward that is actually named either Lorenzo, Sadie or Jennifer. Until then, it's all speculation and a whole lot of 'filling in the blanks' thanks to Mr. Meddler - Skip.

I know there are people (especially on the HSN boards) that just luuuuurve Skip, but I find his behavior in this mess positively skeevy and I would be fuming if I were any one of the three people involved. And honestly, if this is how the Borghese family handles their business, I hope the rumors are false and Sadie runs far, far away from them. Crazy way to handle personal business, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, in the off chance that Lorenzo and Sadie are actually in a relationship, I would like to hear that from someone other than Skip, thank you. Yes, Sadie said that they're 'just friends', in the hometown interview, but I don't put as much weight on that statement as some other people. What the heck else was she supposed to say? "Yeah, uh... I got dumped on national TV, but then Lorenzo changed his mind and dumped Jen and now I'm moving to NY and we're seeing where things are going?" Even if it were *true*, how is up to HER to put that information out there? She's the one that was 'eliminated' on national TV and as far as the general viewing public knows, Lorenzo is with Jen. So, for her to put that out there by herself would make her look... potentially delusional, IMO.

At the end of it all, I'm personally rooting for Sadie. She was my favorite 'character' this season and I thought she seemed like a really good person, so I wish her happiness and lots of luck with her new life in NY - regardless of who she's dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2210336;
    I have been keeping my eye on the thread and the developments in the ongoing saga - and my goodness, it is turning out to be quite a bit of drama, isn't it? What I don't understand is why the main players are, except for Sadie's homeown interview, staying mum? It just puzzles me, but this show and the behavior of its stars has puzzled me in the past, too (I'm looking at you Scheft...)

And no I will not take as gospel anything that's been said, until someone comes forward that is actually named either Lorenzo, Sadie or Jennifer. Until then, it's all speculation and a whole lot of 'filling in the blanks' thanks to Mr. Meddler - Skip.

I know there are people (especially on the HSN boards) that just luuuuurve Skip, but I find his behavior in this mess positively skeevy and I would be fuming if I were any one of the three people involved. And honestly, if this is how the Borghese family handles their business, I hope the rumors are false and Sadie runs far, far away from them. Crazy way to handle personal business, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, in the off chance that Lorenzo and Sadie are actually in a relationship, I would like to hear that from someone other than Skip, thank you. Yes, Sadie said that they're 'just friends', in the hometown interview, but I don't put as much weight on that statement as some other people. What the heck else was she supposed to say? "Yeah, uh... I got dumped on national TV, but then Lorenzo changed his mind and dumped Jen and now I'm moving to NY and we're seeing where things are going?" Even if it were *true*, how is up to HER to put that information out there? She's the one that was 'eliminated' on national TV and as far as the general viewing public knows, Lorenzo is with Jen. So, for her to put that out there by herself would make her look... potentially delusional, IMO.

At the end of it all, I'm personally rooting for Sadie. She was my favorite 'character' this season and I thought she seemed like a really good person, so I wish her happiness and lots of luck with her new life in NY - regardless of who she's dating.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2210270;
    NYC is the land of millions of other opportunities . Sadie may never have even said more than hi to Lorenzo in any other setting than the Bachelor. She'll have many more dating prospects when she moves to the city. New friends, new dates, new place to live. She's got no reason to settle for a man 11 years older than her who doesn't totally get her personal choices and doesn't share her faith - and felt that there was no notable chemistry between them. I think Sadie's too good a person for Lorenzo - she deserves more and better in my opinion. She absolutely deserves her "I deserve" letter - and nothing less. Lorenzo isn't that man.

She said she wants to remain single as well, so it sounds like she wants to go out on dates, but doesn't want to be dating any one person. Good for her - you're only young once . I wish her well on all of her future endeavors.

Very well said I couldn't have said it better myself

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Bright and Secret, bravo on both making well stated arguments (?) or rather statements about what's more than likely the truth behind this highfaluted fiction that Skip and the media have propagated to a total 'weed' garden of ridiculous.
    As you both have said, the truth or what we can hopefully accept as truth, must come from the mouths (on video, that we can all see ) about what's the 'skinny' on this rather fat pack of wild stories. To 'cut through this rather huge maze of truth, half truth vs fiction, is going to take the BIG THREE (well actually, I believe that Sadie has said her piece, although, I can hear where you're coming from Secret about Sadie's statement, but I'm looking at her supporting evidence from sources I've read on different boards) to tell us what really is THE TRUTH!

Anyone besides me, more than ready for Bachelor Hawaii? Bring on Lt. Andy!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fogey
    The one thing about Sadie's interview that I believe shows we can't use this as "proof" that they are just friends is the timing of it. The interviewer states that she spoke to Sadie via phone while she was in New York. Based on the "Skip revelation" which I think was mid December, that would place the interview time as early to mid December. At that point, Sadie would not have been at liberty to reveal anything and she would not have known about any of the rumors since they all surfaced much later. I'm not saying they are together, but unless she took a second trip to NY in December this interview does not prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie;2210166;
    I'm told Sadie and Lorenzo are very much an item, and she has been spotted all around New York City canoodling with the good prince.
    I wonder where are the photos of them together then?

Great find, Jennie! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2210430;
    I wonder where are the photos of them together then?

Great find, Jennie! Thanks!

That would be my question if they are such a HOT Item and canoodling all over NY why haven't these busy media hounds supplied pictures of all this canoodling to back up their stories ,just my opinion here.