Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

FORT Newbie

Re: Interview info

Hi again,
    I'm glad you all enjoyed the transcript. Like I said it isn't perfect but for the person who said print interviews were hard to know what the feeling was between the people, I would like to clarify that this was on the phone and I heard the whole thing, I didn't read anything. Unless you count my reading into how Lor was acting and you all seem to get the gist. He didn't sound "unhappy" but he didn't sound like a man in love ready for marriage or even necessarily a relationship. I always liked him on the show and really felt that he and Sadie belonged together, nothing against Jen she seems very sweet but during the entire interview (including the one on Regis and Kelly) it really seems like Jen is doing all of the talking about making it work and how they will do it. Lor just seems content to sit back and let her do the work, I know some people think he is just sick of cameras and press but I personally think his reaction to Sadie last night and how he came off in the two interviews today that he is just really not sure he made the right decision or that either girl would be the right decision. Jen did mention she loved NY but not specifically moving there when her school year was over, just "wait and see what happens", it is sort of sad...... I really hope that Lor isn't another Jen S. (?) and that Sadie and/or Jen find happiness with someone else if it isn't him.

On another quick note, I truthfully feel sad that he is not coming off to be the nice guy I thought he was... I hope the next bachelor won't disappoint but truthfully I am getting a little sick of watching the show and seeing them pick the wrong girl and break up so quickly. But hey if they did the Bachelorette w/ Sadie and or Jen I would be down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by What Am I Think;2159430;
    But, hey, how wonder that he had lots of FUN! lol at his willingness to do other reality t.v
    Yeah,,,,he is slime! I completely changed my tune about him.. He is no gentleman, the way he is now treating Jen..I am mad about that...She deserves better.....Hey Jen find someone who knows you are the one not just two hours before...eeek...

Let him suck eight years out of someone else's life and future...such a loser...ughhhhh. grow up man...be a man...let mommy keep her ring and her little get togethers. What kind of man lets his Mommy plan a party with both parent. I think a 34 year old man would say..uh you know what mom, that is not a good idea and I will not be part of that....Sadie you actually won..you go girl!!!!God has someone worthy of you and you for him and likewise for you to Jen[/QUOTE]

YOU NAILED THAT ONE, What am I thinking!! What he said to Sadie last night was inexcusable and insensitive. I personally think he totally got swept away with the whole idea of the show. How do you fall in love with more than one person and then expect by the time the deadline of the show is rolling around you will be able to commit?? He said last night after his final dates something to the effect he had made up his mind, but then woke up the next morning( the day of the FRC) and had second thoughts doubting hi self!! Wake up Brother! What a HORRIBLE thing for Jen to see on TV!!!
    And what was all that about finishing the school year til May and then think about moving? All that focus mentioned on the fantasy date and final date about "Sure I'll move, no problem"--uh what short memories.

I really think Fliess needs to focus on a change in game plan.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Piano-Girl;2159463;
    Friends...alllrightee then, I don't know where that statment came from but you know what...I am too sick from last night to care...
    "At this point I'd rather be with the other woman" O...M...G!

My god. For a woman of 23 what class and grace under fire, she had. I don't think at my age(and I am old!) I could have responded as beautifully as she did. I give her KUDOS.
    I just sincerely hope she can put this in perspective for what he has shown himself to be, and can move on and not hold it against the next young man that should seriously come her way, but then--I don't think she will, she is too high caliber.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Maybe this has been mentioned and if so I apologize for missing it, but, I haven't heard if there is going to be the After the Final Rose show? I know last year there was not one and that of course sealed what all were thinking. So, has anyone heard? I don't see it on the abc website.
    Be mindful of the ball that rolls in your path and the child who may be coming after it. They will not see you because their eyes are on the ball and your eyes should be on the road!

Hmm interesting phone interview. Jen was gung-ho about getting on a plane during the airing and now realizes reality is sinking in and she doesn't want to leave her job until May. Masters - she can get that in NY so I take that with a grain of salt. I do commend her on taking care of HER first.. a strong woman needs to do that..you can never fully rely on a man. As my Mother taught me - put a little away for yourself 'just in case'

Back to the interview. It's hard to tell without hearing the tonations (word?) of them but it sounds like they are both very reluctant soles. Especially the fact that jen is committing to a long distance relationship. That's hard enough when you are with someone for years (like myself) and your husband gets deployed for a year or so every other few years - but when you are in the beginning of a relationship it's even harder. You hang in by a thread. Unless one or the other picks up and moves to be with the other - I say this relationship will not last long AT ALL. You need to compromise in order to take a risk and a risk is all they have at the moment.

I like PLO but I am disappointed in how he is handling the aftermath .. tsk tsk on him. I thought he would have been bigger than that.

If he was that torn he should have taken a page out of Charlie's book and asked to date them in the real world first.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;2159630;
    If he was that torn he should have taken a page out of Charlie's book and asked to date them in the real world first.
    Not if he was required to choose. The whole show was ALL about how confused he was, too much to be the usual fake drama. He's repeatedly said that he only decided on his pick two hours prior and didn't he say it somewhere again today?

FORT Regular

Wishing them both happiness

I don’t think either Lorenzo or Jen deserve the backlash they have been receiving on these boards. Given the almost non-existence editing that Jen and Lorenzo’s budding chemistry and friendship received on air, I realize it may be difficult for many to support their “real world” attempts to figure out what transpired between them in their whirlwind experience in “Eden.” But I think it is telling that Lorenzo when asked about friends’ reactions noted that “It was funny because a lot of them picked Jen from the beginning saying that she was my type.” I wish them the best and hope they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches'n cream;2159639;
    I don’t think either Lorenzo or Jen deserve the backlash they have been receiving on these boards. Given the almost non-existence editing that Jen and Lorenzo’s budding chemistry and friendship received on air, I realize it may be difficult for many to support their “real world” attempts to figure out what transpired between them in their whirlwind experience in “Eden.” But I think it is telling that Lorenzo when asked about friends’ reactions noted that “It was funny because a lot of them picked Jen from the beginning saying that she was my type.” I wish them the best and hope they make it.

Agreed Completely!!! I quit coming to post here because of all the Jen bashing, I really thought there wouldn't be any on here, and I thought that the Sadie fans would not put Jen down so much and just be happy for her, but I was very wrong. So I stuck with another board to chat about the final couple. But I read your post Peaches'n cream, and I thought it was totally positive and hopeful! Thanks for brightening my day!! You too Blondie!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I heard that Lorenzo and Jen appear on "Inside edition" today as well and are rather cuddly with each other...of course it is easier when you don't have to sit hin those hard bar stools that R&K provided for them this morning!