Page 2 of 270 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

new blurb but with good photos

Great photos Pajamasam! Is that Yvonne standing up and clapping with a big smile on her face? If so, she seems out of character with her bachelorette photo.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    pajamasam, thanks for the article... I posted two of the pictures in the bachelorette thread, I hope that was ok...

here is another article revealing a little about Travis's past...

'Bachelor' got his start in Wichita

Travis Stork may have gone to Paris to find his true love in the new season of ABC's "The Bachelor," but the 33-year-old hottie spent part of his childhood right here in the Air Capital.
    Stork moved to Wichita in 1975 at the age of 3 when his father, Roger Stork, took a job at the Ralston Purina Co. His family lived in Wichita for four years, and Stork attended kindergarten and first grade at McCollom Elementary.
    "Wichita had the typical warm, friendly-type atmosphere," said Donna Stork, Travis Stork's mother.
    "The Bachelor: Paris" begins Jan. 9. Stork, an emergency room doctor who is completing his residency at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, will choose his potential bride from 25 women competing for his affections.
    As is typical on the show, the family of the bachelor gets airtime on the show.
    "It's been a great experience," his mother said. "With it being in Paris, we had a great chance to travel and... to meet lovely women."

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Thank you for the article Cafegirl. Wow, Travis's family seemed to move around quite a bit. I wonder if that had an impact on him?

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    Thank you for the article Cafegirl. Wow, Travis's family seemed to move around quite a bit. I wonder if that had an impact on him?
    or perhaps he is so used to moving to a different city that he won't be afraid to choose someone from a different part of the country . . .
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Set your tapes, my friends....

Travis Stork will be on the View, Monday, January 9th

Mon 1/9
    The View
    description: TV personalities Connie Chung and Maury Povich; Travis Stork (``The Bachelor''); author Sharon Rocha.

rating: TV-14

duration: 60 min
    link

Let's just hope that when they ask him if he fell in love he has the guts/permission from producers to say yes. I really dont care if there is a proposal or not. I loved the way Outback Jack ended. I dont think too many people fall in love instantly (though my father proposed to my mother on their second date ). I just cant stand it when they are interviewed and say " Oh I couldnt be happier with the way things turned out. I am so happy."

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    Let's just hope that when they ask him if he fell in love he has the guts/permission from producers to say yes. I really dont care if there is a proposal or not. I loved the way Outback Jack ended. I dont think too many people fall in love instantly (though my father proposed to my mother on their second date ). I just cant stand it when they are interviewed and say " Oh I couldnt be happier with the way things turned out. I am so happy."
    I say, AMEN to that, pajamasam!!! I want a "real romance".. but none of this vague.... I'm happy with.. blah, blah, blah!!

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Travis Stork will be on the View, Monday, January 9th

link
    I will be sure to watch it. Thank you for the scoop Cafegirl!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    I'm ambivalent about that. While all that fake happy-happy stuff is quite stupid, especially when he's not happy, this show was built on the fantasy element. Take out the fantasy and all that reality gets boring. I think the bachelor has a responsibility to uphold his end of the bargain and make the fantasy complete. Sometimes even a non-proposal can be romantic if done the right way.

I definitely I also prefer a slight lie at the end to a Jen type massacre, so if the Bachelor really doesn't want anyone... I guess, I don't care as long as he does a good job of providing a nice ending. Take the girl out a few times, give it a try and don't cheat us out of an ending with some closure. After being on the show together for so many weeks, I don't believe the Bachelor couldn't tolerate a bit of dating with his final choice, make a good faith effort before he says it's not working out. That's the least he can do.

If he wants to give out a ring, that's up to him, but I think the only ring on this show should be an engagement ring. Everything else is a cop-out ring, no matter what they call it.
    No more moronic "promise ring", whatever the hell that is.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV