Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

FORT Newbie
    Based on the family visits and people's responses, I finally realized where the difference is between Jen and Sadie.
    Sadie's parents treat her as an adult. They show her respect and trust her judgement. I thinkthat Sadie has her own home, because these are hometown visits, not bachelorette house visits. I think that Lisa lives near her parents, where Sadie does not. Jen, I believe lives with them.
    Jen's parents treat her like a child. When her dad is questioning Lorenzo, Jen acepts his questions as due. I don't think her parents treat her as an adult and don't seem to trust her judgement. As their baby girl, I can understand that, but she is 23/24 (sorry, I get the ages confused). She needs to grow up sometime. Is that Lorenzo's responsibilty?
    Lorenzo's call will have to come down to the girls themselves. Yes, Jen will move, but will she also expect him to support her finacially, while she is in school? Sadie is out on her own and supporting herself (I am assuming based on job staus). Jen returning to school will also mean the return to campus life. I think Lorenzo will have to think very hard about the women her wants on his arm and the on he feels comfortable with as his wife. He loves them both, so his heart has made a decision and he seems to be struggling with thinking with his mind.

Yes, Jen will move, but will she also expect him to support her finacially, while she is in school?
    Well, sometimes wives put their husbands through school and sometimes husbands put their wives throught school. It just depends on the circumstance. It's very hard when both do it simultaneously. I dont think it's a positive or negative thing either way.
    Jen's parents treat her like a child.
    That may well be, but some parents of adults do this forever, with any and all of their children. Eventually she will move out of their home and will have to deal with this treatment as respectfully as she can.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's an article about AndrewFirestone but what's fun is at the end when they list what's happened to all the preview guys and gals and I enjoyed hearing that Natalie and Vadim from Outback Jack are expecting a baby.

Reality of TV love is heartbreak

By TARA MERRIN - Calgary Sun

Andrew Firestone's life is certainly on track.

The former Bachelor is in a long-term relationship, works for his family's vineyard, owns a couple of restaurants and is the host of the new HD show Billionaires Car Club.

"Being a Firestone, I know cars. I have been a gear-head my whole life, so it was a natural fit," says the 31-year-old Californian.

"One of the things I've tried to do is to never do anything that was outside the realm of what I understood. Cars are something I understand."

The series, distributed by American Television Distribution, will be aired on INHD, a leading pay-per-view and video-on- demand provider in the U.S., in early 2007.

It takes a behind-the-scenes look inside the restoration of rare automobiles and features the elite culture which surrounds the people who own the most expensive cars in the world.

"There is this passion that is almost infectious when you meet these guys and talk to them. Not only is it cool to look in their garages and see these $1 million cars, but it's cool to talk to them," says Firestone. "You almost start to sympathize about how crazy they are about these cars."

Aside from a few cool opportunities such as Billionaires Boys Club, Firestone says his life is mostly the same as it was before he became The Bachelor in 2003.

Only now, he has a serious girlfriend -- actress Ivana Bozilovic.

"We met through a mutual friend just sort of randomly, but the saving grace was she was out of the country when my show was airing so she never saw it," he says, adding they currently have no plans to wed.

"I think anytime you are in a relationship for a long time it is always a consideration, but ... we are both giving it time to make sure it's the right thing."

As far as his relationship with Jen Schefft, the woman he proposed to on the finale of the show, Firestone says it's pretty much non-existent.

"We parted on as good of terms as we probably could have, but there is no text messaging back-and-forth or anything like that."

And although his time on The Bachelor did not turn out as planned, Firestone has no regrets.

"It was certainly difficult at times and I wouldn't do it again, but I had fun."

WHERE ARE THEY NOW ...

Trista Rehn: After choosing Ryan Sutter in Season 1 of the Bachelorette, Rehn, who was also on The Bachelor, was married on TV in December 2003. She then appeared on the first season of Dancing With the Stars before returning home Colorado where her and Sutter hope to raise a family.

Alex Michel: Since 2002, the former Bachelor has become the spokesperson for Match.com, guest-starred on The Re-Run Show and produced a short film in which he starred. He's also an investment adviser.

Aaron Buerge: It didn't work out with Helene Eksterowicz, but Buerge didn't let that slow him down. After The Bachelor 2 ended, he opened a restaurant in Springfield, Miss., near his hometown.

Bob Guiney: Today you might find Guiney, who is married to All My Children star Rebecca Budig, on TV as a frequent field correspondent for The View or co-hosting Battle of the Reality Stars. The star of Bachelor and Bachelorette is also the lead singer of The Bob Guiney Band, formerly Fat Amy.

Jesse Palmer: Palmer and Bachelor mate Jessica Bowlin are old news -- their relationship lasted only a couple of months. He is now a Canadian Football League backup quarterback for the Montreal Alouettes.

Byron Velvick: While Bachelor Velvick has been keeping his private life with finance Mary Degado private, it appears they're still together and may be married (They had previously announced they would wed in early 2006). Aside from that, Velvick has won a number of bass fishing events.

Charlie O'Connell: Breakup rumours are flying in regards to O'Connell and his Bachelor choice Sarah Brice, but nothing is confirmed. He has been busy acting, recently in a sci-fi TV movie, Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep.

Travis Stork: Just four months after the show ended, Bachelor Travis Stork and Sarah Stone publicly announced they had split. Since then, the good doctor has completely vanished from the media spotlight.

Meredith Phillips: Bachelorette Phillips, who appeared on TV shows The View, On Air with Ryan Seacrest and E's 101, brokeup with her pick Ian McKee in February 2005. The former model/makeup artist appears to have gone into hiding.

Jen Schefft: Schefft, who made Bachelorette history when she rejected marriage proposals from her final two suitors, is still single and proud of it. She is currently writing a book Better Single Than Sorry.

Joe Millionaire: Evan Marriott, who turned down a job with Entertainment Tonight, is desperately holding on to his 15 minutes of fame. In 2004, he became the host of Fake-a-Date on the Game Show Network and appeared on Battle of the Network Reality Stars in 2005.

Melana Scantlin: The Average Joe star became co-host of World Series of Blackjack. Her reality fame led to appearance on various programs, such as Days of Our Lives, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Live with Regis and Kelly.

Adam Mesh: Mesh, 30, who starred in the original Average Joe and its sequel, Average Joe: Adam Returns, wed Jessica Malca, 25, in May. The couple met in 2004 after his relationship with Adam Returns winner Samantha Trenk fizzled.

Outback Jack: In 2005, Vadim Dale moved to Kentucky and married his pick Natalie Franzman. The couple, who are now expecting their first child, became huge celebrities in New Zealand after competing in Celebrity Treasure Island: Couples at War (the New Zealand version of Survivor).

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I just loved Outback Jack so muchmore than any of the Bachelor series. Fleiss should have stayed with Bruce Nash a bit longer. Could have learned that you can even do a dating reality show with class.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2129301;
    I just loved Outback Jack so muchmore than any of the Bachelor series. Fleiss should have stayed with Bruce Nash a bit longer. Could have learned that you can even do a dating reality show with class.

Oh I loved outback too. Huge!!! Love that they now have a child & are happy. Who would have thunk!!! LOL

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2129316;
    Oh I loved outback too. Huge!!! Love that they now have a child & are happy. Who would have thunk!!! LOL
    That was the best show. The one dumped kind of reminded me of Moana. I wonder if today the two are still together.

Yes they are together and is expecting a baby. That was by far the most entertaining a loving show so far. I still have my tapes. Now I will pull it out and watch again.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRREL;2129030;
    Based on the family visits and people's responses, I finally realized where the difference is between Jen and Sadie.
    Sadie's parents treat her as an adult. They show her respect and trust her judgement. I thinkthat Sadie has her own home, because these are hometown visits, not bachelorette house visits. I think that Lisa lives near her parents, where Sadie does not. Jen, I believe lives with them.
    Jen's parents treat her like a child. When her dad is questioning Lorenzo, Jen acepts his questions as due. I don't think her parents treat her as an adult and don't seem to trust her judgement. As their baby girl, I can understand that, but she is 23/24 (sorry, I get the ages confused). She needs to grow up sometime. Is that Lorenzo's responsibilty?
    Lorenzo's call will have to come down to the girls themselves. Yes, Jen will move, but will she also expect him to support her finacially, while she is in school? Sadie is out on her own and supporting herself (I am assuming based on job staus). Jen returning to school will also mean the return to campus life. I think Lorenzo will have to think very hard about the women her wants on his arm and the on he feels comfortable with as his wife. He loves them both, so his heart has made a decision and he seems to be struggling with thinking with his mind.
    Thanks for saying this, Squirrel ! I think you summed up the family dynamics quite well based on what I saw on the homedates.
    Sadie's family - we trust and support your decisions but Be Careful
    Jen's family - dad - don't hurt my little girl, mom- best friends almost like sisters.
    Not to say either is right or wrong its just different approaches and LOR has to decide which is best for him.
    Last edited by sluether28; 11-05-2006 at 09:44 AM. Reason: change wording

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;2129792;
    Thanks for saying this, Squirrel ! I think you summed up the family dynamics quite well based on what I saw on the homedates.
    Sadie's family - we trust and support your decisions but Be Careful
    Jen's family - dad - don't hurt my little girl, mom- best friends almost like sisters.
    Not to say either is right or wrong its just different approaches and LOR has to decide which is best for him.

I agree totally & have said much the same thing. I am a Sadie fan but I must admit that Lisa's dad was pretty good too & a fun family. Quirky in some ways so we know why Lisa is a little too. LOL

Article in the NOW section of Today's New York Daily News.

Reality Bites
    The Bachelor

by Amy Diluna

There are a lot of ways to be a great best friend. You tell someone she looks pretty when she dresses up. You take her out on her birthday. You don’t, probably, barge in on one of her nationally televised dates with a wedding dress for her to try on, then reveal her insane five-year plan (get married, have kids by 30) to the dude. But this is what Lisa’s BF Ali did last week. “I know that Ali will be a great maid of honor,” said Lisa. Also disturbing: That Lisa judges people by their role in her future wedding. It wasn’t the only bizarre thing that happen when Lorenzo visited Lisa in Portland, on his tour de chick that brought him around the country with the final four. Lisa’s mom is a Pilates instructor, which meant a quick lesson after dinner. “Lisa, you should have told me to bring my workout gear,” he tried to joke, kindly. In other hometown visit news, Jen’s dad pulled out a rifle, Sadie’s family is predictably perky and Agnese’s doesn’t speak any English (Lorenzo, dude – learn Italian!), which led to her eventual dismissal. Lisa stayed.

Now That’s Good TV: “I think that Lorenzo seeing me in the wedding dress was like, “Oh my God, maybe I could marry this girl,” said Lisa. Oh right – that was the plan. To trick him into thinking he wants to marry you. This train’s headed straight to Crazytown, with a stop in Delusionville first.