Page 14 of 270 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

Linda Holmes may have seen all of the bachelor/ettes, but she glosses over the positive and stresses the negative.
    I agree, kmjm. I didn't really like the cynicism of the MSNBC article, either. It's not really why I watch the show. While I'm morbidly fascinated by the women who make fools of themselves, and the guys who show the world what jerks they really are, I still hope for a real romance to develop. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    Linda Holmes may have seen all of the bachelor/ettes, but she glosses over the positive and stresses the negative. She doesn't even mention Meredith and Ian. Although they broke up, they did find love. Many of the great classical love stories feature couples that are doomed to failure in the real world. Not that I equate this B grade entertainment with Romeo and Juliet, but I do watch this series in hopes of seeing a love story happen, however temporary. Trista and Ryan have made a go of it, and Sarah and Charlie, Mary and Byron are still together. Even Jen and Andrew I believe were sincere and did their best to make it work, well at least Andrew!

We discuss Alex, Aaron, Jesse, Blob and Jen with contempt precisely because they didn't give us the sincerity we were hoping for. All the cynical stuff that Linda writes about is there, and it can be pretty amusing and great fun to snark about, but that isn't the only or even the main reason why I watch! I guess I'd have to say I watch the show in spite of all the crap that Fleiss throws our way, not because of it.
    Precisely, kmjm! When I read Linda Holmes' article, I thought to myself: "Who do you think you are, to speak for all of us, as to why we watch this show?!?!" She may be amusing, but I resent someone telling me why I do something.

Video for bachelor has Allie talking about her reroductive stage. you may have to copy and paste into browser not sure..

http://online.tvguide.com/Video/Vide...dir=showvideos

Quote Originally Posted by LuvnIt View Post
    Video for bachelor has Allie talking about her reroductive stage. you may have to copy and paste into browser not sure..

Oh, this was TOOO priceless for words. Nice to see some of the women's reactions when Travis revealed he was a doctor...several looked like sharks ready for a feeding frenzy.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by LuvnIt View Post

That was priceless! Thanks for finding that. She apparently hasn't seen "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!" That's the quickest way to get rid of a guy. . . and the quickest way to get labeled as psycho by America.

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    That was priceless! Thanks for finding that. She apparently hasn't seen "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!" That's the quickest way to get rid of a guy. . . and the quickest way to get labeled as psycho by America.
    Excellent point Charity. Loved that movie.

This certainly points the distinction between IQ (intelligence to be a doctor) and EIQ (Emotional Intelligence.)
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I am watching it now and had to pause. I just couldnt get thru it. I am dying. Why would you say that to a guy before the first date? I dont think I have a strong enough constitution to get thru this. I feel so mortified for her. eeeeek.
    Ok - I got through it. Yvonne's bemused expression helped.Thankfully, the rotting eggs statement was made in an interview after their chat and not to Travis directly.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.

new article on Travis

Just found an article in the local paper here in Nashville about Travis that you all should enjoy. It is at www.tennessean.com.

That video was painful to watch

Okay , as a physician that had to be the most!!!!!!!painful video to watch. This woman droning on about reproduction when she just met someone. Folks common sense ain't common. I literally covered my eyes , it was like watching a damn car wreck. I think I will sedate myself prior to watching this show. Again, Oh My God!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vecgirl2! View Post
    Okay , as a physician that had to be the most!!!!!!!painful video to watch. This woman droning on about reproduction when she just met someone. Folks common sense ain't common. I literally covered my eyes , it was like watching a damn car wreck. I think I will sedate myself prior to watching this show. Again, Oh My God!!!!!!!
    Vecgirl, you are funny!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas