Page 13 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

FORT Fan
    Pajamasam, you are dead on about the msnbc site. Linda Holmes had to have seen all the shows! Am surprized she didn't mention all the forums. The FORT deserved to be mentioned!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    Pajamasam, you are dead on about the msnbc site. Linda Holmes had to have seen all the shows! Am surprized she didn't mention all the forums. The FORT deserved to be mentioned!
    Yeah, SophieMae, as I was reading her article which is pretty insightful, I thought the one area of reasons for watching this show,she left out is the fun of the hunt for clues and she should have given us guys at the FORT and other forums some recognition!!! :nono
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

sophie Linda is a network executive and recapper at another television website. She recaps three reality shows (and has done so for years), and writes about television for Msnbc (among other things.). She is a very witty writer. She has written, in her blog, very insightfully , about dating and dating advice books. I love her stuff! Her recaps of Amazing Race leave me screeching out loud and laughing til my face hurts. But since she is involved in another tv website she probably steers clear of talking about that site as well as the Fort so as not to bring in a conflict of interest into her criticism of tv shows.

confirmation of the ballistic one

The Charlotte Observer has a piece on the show and it confirms that the one that goes ballistic is one of the docs. It is at Charlotte Observer.com

She really sounds crazed. So crazed that I am beginning to feel sorry for her.
    You can read the article back one page in LuvnIt's post. vecgirl I highly recommend the MSNBC article that I cited above as well. Lots of good info coming out now that the show is up.

FORT Fan
    Linda Holmes may have seen all of the bachelor/ettes, but she glosses over the positive and stresses the negative. She doesn't even mention Meredith and Ian. Although they broke up, they did find love. Many of the great classical love stories feature couples that are doomed to failure in the real world. Not that I equate this B grade entertainment with Romeo and Juliet, but I do watch this series in hopes of seeing a love story happen, however temporary. Trista and Ryan have made a go of it, and Sarah and Charlie, Mary and Byron are still together. Even Jen and Andrew I believe were sincere and did their best to make it work, well at least Andrew!

We discuss Alex, Aaron, Jesse, Blob and Jen with contempt precisely because they didn't give us the sincerity we were hoping for. All the cynical stuff that Linda writes about is there, and it can be pretty amusing and great fun to snark about, but that isn't the only or even the main reason why I watch! I guess I'd have to say I watch the show in spite of all the crap that Fleiss throws our way, not because of it.

There is a photo in the Jan 16th Star Magazine of the 25 bachelorettes and a Q&A from Travis. I scanned it into my computer but can't seem to get it from there to here.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvnIt View Post
    There is a photo in the Jan 16th Star Magazine of the 25 bachelorettes and a Q&A from Travis. I scanned it into my computer but can't seem to get it from there to here.
    luvnIt, I think you can get a free membership to a site like photobucket where you can post the picture from your computer and then post it here (some of those who are more familiar w/ this would have to give you the specifics because I've never done it, just read about it). Is the picture a group picture of them like they've done for past shows or the individual pictures?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    luvnIt, I think you can get a free membership to a site like photobucket where you can post the picture from your computer and then post it here (some of those who are more familiar w/ this would have to give you the specifics because I've never done it, just read about it). Is the picture a group picture of them like they've done for past shows or the individual pictures?

Cafegirl, yes it is a group picture like they have done in the past.

Here is the group photo and Q& A from Travis.. Thanks Cafegirl for the advice i got it i guess Except now i don't know how to make it so you can read it sorry .