Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

The "news" about T&S are welcome but not surprising... come on let's be realistic! IF Paris couldn't create the fire, do you really think Nashville can?

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS-------> Where is Moana? What is Moana thinking? What is she doing? How many supposedly friends are moving to South Cali? What are her make-up tips? Is she available for a date? etc. etc.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    I still want them to add a Worst Impression Black Tulip on the first night, to be awarded to the first Bachelorette who says anything stupid like "reproductive phase", followed by her immediate departure.
    Say, Randal, I like that idea, the Blossom of Doom! We have that creapy luggage guy immediately come forth with his skull cap and black outfit and pick up the bachelorette, throw her over his shoulder and take her out!! Now that would be fun to watch those girls squirm!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Say, Randal, I like that idea, the Blossom of Doom! We have that creapy luggage guy immediately come forth with his skull cap and black outfit and pick up the bachelorette, throw her over his shoulder and take her out!! Now that would be fun to watch those girls squirm!!
    Maybe it might be better to do away with the Rose Ceremonies and have a Tulip Ceremony every week, with the Bachelorettes standing on trapdoors. If he hands her a tulip, the floor gives away and she drops immediately into a straw-filled truck bed for the ride back the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9 View Post
    I bet they will have a LOT less viewers after this trainwreck, though. Everyone was rooting for Moana - they bungled that and pissed off maybe 3/4 of the audience, and then this Travis/Sarah non-relationship probably ticked off a lot of the others. They've got to have figured that out. They may totally scrap it rather than be forced to totally lose face next season when like NO ONE watches.
    Of course we will all be back! I wouldn't miss the snarking and sleuthing on this site for the world. You guys have been soooo much fun!

Besides, just the mere fact that this show is still on is a testament to the resiliency of the fans. There has been one failure after another, yet we still watched. Now the couple doesn't even have to keep the pretense of a relationship, a la Blob and Jesse. Still, we will watch for our own reasons. Some of us will watch to snark (looking at you Ms. Froggy! ) Some of us will watch in the hopes that this couple will beat the odds, like Charlie and Byron before them (pretty much everybody on the Sarah train fell into this category this year). Some of us will watch for the same reason why people slow down to see really bad car wrecks - because you can't turn away. Some will watch for the whole soap opera aspect of it. Whatever the reason, we will be back in droves. The outcome of this show won't change a thing, IMHO.

Yeah, I'll be back next time (if there is a next time) but only because I've discovered that snarking on this show is 100 times more enjoyable than actually rooting for one of these nutballs. There is no *way* I felt like that during Meredith's season, when Ian had me at that first smile. *sigh* I felt strongly for Jerry as well, so Jenn pretty much ruined me for actually caring about this show. Snarking, though, is far too much fun to let pass by if there's a next time.

Having said that, if the next show is a Bachelorette and I start to post absurd Pro-Contestant-X rantings, someone please feel free to slap me upside the head (figuratively, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Maybe it might be better to do away with the Rose Ceremonies and have a Tulip Ceremony every week, with the Bachelorettes standing on trapdoors. If he hands her a tulip, the floor gives away and she drops immediately into a straw-filled truck bed for the ride back the airport.

"Louisa, will you accept this tulip?"
    "Why yes Alfonso!!"

"Margarita, will you accept this tulip?"
    "Oh, Alfonso! Of course!"

"What about meeeee??"
    "Sorry, Esmeralda, I just wasn't feeling it, you know..."
    "You bastaaaaa..." - drops down into hay truck.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    you know everyone will come back. After Jen's season, everyone said they weren't going to watch again, even after Jesse's and Bob's and Charlie's, yet, we return!

I'll be back with you. Until then I'll see you around the Amazing Race forum.

FORT Newbie
    Brad Schmidt's column

Wednesday, 03/08/06
    Travis: 'Do we look at each other? . . . Ignore each other?'

Seems like the big Travis Stork/ Sarah Stone split story yesterday didn't surprise too many of you.

I had dozens of e-mails saying you thought Travis and Sarah didn't have much chemistry on The Bachelor: Paris.

Travis, though, told me in that joint interview Monday that what he and Sarah had in Paris rocked.

"You develop all these lasting memories, and we did have such an incredible relationship in Paris, and I think the unique thing that Sarah and I found is someone that we both trust that we care about," he said.

"I think the unique thing that Sarah and I shared, both in Paris and even now, is this ability to relate to each other. When people would see us laughing together and having those moments, it was just this wonderful relationship."

Alas, the mandated time apart between the end of the show taping (November) and the end of the show airing (February) may have proved too much.

FORT Newbie
    from www.jacksonsun.com
    Jackson native Sarah Stone and 'Bachelor' Travis Stork have split

By BRAD SCHMITT
    and KELLY B. SOUTH
    The Tennessean

kbsouth@jacksonsun.com

Sarah and Travis are no longer together?

Say it isn't so.

In a joint phone interview with The Tennessean on Monday, Dr. Travis Stork and Jackson native Sarah Stone - united romantically in the Feb. 27 finale of ABC's "The Bachelor: Paris" - said they are no longer a couple. It is the first time that Stork, a Vanderbilt ER physician, and Stone, a Nashville kindergarten teacher, have spoken publicly since the show ended.

The public relations firm representing Stone denied The Jackson Sun's requests for an interview, which were initially made prior to the show's finale.

Sarah and Travis did two interviews Monday, and that is all they will be allowed to do, the spokesperson said on Tuesday. She added that the firm has control over what media Sarah talks to for one year.

(This from the hometown newspaper of Sarah Stone. The rest of the news story is exactly what was in the previous day's Tennessean story.)

Quote Originally Posted by ohforheavensake View Post
    Brad Schmidt's column

Wednesday, 03/08/06
    "I think the unique thing that Sarah and I shared, both in Paris and even now, is this ability to relate to each other. When people would see us laughing together and having those moments, it was just this wonderful relationship."
    When people would see them? What about alone together, not so much? It sounds like the guy thinks they should be nominated for Emmys.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!