Page 10 of 270 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Stories on Bachelor 8 and 9

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I thought I'd share an the ABC newsletter email I got today because I liked the picture and format.. nothing new in it though..
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    I thought I'd share an the ABC newsletter email I got today because I liked the picture and format.. nothing new in it though..
    That's also the advertisement that was in US Weekly. I scanned the top left earlier in the thread. Thanks for putting that in here cafegirl. They sure are promoting the heck out of this one. It's all or nothing for Fleiss this time!

This page is exactly what is on the back of the Enquirer (I peeked at the drug store). And they are advertising the heck out of it probably because they've got a winner with this one. A good bachelor. Some good choices of women. Great dates and trips. A classier series than the kegger/body shots/drunk quarterback shows. Hope the classier it gets the more viewers are watching.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-05-2006 at 12:01 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Like I said in my post, I think she meant 6 weeks... or else, Jehan took a leave of absence from her work and family and gave that as an excuse!
    Sorry...shows what I get for trying to quickly scan posts while I am at work!

Darn! Here I thought ABC mailed that to me to let me know that I was going to win the Paris trip!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

In Touch Weekly article

http://www.intouchweekly.com

This Doc is Looking for Love!

Travis Stork never watched an episode of The Bachelor, so when a casting director approached him to be the show's latest leading man, he had no intention of signing on. It wasn't until the 33-year-old emergency room doctor talked to his sister, Andrea, that he realized he just couldn't turn down this chance at romance. "She was thrilled and said, 'You better see this through or I am going to kill you!'" Travis tells In Touch.

Taking a break from his final year of residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., Travis flew to Paris in October to shoot the eighth season of the ABC series. Producers put him up in a 14th-century chateau on the outskirts of the city, where he met 25 potential paramours. "It was such an incredible opportunity to step away form my life as a resident and really focus on my personal life," says Travis, whose last serious relationship ended more than a year ago.

While he doesn't have a specific type ("I'm not someone who says I like blondes or brunettes"), Travis does admit, "I like women who are geniune. The women on the show are all very attractive, energetic and fun. That's what made this experience so great."

He's got the pulse of the city~
    It was Travis' second time visiting the City of Light; he spent a summer backpacking there after graduating from Duke in 1994. "I experienced Paris on a shoestring then, staying in hostles," he says. "And my companions, my college buddies, weren't nearly as pretty!"

So did this hunky doctor find his dreamgirl? He won't say. But Travis is happy he took a chance at finding love. "Doing this is a bit like medical school," he says. "I'm really glad I did it, but couldn't do it again!"

Quotes with pics ~

"I wanted to do something that had meaning," says Travis about his decision to become a doctor.

Working hard ~ After an 11-hour shift, Travis says, "I've seen a lot of patients."

Staying in shape ~ Travis likes to hike and he rides his bike to work every day.

Chilling out ~ Travis got his dog, Nala, during his first year of medical school (it's a big dog too! very pretty!)
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

BlondieGal, thank you for patiently posting all of that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal View Post
    http://www.intouchweekly.com

This Doc is Looking for Love!
    , Andrea, that he realized he just couldn't turn down this chance at romance. "She was thrilled and said, 'You better see this through or I am going to kill you!'" Travis tells In Touch.
    Do you think Andrea reads the FORT forum??? Hi, Andrea, if you're reading this and thank you for convincing Travis to be our Bachelor!! The majority of us here are already fans!!!

While he doesn't have a specific type Travis does admit, "I like women who are geniune. The women on the show are all very attractive, energetic and fun. That's what made this experience so great."
    Well, judging from the girls he's hugging and kissing in the screencaps and what we know about some of them from their myspace pages, it's a real shame he couldn't have read what these girls are REALLY thinking!! :nono

So did this hunky doctor find his dreamgirl? He won't say. But Travis is happy he took a chance at finding love. "Doing this is a bit like medical school," he says. "I'm really glad I did it, but couldn't do it again!"
    ok, does this mean he doesn't want to do it again because it was too tortuous and he didn't find anyone to make it worth all the invasion of his privacy??? OR does it mean he couldn't do it again because he DID find a woman and so he doesn't need to do it again??

He's been trained well with his evasive quotes!!

He really sounds pretty funny and I guess those werent scripted lines base on the GMA interview which was live and impromptu. So I gather he is genuinely witty. Oh, like we all needed more to like. I take the med school comment to mean that it was a very difficult but ultimately worthwhile means to a good end. But then, I,m feeling optimistic today.

Get this.. Jimmy Kimmel's schedule for next week

SCHEDULED GUESTS ON ABC'S "JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE," JANUARY 9 - JANUARY 13

THis is a first, as far as I can remember and which of the 13 women would be considered the first one cast off???? He doesn't announce the rejects, just the ones he selects!!!! Maybe this is the woman who goes ballistic??

"Jimmy Kimmel Live," which airs every weeknight (12:05-1:05 a.m., ET, following "Nightline"), features a diverse lineup of guests that includes celebrities, athletes, musical acts, comedians, human interest subjects and dangerously crazy people -- along with comedy bits and a house band.

Following are the guests scheduled to appear on the program the week of January 9 - January 13 (subject to change):

MONDAY, JANUARY 9
    1. Actor Dominic Monaghan ("Lost") 2. First woman cast off from "The Bachelor" 3. Musical guest Lil' Wayne
    http://abcmedianet.com/pressrel/disp...l?id=010506_03

Wow. Interesting. Could be the ballistic girl. Which could be Lollipop. Havent heard from her past few days. Maybe she's ecstatic because she is going to get a tv interview and all is forgiven.