Page 639 of 642 FirstFirst ... 139539589629630631632633634635636637638639640641642 LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6419

Thread: Finalists - Speculation & Spoilers

Lisa:

I don't think that Jen has a soul-mate connection with Jerry at all -- at least not one that will last more than six months after the show is over. Maybe I'm just too cynical?

-E

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Barmack
    Lisa:

I don't think that Jen has a soul-mate connection with Jerry at all -- at least not one that will last more than six months after the show is over. Maybe I'm just too cynical?

-E
    MAYBE?

I'm not all that cynical, well ok I have my moments, but I did see some kind of connection/chemistry on screen between Jen and Jerry. I'm just not sure it will last long based on all the other couples on this show. It's difficult enough in the 'real' world to keep a relationship going. I can't imagine if it was subject to the slings and arrows of the media, the critics, and the public.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapit
    I just rewatched that interview last night and thought the same thing. Also, I have been one that has been looking for a romance with JP and found my own in screencaps (a few pages back)

It really doesn't matter to me who wins the girl........I agree with Ben when he said his article that a lot of the guys realized they won by not winning the rose.

I'm still not convinced that Jen is "ready for a steady". Maybe she will prove me wrong and for the sake of the show future, I hope she does.

Just a thought...

The fact that Ben has said that a "lot of the guys realized they won by not winning.." makes me believe that he knows more than he's letting on...

If Andrew's comment was the only thing that made Ben reconsider his estimation of Jen, then perhaps he would have been more forgiving... He might see it as one-time knock, just one rumor against Jen....

However, for him to come out and say what he has leads me to believe that he's considering more evidence... that he can not share....

FORT Newbie
    You all could be more right than me, I admit. I don't think it's cynical to think that there is no connection between Jen and Jerry, or that they won't last - I mean all of us watching us are at the mercy of the editing and TPTB. None of us really know what was actually going on, and I'm afraid to say that perhaps those of us who really felt something special was happening between Jen and Jerry may be the victims of cruel manipulation.

I hope not, but I guess this is the very reason that we keep on watching this stupid thing - they've got us right where they want us - in complete and total ignorance - and we've got to see it through to the end

Sooo, if Jen and Jerry are for real, I'll and probably if there is talk of love at first sight (I'm hopeless, I know). And if I've been completely mislead by TPTB, then I'll be and will have to tell the producers to kiss my big fat . I will also in humble recognition and admiration to those of you who weren't sucked into this whole "You had me at hello" thing between Jen and Jerry.

It's going to be verrrrryyy interesting!! I can't wait - do you think my 8 year old would mind going to bed now, just to make sure that I don't miss anything at 8:00?

Quote Originally Posted by SueSt
    Just a thought...

The fact that Ben has said that a "lot of the guys realized they won by not winning.." makes me believe that he knows more than he's letting on...

If Andrew's comment was the only thing that made Ben reconsider his estimation of Jen, then perhaps he would have been more forgiving... He might see it as one-time knock, just one rumor against Jen....

However, for him to come out and say what he has leads me to believe that he's considering more evidence... that he can not share....
    That is so true Sue..........I never gave much thought about what all Ben could know when he made that statement. All I could see was validation for my own thoughts. JMHO
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SueSt
    Just a thought...

Sue,
    Do you think that this may be because as time went on it became obvious to a lot of them that Jen and Jerry were meant to be together? And that therefore, the guys that kept on moving through the rose ceremonies were just destined to be dumped and therefore the guys that got out early were better off? Or do you really think he was dissing Jen? I really like Ben and he just strikes me as being too classy to say something that like about Jen personally. What are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaTaylor
    It's going to be verrrrryyy interesting!! I can't wait - do you think my 8 year old would mind going to bed now, just to make sure that I don't miss anything at 8:00?
    Yip .........better put the kids to bed early. Looks like ABC updated the rating on the show....http://www.abcmedianet.com/pressrel/index.html
    Monday, February 28
    10:00 - 11:00 PM
    CORRECTON (THE BACHELORETTE) - "After the Final Rose" - Delete TV-PG; insert TV-PG,L,S. (CLOSED-CAPTIONED)
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Fogey
    Sue,
    Do you think that this may be because as time went on it became obvious to a lot of them that Jen and Jerry were meant to be together? And that therefore, the guys that kept on moving through the rose ceremonies were just destined to be dumped and therefore the guys that got out early were better off? Or do you really think he was dissing Jen? I really like Ben and he just strikes me as being too classy to say something that like about Jen personally. What are you thinking?
    That is how I took Ben's comment, too, Lisa.
    Last edited by shoepie; 02-28-2005 at 05:05 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Sue,
    Lisa,

Good point.

As you suggest, some of it may be in consideration of what he has seen unfold on the show... However, his other articles never took such a strong position... that the participants were good to get out without a rose... so, I think he may be dissing her.... which might be considered classy if his friend (Jerry? JP?) was dissed by her (ie - the rumors about the quick break-up).

Of course, I could be wrong, but I found his comment to be uncharacteristic... and therefore it made me pause...

FORT Newbie
    I got the video to work which revealed the winner.

And like most of us knew it would be, it's Jerry.

Jen talks about how hard it was for her to stand there and listen to JP profess his feelings for her, and her to stand there thinking that in one minute she'll be telling him she doesn't feel the same way. She said that walking to the door was hard, because she understood that all he wanted to do was just "get the heck outta there". She says she knows what he's going through, but doesn't, because she knows what the day is like and she can't describe how awful she feels. At the end she basically says that even though she feels really bad, she knows that the next person that pulls up could be the person to change her life forever.