Thread: Finalists - Speculation & Spoilers

Heh, I wouldn't worry overly much about Jerry being without female companionship .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by cake
    A poster on another message board said she/he received a survey from US Weekly asking to pick the next cover. One of the choices was:

Jen Schefft, Bachelorette Heartbreak! She struck out again! Now Scheftt, 28, tells US why she's turned down marriage a second time.

I also thought this quote from Jerry in the Democrat/Chronicle article was telling:

Doesn't sound like a guy with a girlfriend.
    I thought the same thing, cake. It certainly doesn't sound like something I guy who won the girl would say. But maybe he's just grateful he made so many new friends. ???? I don't know.

And if she (Jen) truly struck out again as US Weekly implies, then this whole season has been a complete bust and a waste of time. Except for the scenes w/ Jerry, of course.

FORT Fan
    I saw that too, cake, but do you think that's a real headline for a real story? Interesting that it repeats the gossip that we've heard lately- makes you wonder about the source, and if ABC is seeding it.

FORT Newbie

Didn't Trista's Dad say the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz
    Who got the second date on Trista and Meredith's shows? I just heard Jen's dad say that they met JP first. They showed a clip on the Tony Danza show. He said that JP was so nice that he did not know if Jerry would be able to measure up or something.
    about Ryan after Charlie's date???

The countdown continues!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cake
    A poster on another message board said she/he received a survey from US Weekly asking to pick the next cover. One of the choices was:

Jen Schefft, Bachelorette Heartbreak! She struck out again! Now Scheftt, 28, tells US why she's turned down marriage a second time.

I also thought this quote from Jerry in the Democrat/Chronicle article was telling:

Doesn't sound like a guy with a girlfriend.
    I don't get whats the big deal about this statement though? I mean he obviously can't say "I have got a great girl". Its no different to JP talking about all the opportunities (girls) out ther for him. I mean Jerry did make lots of good friends with other bachelors. It was no surprise to me that he mentioned about it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderAC
    I don't get whats the big deal about this statement though? I mean he obviously can't say "I have got a great girl". Its no different to JP talking about all the opportunities (girls) out ther for him. I mean Jerry did make lots of good friends with other bachelors. It was no surprise to me that he mentioned about it.
    I agree it's not like they can say too much as their every word is analized, so they deflect the talk away from Jen.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by volleyMom
    Actually, I think you are wrong. Out of boredom last night I watched the last few episodes of Trista's show. Trista actually had the hot tub time with Charlie in one of the last episodes...it was in there that she and Charlie talked about naming a daughter "Charlie Rose". The only time Ryan was in the hot tub was during a group date at that spa--but all the guys were in there together, not Ryan alone.
    Actually I disagree with this. Trista and Ryan were in the Hottub on the house boat thing in the fantasy date in Seattle.

FORT Newbie
    Sounds like what happened on Meredith's show as well. Matt came first and they really liked him, she chose Ian. On Trista's show Charlie was first and her family really took to him as well. If they follow the same pattern and JP does go first and her dad remarks about not knowing if Jerry will measure up sounds like the kiss of death for JP.

Her being there at the Oscars, in this capacity, changed my mind a bit about her intentions, and her avowals that she's ready to ditch the limelight and return to obscurity. Moving to Oklahoma would certainly guarantee a swift burial of her relative fame. Does she want that now? Methinks not.
    This is a great analysis. Thanks.

Also, about the rumors. I could see if it was reported by one or two trash tabloids. But it's been run several places, including more mainstream media like People. I don't know, I guess I think that there has to be something more to it than just a ruse.

Edited to add: Now even TV Guide is reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderAC
    I agree. Based on the first night and photos from "The Men Tell All", Jerry seems especially close with Chris (Cleveland) and Kevin (NY). Neither one made it to the Final 15.