Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

I can only say that the finale turned me off. The other participants in the show may be as mean and dislikeable as ever, but that doesn't say much for Nick.

As far as I can tell, what turned me off was primarily Nick's vindictiveness, and whatever evoked it, vindictiveness is imo never an admirable response. Sometimes it can be understandable, but it's rarely a good or honorable thing. I wouldn't want to identify too much with someone else's and I don't see why some degree of understanding should lead to celebration of it. What Nick did, under the best interpretation, was rather repugnant. Two wrongs don't make a right--and I would doubt that anyone who acted that was was really very happy with himself; because that sort of hurtfulness toward others really hurts you too.
    jaytwo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The only problem with that is that he already knew the girl in question before he went on the show. He (like Ed), was seeing someone and "broke it off" just before the show. Sort of so that he could technically say he was single. As soon as the show ended, they went back to dating. Personally, I don't understand how these women have so little self respect to put up with that crap, but then what do I know.
    I don't either Midol. They must think very little of themselves to be treated in this manner.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, forgot to mention, did anyone else notice the way Rachel constantly referred to herself as a "widow" after Michael left? She said it again a few times on the finale. A widow is someone with a husband that died and Rachel's situation didn't have anywhere near that kind of gravity. I found it really irritating.

A poll on people's opinion of this outcome would be fun!
    NEPASue, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The only problem with that is that he already knew the girl in question before he went on the show. He (like Ed), was seeing someone and "broke it off" just before the show. Sort of so that he could technically say he was single. As soon as the show ended, they went back to dating. Personally, I don't understand how these women have so little self respect to put up with that crap, but then what do I know.
    I agree, I don't get women like that either. Michael came on the show to "find love", his words. I can only wonder how that made the other girl feel. Michael was all over Rachel. He obviously said things to her that we didn't get to hear that made her believe that there was going to be more to them than just a showmance. Sorry, but Michael came off like a tool this season. His ego clearly is getting the better of him.
    BTW, sclilred1, NEPASue and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

Eh, I've been a fan of Michael for a few years now, do I approve of all of his behavior on the show? no... but unlike some people *cough *cough Erica, he is really kind to the fans and nobody is perfect. I think in general he's still a great guy. But everybody is drawn to different personalities, so ya'll don't have to agree with me on that

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Eh, I've been a fan of Michael for a few years now, do I approve of all of his behavior on the show? no... but unlike some people *cough *cough Erica, he is really kind to the fans and nobody is perfect. I think in general he's still a great guy. But everybody is drawn to different personalities, so ya'll don't have to agree with me on that
    This is true. I have always thought of Michael as a bit of a "tool" and been amused by Erica. It's nice to hear that Michael is nice to *most* of his fans, although he was a complete jerk to Donna ("I'll fulfill a bit of her fantasy" or whatever it was that he said to her). So yeah, we don't agree but that's okay!
    wannasee likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    This is true. I have always thought of Michael as a bit of a "tool" and been amused by Erica. It's nice to hear that Michael is nice to *most* of his fans, although he was a complete jerk to Donna ("I'll fulfill a bit of her fantasy" or whatever it was that he said to her). So yeah, we don't agree but that's okay!
    Oh I agree he was a complete jerk to Donna, just most of the time he always willing to talk to fans, give them hugs take pictures ect...

Like I said he didn't exactly make me proud to be a fan of his this season :/ BUT I guess I like the guy enough to just kinda brush it off and go, well we can all do stupid stuff sometimes.
    Last edited by Mikesgirl83; 09-13-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention, did anyone else notice the way Rachel constantly referred to herself as a "widow" after Michael left? She said it again a few times on the finale. A widow is someone with a husband that died and Rachel's situation didn't have anywhere near that kind of gravity. I found it really irritating.
    This grated on me too. Every time she said that I winced a little.
    Does this girl (and I call her a girl deliberately) have no idea what a real relationship is? Or what it's like to really lose someone?

I just have no respect for these women (or men) who go on these Reality TV shows & become so obsessive about someone they really don't even know. Yeah, I know they lived in the house for a few weeks but it's in an artificial situation.
    It smacks of neediness, dependency & desperation. I have no respect or tolerance for any of those three things.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have a real problem with the bolded statement. As has been said before, these people acted like the in-clique in school and treated anyone who wasn't in their clique as a waste of space. Think about some of the things they said about and to the fans. Seriously, you believe every evidence of bullying and treating someone as an outcast it because they have done something to deserve it? I would maybe agree with you if we were talking about rational adults in a professional setting (but even there, I've seen plenty of cases of discounting someone for the dumbest reasons possible). I don't think Nick did anything to deserve it. I think these people acted like a bunch of high school kids and chose to shun someone who wasn't "like them". Sad to me that anyone would think the victims of this childish crap that goes on somehow deserved the treatment they got.
    I read Nick's blog today which was very informative buy very lengthy. At the end is said this: "Just about everyone approached me and said they were glad I did what I did. They lived in the house and understood...they said they would have done the same, or at least wanted to. I think I did what many people wanted to do, but wouldn't have the cajones to pull off. Of course they said it with a whisper and probably wouldn't admit to it publicly...but I know it's true.

And as far as after I pulled the Keep card, I was not gloating. Who's not excited about winning a bunch of money? I was the underdog...and it felt good to win being the guy that nobody ever expected to see win. And to stick it to those who thought they had it in the bag and thought I didn't deserve to be there for some reason.

I came into this game and clearly stated what I was here for: the money. I kept my focus. I stayed out of the petty drama throughout the season because I knew it would hurt my chances of winning. I didn't whore myself out. I didn't get belligerently drunk. I played the game straight up and fair. Planned on winning and sharing until I saw what everyone really thought about me, and decided to keep it all. No foul there."
    Jexter, NEPASue, mesachick and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I also like Michael. I think he made a mistake and got caught up in it all. I think he knows that now. Is he a bad guy? I don't think so. I won't judge someone based on a few bad decisions they made. The real question is whether he learns from it and where he goes from here.
    Rattus and Mikesgirl83 like this.

Closed Thread