Closed Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Agreed 100%. Nick can do whatever he wants with the money. He won it fair and square and doesn't owe anyone anything.

On his reaction at the finale, the main question I have is what was he supposed to say? How was he supposed to act? Quite frankly, these people talked down to him and dismissed him the entire season. They did it again at the finale, telling him he didn't deserve to win. Seriously, they needed to get off their high horses. Nothing he said was going to make it any better. Nothing he said was going to make it ok for her. She made that clear. He told her, point blank (and very clearly I might add) why he chose Keep. She still continued to ask him why he did that. If she wasn't going to listen to him the first two or three times he said it, then honestly, what could he have said that would have fixed things for her? What did he have to apologize for? He is entitled to change his mind, and I actually thought he made that clear at the finale. He had intended to share. And then he watched the episodes and saw how people were acting and what they were saying about him. He changed his mind. He is entitled to do that and doesn't owe her anything. She made the decisions in the things she said and what she and her clique did. Own them and deal with the consequences. I actually thought he was much more reserved than he could have been, given what they said and did all season.
    BTW, alizarules, Rattus and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    The bottom line for me, and why I don't feel particularly bad for Rachel is that while she helped win that last competition, if she had her way she and Nick would have been sitting at the finals against Ed & Jaclyn. Then neither one of them would have won any money. Nick single-handedly talked her out of that decision. That's when he won the game (& the money) as far as I'm concerned. He did what needed to be done to win the game. He owed Rachel nothing.
    I completely agree with you. That was the game changer as she wanted Ed and Jaclyn to be there at the end with them and we all know that Ed and Jaclyn would have won so Rachel still would have ended up with no money if he went along with her. The end clip also showed how none of these people really knew or cared about Nick. When Ed said when Nick walked in he thought Nick was a fan. That alone says a lot. I don't think Nick is part of this regular crowd so don't think he will feel bad at all for taking away the $250,000. Even Jaclyn admitted she told Rachel to choose Keep. Everyone would have been fine if Rachel did it to Nick, but in their eyes he is a jerk because he ended up doing the very thing they would have accepted if Rachel had done it to him. Best ending ever and I loved his line to Michael who felt bad for Rachel when he told Michael if he felt so bad then he should go cuddle with her. Michael was the one who ended up being the smuck to Rachel and he wasn't treated badly at all because of what he did. Enjoy your money Nick as you deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I think the reason that Nick was an 'outcast' was because he was partnered with Erica. Had he been with a female in the so-called clicque, things would have been different, I'm sure.

Can I see why he did what he did? - yes however I have two issues:

1. The post-decision gloating and callousness. It is possible to be gracious about it.
    2. He did not do it alone. The reason why their team won all the votes they did was either because of Rachel OR a vote against Chris & Sarah. I don't think many (or any) of those voters cast a pro-Nick vote.

Rachel 'deserved' 1/2 the money as much as any one else did.
    100% agree, Rachel didn't know him that well but still was true to her word & agreed to share. I feel if he just said he came just to win the money & no disrespect to anyone & wasn't so smug about it would have been better. I don't feel he was that mistreated, they just didn't know him that well, really does anyone really remember him from Ashley's season. As for people feeling Michael mistreated Rachel, he did talk to her several times after the show & said he did not want a long distance relationship, which means he didn't want a relationship at all, so she needs to get over it. Hope next season they get rid of the "you have to be a couple" & let them play as singles. Congrats to Tony & Blakely, she finally met a nice guy.
    wannasee likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

First of all, I still think this ending was manipulated by the producers. The ratings were way down from last year and they needed a shake up. Something different, shocking/disturbing. I think he will share his winnings with Rachel, but this was done for ratings only.

Nick would not have been in the finals if it wasn't for Rachel staying. He'd have gone home. The votes they got were FOR Rachel, not Nick. He made ONE move in the game, otherwise he was just there. He didn't even try to get into an alliance or partner up with someone. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I do have to admit that Rachel was dumb to partner up with Michael in the first place if she wanted money. Even if she made it to the finals with him, their chance to win was nil.

Now they have another option for next year. Vote in the last couple and an option to vote FOR the couple or for a single. This show doesn't seem to follow the rules like Survivor, BB or The Amazing Race where the winners can't share their winnings with others. So why not let one person win and share with their partner if they want to?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fan

1. Love Blakely and Tony together, they are so cute, loved the proposal, best part of the night and I hope they work it out.

2. Some people need to go read Michael's blog and realize there is a little thing called editing, Michael apologized to Rachel several times but they never showed that. Also in real time in the house their 'relationship" lasted all of 8 days. Michael liked her, liked kissing her and they basically made-out for 8 days, he never said he loved her or was wanting anything outside the house. For her to think they were " in love" and going to end up like Blakely and Tony, ummmm she is delusional. And FYI Michael did not have a girlfriend while he was on the show either, that happened later. He is a great guy, I still love him. Rachel is just crazy and people need to leave Michael alone.

3. Can't really decide if I think Nick is a jerk or not...

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    100% agree, Rachel didn't know him that well but still was true to her word & agreed to share. I feel if he just said he came just to win the money & no disrespect to anyone & wasn't so smug about it would have been better. I don't feel he was that mistreated, they just didn't know him that well, really does anyone really remember him from Ashley's season. As for people feeling Michael mistreated Rachel, he did talk to her several times after the show & said he did not want a long distance relationship, which means he didn't want a relationship at all, so she needs to get over it. Hope next season they get rid of the "you have to be a couple" & let them play as singles. Congrats to Tony & Blakely, she finally met a nice guy.
    The only problem with the Michael statement is that he lied to her about his reasoning. He IS having a long distance relationship, just not with Rachel. He's seeing someone in Chicago. He also really led Rachel on while he was in the house. So I totally get why Rachel was upset with him, and that is what makes him such a cad. As for Michael's blog, well considering he is the one that is writing it, I would expect that he would paint himself in the best light possible.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The only problem with the Michael statement is that he lied to her about his reasoning. He IS having a long distance relationship, just not with Rachel. He's seeing someone in Chicago. He also really led Rachel on while he was in the house. So I totally get why Rachel was upset with him, and that is what makes him such a cad. As for Michael's blog, well considering he is the one that is writing it, I would expect that he would paint himself in the best light possible.
    My thoughts exactly .Of course he is going to paint himself in the most positive of lights. Funny, I never liked him, and I never liked him with Rachael.

Oh well , I don't know if there will be B4. But maybe I wont watch and just skip to the the finale
    sclilred1, NEPASue and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Yes and the producers are going to paint a darker picture to create more drama. I'm sure Michael never meant to lead her on he was just having a good time. He probably didn't want a long distance relationship but changed his mind when he met the girl he is with now or maybe he was just trying to let Rachel down easy? Not wanting to be with her after 8 days is not a crime and does not make him a Cad. Maybe Rachel has watched Pretty Woman too many times to think that someone can fall in love with a whore after only 1 week.
    elleprn likes this.

Fair enough. But didn't Micheal say to CH he wasn't there for the money, he was there to find someone , as he hadn't had any luck. I think Micheal , much like Nick was playing a game. Mike lost -Nick won
    NEPASue and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Yes and the producers are going to paint a darker picture to create more drama. I'm sure Michael never meant to lead her on he was just having a good time. He probably didn't want a long distance relationship but changed his mind when he met the girl he is with now or maybe he was just trying to let Rachel down easy? Not wanting to be with her after 8 days is not a crime and does not make him a Cad. Maybe Rachel has watched Pretty Woman too many times to think that someone can fall in love with a whore after only 1 week.
    The only problem with that is that he already knew the girl in question before he went on the show. He (like Ed), was seeing someone and "broke it off" just before the show. Sort of so that he could technically say he was single. As soon as the show ended, they went back to dating. Personally, I don't understand how these women have so little self respect to put up with that crap, but then what do I know.
    JunkieGirl, NEPASue and jucamer like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread