+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    No one said Nick should feel compelled to give the money to charity. Wanting to and feeling compelled are not the same thing. My thought was that given the obvious point that no one "deserves" the money, it would give show me that despite his behavior on the show, he's not totally selfish. I think I also said socially useful, which goes far beyond giving to charity.

As far as his being discounted by everyone-- people are generally discounted for a reason. They're not usually bashed and pushed away unless they do something to deserve it. And obviously people got the impression that Nick didn't care-- not that he was shy.

So, as far as Nick being a good guy who had every right to resent the others on the show and feel put upon and mistreated-- that's a fantasy that I hope he gets rid of because it won't stand him in good stead in life to think that way. As for his sad song that Rachel didn't stay on the show for HIM, and only because of things Jaclyn said to her-- and this somehow made it right for him to screw her over-- as far as I'm concerned, she wasn't bashing him when she told him those things, she was confiding in him how down she felt. And frankly, if she stayed there because Jaclyn was supportive -- great-- but it's just as much a statement of Nick's lack of ability to be supportive. If he had offered her more, she probably would have been more likely to stay because of and for him.

Basically I don't buy much if anything of what he said.
    I don't think that anything Nick did on the show made him seem selfish. He was playing a game. He played by the rules and he won. If he donates to charity, that is his choice and whether he does it or not, does not change my opinion of how well he played the game.

As for why Nick was being discounted by the others, I believe that mostly stems from the fact that he was not a part of the Bachelor clique that most of these people belong to. They party together, go to reunions, hook up, etc. Clearly many of them know each other and hence their very clear...and nasty...disdain for anyone who did not belong to their little group. This is why they felt the need to treat the fans as being "undeserving" and were able to dismiss that poor virgin guy (whose name I unfortunately forget), so easily last night and during the show.

Rachel did in fact bash him and treat him poorly so that is not a fantasy or a figment of his imagination. He does not seem to be wollowing in that in any way, but made a rational decision to keep the money based on her behaviour. That is a natural consequence. Why does he need to be more supportive of her? He seemed to listen to her crying and going on endlessly about Michael and wanting to quit. How much more supportive does he need to be? He said that if she had been more supportive, he would have shared. She wasn't and he didn't. It sucks, but that is life. Live and learn ... all around.
    BTW, NCLurker, shyra and 8 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

For what its' worth, here's my take:

Bachelor Pad is a game show just like Jeopardy is a game show. On Jeopardy, you can have the highest score going into Final Jeopardy, bet it all and lose and/or come in with the lowest score, bet strategically and win everything. If you do the former, no one says you are hard done by andif you do the latter no one questions your morals. Nick came in with the lowest score, strategically bet and won therefor he "deserves" the money...because he won.

Personally, I absolutely loved the ending - it was like the mean kids in high school getting their come uppance. They spent the whole show disdaining everyone who wasn't in their "in-crowd", deeming them unworthy and making fun of them. From what I remember, Lindzi was initially one of the cool kids to, until it was strategic to let her and Kalon go...then it was OK. It would have OK with them if the roles had been reversed and Rachel had left with all the money so I think they have no leg to stand on when it comes to Nick deciding to keep it all.

Regarding Blakely and Tony - I love them together. I was never a big Blakely fan but when she iswith him, something magical happens and I really enjoy her - congratulations to the two of them. I did read, however, that BP flew Tony out to L.A. the week before to pick a ring from Neil Lane - they are probably thrilled that someone - anyone- is actuaaly going to get married! LOL
    BTW, NCLurker, shyra and 12 others like this.

To the Point

In regards to this show, anyone who chooses to play the game needs to remember that IT's A GAME! In fact, it's a game that requires using others to get to the end and a lot of money is involved. In light of that fact I would think common sense (which obviously isn't so common) should dictate that trusting others is a necessary evil but should be done with great awareness that trusting them in one instance, and being correct to do so, does not necessarily translate into them truly being trustworthy in the long run.

This particular series (the whole of the Bachelor Franchise) has been on long enough that anyone foolish enough to get tangled up in it's grasp can't think that there are many healthy relationships that come of being a part of any of the shows, or from being a part the Bachelor click that obviously exist. I have a really difficult time feeling sorry for any of these folks when most of them (especially those on BP) are just looking to extend their 2 or 3 minutes of fame to 15. They are like a bunch of immature fraternity/sorority folks in a perpetual cycle of pettiness, partying and apparently "partnering up". While it may be entertaining, it's a little disturbing to think that some of these folks have been in this cycle for a while.

Sorry got off track there Anyway, these people want grown-up money, for hanging-out together partying and cavorting like a bunch of undisciplined college kids while treating each other like a bunch of middle school "mean girls" and then get upset when someone doesn't do the "right" thing! Sorry, it's a game show at the end of the day. Most of these folks really need to grow up and get a real life and stay away from television!

<--- That just seemed appropriate when I finished. Sorry for the rant (well, sort of...).
    jucamer and Midol like this.

I guess if Nick gave some to charity, I'd feel a lot better. Or if he did something socially useful.
    I couldn't care less if he didn't give a penny to charity. He won it fair and square and it's his to do with as he pleases.

His sort of self-pitying or self-justifying gloating was what pushed me over the edge.
    It's entirely possible to recognize that people are treating you poorly without being self-pitying, and I didn't see any woe-is-me. I saw some anger, and honestly I would have been a little angry myself about being stuck with a group of libidinous idiots who were behaving as though they were the popular group in a John Hughes movie.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I heard an interview Nick gave on a radio station this morning, and he said he and Rachel had agreed to share the money. However, when he got back home and watched the last couple of episodes of the show and saw how Rachel was bashing him, etc., behind his back, is when he made the decision to keep the money himself. He considered giving her some of the money; but on second thought he realized he would continue to be criticized irregardless of what he did. Rachel, on the other hand, started a twitter war against him and asked his followers to 'unfollow' him.
    Hilarious! a twitter war take that Nick!
    If he watched the show, he also would be reminded of the parts we never saw.- I suspect that cemented how he really felt.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No one said Nick should feel compelled to give the money to charity. Wanting to and feeling compelled are not the same thing. My thought was that given the obvious point that no one "deserves" the money, it would give show me that despite his behavior on the show, he's not totally selfish. I think I also said socially useful, which goes far beyond giving to charity.

As far as his being discounted by everyone-- people are generally discounted for a reason. They're not usually bashed and pushed away unless they do something to deserve it. And obviously people got the impression that Nick didn't care-- not that he was shy.

So, as far as Nick being a good guy who had every right to resent the others on the show and feel put upon and mistreated-- that's a fantasy that I hope he gets rid of because it won't stand him in good stead in life to think that way. As for his sad song that Rachel didn't stay on the show for HIM, and only because of things Jaclyn said to her-- and this somehow made it right for him to screw her over-- as far as I'm concerned, she wasn't bashing him when she told him those things, she was confiding in him how down she felt. And frankly, if she stayed there because Jaclyn was supportive -- great-- but it's just as much a statement of Nick's lack of ability to be supportive. If he had offered her more, she probably would have been more likely to stay because of and for him.

Basically I don't buy much if anything of what he said.
    I have a real problem with the bolded statement. As has been said before, these people acted like the in-clique in school and treated anyone who wasn't in their clique as a waste of space. Think about some of the things they said about and to the fans. Seriously, you believe every evidence of bullying and treating someone as an outcast it because they have done something to deserve it? I would maybe agree with you if we were talking about rational adults in a professional setting (but even there, I've seen plenty of cases of discounting someone for the dumbest reasons possible). I don't think Nick did anything to deserve it. I think these people acted like a bunch of high school kids and chose to shun someone who wasn't "like them". Sad to me that anyone would think the victims of this childish crap that goes on somehow deserved the treatment they got.

I think the reason that Nick was an 'outcast' was because he was partnered with Erica. Had he been with a female in the so-called clicque, things would have been different, I'm sure.

Can I see why he did what he did? - yes however I have two issues:

1. The post-decision gloating and callousness. It is possible to be gracious about it.
    2. He did not do it alone. The reason why their team won all the votes they did was either because of Rachel OR a vote against Chris & Sarah. I don't think many (or any) of those voters cast a pro-Nick vote.

Rachel 'deserved' 1/2 the money as much as any one else did.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I heard an interview Nick gave on a radio station this morning, and he said he and Rachel had agreed to share the money. However, when he got back home and watched the last couple of episodes of the show and saw how Rachel was bashing him, etc., behind his back, is when he made the decision to keep the money himself. He considered giving her some of the money; but on second thought he realized he would continue to be criticized irregardless of what he did. Rachel, on the other hand, started a twitter war against him and asked his followers to 'unfollow' him.
    GOOD. Then she REALLY got what she deserved! & yeah, he isn't obligated to donate to a charity...it's not like he's a millionnaire already.
    alizarules and jucamer like this.

FORT Fanatic

I will start with my admission that I only watched the finale of this series because I happen to be with some friends that LOVE this show.

The guy who chose "keep" was totally aware that he was involved in a childish game with a majority of his fellow players being nothing more than catfighting egomaniacs. I would have done the same thing to this sorry group of cliquish children.

My real observation is about what this show did to the whole "Bachelor" franshise. Having watched far too many seasons of this series, watching it go from harmless fluff to what can now only be called trash, I am happy this guy chose to keep the money for himself. The skank ratio in that "pad" was far too high to ever be returned to fluff again. Those who in the future apply for this series (all of the Bachelor series) will be right off the skank bus. The hopes for any contestant in the future to be as "innocent" as Trisha is long gone now.
    Last edited by imissme; 09-12-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have a real problem with the bolded statement. As has been said before, these people acted like the in-clique in school and treated anyone who wasn't in their clique as a waste of space. Think about some of the things they said about and to the fans. Seriously, you believe every evidence of bullying and treating someone as an outcast it because they have done something to deserve it? I would maybe agree with you if we were talking about rational adults in a professional setting (but even there, I've seen plenty of cases of discounting someone for the dumbest reasons possible). I don't think Nick did anything to deserve it. I think these people acted like a bunch of high school kids and chose to shun someone who wasn't "like them". Sad to me that anyone would think the victims of this childish crap that goes on somehow deserved the treatment they got.
    I totally agree. What we saw was a case of bullying if anything. The clique's that were on this show were definitely made up of some obnoxious folks and that is one of the reasons I was so happy when Michael was sent home, he has gotten way too full of himself. I don't even find him attractive. Nick did nothing to deserve the disdain that he received from the other folks. He was quiet - so what? Well regardless, he showed them all up at the end, and it was pretty satisfying to watch too. As for the whole charity bit - I don't see why he should feel the need to give anything to charity. $250k is not a lot of money these days as it is. And as far as we know, he has family members that are in dire straights that he plans to help. Even if he doesn't, Nick is the one who won the money. If he went off and bought a $250k boat, then that's his prerogative. I think Nick played brilliantly at the end, and what he decides to do with HIS money doesn't impact how I feel about him whatsoever.
    NEPASue, navybelle, lessee and 3 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread