+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 9/10 Bach Pad 3: FINALE! ** West Coast Spoilers**

Nick playing the "no one cared about how I felt" card only was an excuse to get all the money. Didn't he make out with Donna? Unless he thinks that was his doing all alone, and Donna was just "there." The fact that no one cared to be in an alliance with him or partner with him has also to do with how he communicated with others, but it was a good stategy to lay low and not burn bridges, but like Rachel said: "money is ugly." Nick played ugly, but it seems like this is the goal for such kinds of games. Nick just used that as an excuse to play ugly.
    sclilred1 and sparklete like this.

I enjoyed watching it. I agree that Nick acted a bit smug last night, and probably lied to Rachel in the weeks leading up to the finale. While it sucks, at the end of the day, it is a game and lying is a part of this game. Everyone lied at one point or another - it's just that Nick's lie at the end resulted in him winning $250,000. Other than that, why is his lie any different or any bigger than the lies anyone else in the house told over the season?

For me, I could see what Nick was feeling. He was underestimated and discounted the entire season. No one thought he was important so they ignored him. The summary at the end of all the crap everyone said about him all season - he saw most of that in the weeks leading up to the finale taping. If I was in his position, I think I probably would have felt exactly like he did. Even his partner didn't consider him. Honestly, I'm totally with him on this one - what did he owe to anyone in that house? He did what he had to do to make it to the end and win the money. Regardless of what happened in the last challenge, I would have had a very hard time sharing $125k with someone who never even thought about me as a partner and in fact seriously considered leaving 3 times, without even factoring into things how it would have affected my game. That is what partners do. Nick and Rachel were never partners. They were two people thrown together at the end. If she thought otherwise, then she was dumb.

That being said, I did feel bad for her. They were her decisions and her consequences. But it was still a really bad finale for her. And I do agree that Michael led her on in the house. That he got home and did a complete 180 is definitely his choice. But based on what we were hearing last night, I don't think he was completely honest with her. Feeding her the lines about not wanting a long distance relationship when you have a gf in Chicago is just mean. I never understand why people can't just be honest. We're all grown-ups and yes, it is an uncomfortable conversation to have. But just be honest and in the long run, at least the person has the closure they need.
    BTW, alizarules, Thor and 6 others like this.

FORT Fan

"For me, I could see what Nick was feeling. He was underestimated and discounted the entire season. No one thought he was important so they ignored him. The summary at the end of all the crap everyone said about him all season - he saw most of that in the weeks leading up to the finale taping. If I was in his position, I think I probably would have felt exactly like he did. Even his partner didn't consider him. Honestly, I'm totally with him on this one - what did he owe to anyone in that house? He did what he had to do to make it to the end and win the money. Regardless of what happened in the last challenge, I would have had a very hard time sharing $125k with someone who never even thought about me as a partner and in fact seriously considered leaving 3 times, without even factoring into things how it would have affected my game. That is what partners do. Nick and Rachel were never partners. They were two people thrown together at the end. If she thought otherwise, then she was dumb."

Exactly! It was almost like he was calling out a bunch of mean kids for treating him as if he was invisible. I liked it. And I didn't see him as being smug so much as being defensive. It had to have been difficult to pull off a move like that on national TV, and he probably had to pump himself up and be ready to defend himself -- which I think he did quite well, but he had to force himself to keep smiling and being positive about what he had done, and that came off as smug.
    Last edited by judibug; 09-11-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: to add quote
    BTW, KatesMom, jucamer and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

The bottom line for me, and why I don't feel particularly bad for Rachel is that while she helped win that last competition, if she had her way she and Nick would have been sitting at the finals against Ed & Jaclyn. Then neither one of them would have won any money. Nick single-handedly talked her out of that decision. That's when he won the game (& the money) as far as I'm concerned. He did what needed to be done to win the game. He owed Rachel nothing.
    BTW, shyra, NEPASue and 4 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    "For me, I could see what Nick was feeling. He was underestimated and discounted the entire season. No one thought he was important so they ignored him. The summary at the end of all the crap everyone said about him all season - he saw most of that in the weeks leading up to the finale taping. If I was in his position, I think I probably would have felt exactly like he did. Even his partner didn't consider him. Honestly, I'm totally with him on this one - what did he owe to anyone in that house? He did what he had to do to make it to the end and win the money. Regardless of what happened in the last challenge, I would have had a very hard time sharing $125k with someone who never even thought about me as a partner and in fact seriously considered leaving 3 times, without even factoring into things how it would have affected my game. That is what partners do. Nick and Rachel were never partners. They were two people thrown together at the end. If she thought otherwise, then she was dumb."

Exactly! It was almost like he was calling out a bunch of mean kids for treating him as if he was invisible. I liked it. And I didn't see him as being smug so much as being defensive. It had to have been difficult to pull off a move like that on national TV, and he probably had to pump himself up and be ready to defend himself -- which I think he did quite well, but he had to force himself to keep smiling and being positive about what he had done, and that came off as smug.
    Given they all lied, and gave their word about voting, and went back on said word This was the best ending ever. I just hope Rachel wakes up, and realises that she was played.Especially by Micheal who said he came there looking for love & omitted he had a girlfriend. It was like all the 'clique' got together, and shunned Nick. Well hows that working for them all?
    Jamie looked and sounded ridiculous and the look on her face made me LOL. If ever there was a hot mess on a show, that needs real help - Its Jamie.
    As for the others , I hope they are off my screen for good. !! Ed and Erica Rose are so boring. Did Ed even speak? He rolled his eyes a few time, but then he was sober, so maybe that didn't help.
    BTW, mesachick and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ed spent the three days prior to finale taping in Vegas for friends' Bachelor parties so he basically said he was half asleep during the taping and just wanted to sleep. Hence so little footage of him.
    jucamer likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I think it's repulsive that he took all the money.

1/ it's not just a game-- or put otherwise, a game reflects the kind of person you are; and life is only a zero sum game for the worst
    2/ he gave her his word, game or no game
    3/his little pity party about how no one thought he would win, and she wanted to leave, etc-- is kind of disgusting-- just what does anyone have to do in a relationship with him to suddenly become someone who deserves nothing, while he deserves to take all?
    4/people who have no heart, have no heart; people who don't care how other people feel, but gloat when they step all over other people are just that
    5/maybe people will think it's cool and celebrate his winning it all and undermining expectations in the world of non-reality, but in the reality all he did is by betraying somone in the game, showing what a bitter, self-aggrandizing and petty person he really is
    6/ he may be a schmuck with $250,00-- but in the end, that truly is the best thing you can say about him-- that he has $250,000
    7/ by the way, he did not do it all "by himself"-- in fact, there's no way he would have won without Rachel, so his whole premise is a lie

Best finale ever!

Kudos to Nick for flying under the radar and taking it all. I don't think Nick owed Rachel anything. Sure they won the rock competition together, but really by default because the other 2 couples were just flat-out horrible & embarrassing, not because Rachel was good as she was totally off-key. Nick won fair & square when he insisted that they go up against Chris & Sarah. If Rachel had her way, Ed and Goon(sorry can't remember her name) would've won this thing. Everyone hates Chris, so he knew they would win not because anyone particularly wanted to vote for Rachel, but because people wanted to vote against Chris. Any other couple going against Chris in the finale would've won. No, Nick wasn't a bad person for not sharing, as he said, everyone came on to win $250K, not $125K. I'm sure Nick has plenty of friends at home & doesn't need to see this bachelor crew ever again anyway. Good for Nick!

Poor Rachel, the most entertaining finale was in good part at her expense.... losing her boyfriend, friend and not winning the money either.

Why was Jamie wearing a Halloween costume?

The goon calling Jamie socially awkward was an "ouch" moment. Jaime saying she obviously didn't want to be partners with the virgin was needlessly cruel.

Loved Kalon's comments about what "deserve" means. That was bothering me all along too.

Regarding the Neil Lane ring, you don't seriously think Tony paid for that, do you? Absolutely that was free, another plug for Neil Lane. Probably worth about $50K and Tony was put up to the proposal by the producers. It may be faster than they would've gotten engaged in real life, but they have the feelings so why not go for it. Blakely & Tony were super sweet together. Love it that she can totally be herself around him and she was so relaxed. Awwww.

All in all - best finale ever!!!!

Images from the Finale

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Does anyone remember if it was Nick that the fan Donna was making out with?

+ Reply to Thread