Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 8/20 Bachelor Pad Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/20 Bachelor Pad Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Michael is ruthless and greedy. He threw Erica under the bus because he wanted to win again. He took her out, so she took him out. Justice was served. They were friends: they weren't just meeting for the first time on a game show.
    alizarules, Dukie, NEPASue and 1 others like this.

Erica Rose has gotten on my last nerve.

I read an article that said she is considering legal action against the show's producers because they "led her to believe they wanted her to win." She goes on to say that she was mislead and regrets leaving her life behind and postponing taking the bar exam for the show. Now she finds herself aproaching 30 without a husband, kids and career like many of her friends. Boo hoo, poor her.

Does she not understand that she lives such a privledged life compared to most of the world? She has had many advantages but is where she is as a result of choices she has made. No one forced her to do reality tv shows. Still, she has a law degree and she needs to step it up and accomplish something with her life. Maybe if she wasn't so self-centered she would be a happier person. I've told my kids that most of the happiest times they'll have in life will be while doing something for others. Perhaps she can try that out.

Erica was never going to win this show. She was nasty and rude and didn't even put a great deal of effort into the challenges. I understand that she was hurt by what Michael did. Much as I can't stand Chris, (and I really can't stand Chris) Michael probably should've been the one to go - I think he was only using his time there as a means to promote his music. Erica's behavior when she left showed her true colors. And she and Chris continue bashing Michael on twitter. Not a fan!
    Longhornfan, Photobabe and Midol like this.

I think Erica Rose is lost. While I dont care for her, I don't think she has a whole lot going for her, and has become a bit of a joke.

Move on ER, and perhaps stay away from the BP and any shows like it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Erica Rose has gotten on my last nerve.

I read an article that said she is considering legal action against the show's producers because they "led her to believe they wanted her to win." She goes on to say that she was mislead and regrets leaving her life behind and postponing taking the bar exam for the show. Now she finds herself aproaching 30 without a husband, kids and career like many of her friends. Boo hoo, poor her.

Does she not understand that she lives such a privledged life compared to most of the world? She has had many advantages but is where she is as a result of choices she has made. No one forced her to do reality tv shows. Still, she has a law degree and she needs to step it up and accomplish something with her life. Maybe if she wasn't so self-centered she would be a happier person. I've told my kids that most of the happiest times they'll have in life will be while doing something for others. Perhaps she can try that out.

Erica was never going to win this show. She was nasty and rude and didn't even put a great deal of effort into the challenges. I understand that she was hurt by what Michael did. Much as I can't stand Chris, (and I really can't stand Chris) Michael probably should've been the one to go - I think he was only using his time there as a means to promote his music. Erica's behavior when she left showed her true colors. And she and Chris continue bashing Michael on twitter. Not a fan!

OMG this is hilarious! She's blaming the show for her being unwed and childless. LMAO Look in the mirror woman! Erica has nothing to offer an man - she's an obnoxious twit (I can't imagine ayone hiring her as their attorney). That said - I had no problem with her taking Michael out of the game. The problem I had is the vicious things she said about his relationship with Holly - that was totally uncalled for and a major hit below the belt.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Michael is ruthless and greedy. He threw Erica under the bus because he wanted to win again. He took her out, so she took him out. Justice was served. They were friends: they weren't just meeting for the first time on a game show.
    I wouldn't call him greedy, Holly and Michael shared their winnings with Michelle and Graham. Any other "game shows" like Survivor and BB have rules against doing this. BPad didn't because they are a newer show or maybe they did and Mike and Holly did it secretly. If so, I bet that rule will be written into the contract if it wasn't before.

As for ruthless, not sure I'd go that far, but he certainly knows how to play the game. Gather a strong alliance of couples and take everyone else out. Chris was in the original alliance with Blakeley until she started getting on his nerves. Then Chris started going rogue by hooking up with others who weren't in the alliance. Chris alone started the crap stirring in that he couldn't even work with Blakeley. Had he stuck to her as a partner, voted together as a team he would have been OK. Fool around with anyone you want, but keep your alliance intact. He might have even had a good chance to win. His own immature, selfish attitude had him this close to going home because Mike wanted a strong alliance to stay strong together. There was no way in heck that Mike would have come close to winning again, even if in the finals. There were only 2 other girls who weren't in the original alliance, Erica and Sarah. Sarah would have NEVER taken Chris with her, but Erica might have. Mike tried this strategy and it blew up in his face.

Erica doesn't need anyone to throw her under the bus, she does that fairly well on her own. Why they ever brought her back, I will never know. I have my suspicions though and it has nothing to do with ratings. She really has been a non entity in both seasons, couldn't complete a challenge if she actually tried. She can't even get a partner in this game, last year she tried with Jake and failed. Remember her pitch to Blake? EPIC FAIL. LOL

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen
    BP reminds me of The Hunger Games, in which the gamemakers could change elements and rules in order to manipulate the game/show.
    You ain't kidding. Kiptyn also got preferential treatment in season 1.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fanatic

I feel like im watching another show. People really have sympathy for Michael? The guy is a complete tool. The way he would talk about how he knows the game and his looks to the camera. What a douche. Is this his job? Professional Bachelor padder? You were on some dumb TV show and now you have turned it into this career. What a loser. Good riddance. Chris might be a douche but at least what you see is what you get. Hes not hiding it like Mike or Kaylon.
    Dukie and NEPASue like this.

I just really hate that it was so obviously produced to keep Chris in the game. To say I can't stand him is beyond an understatement.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I also loved Jillian's season. She is extremely upbeat and has so much positive energy that she kept all the guys on their toes. She also tells it like it is and with her it's 'what you see is what you get'. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. Yes, Jillian and Ed have remained friends as stated in interviews. Both have said they 'talk a lot'; plus they were tweeting each other after the first episode aired. Jillian is rooting for Ed to win BP. She also said she loves his family and friends. That's great to see - especially after the Jake and Vienna fiasco!
    This is great news! I haven't really been keeping tabs, but I thought Jillian was heartbroken because Ed cheated on her and then went into seculsion???? Shows what I know.

Thanks for sharing. That is good news.

FORT Newbie

Whatever happened between them, seems to be 'water under the bridge'. Both Ed and Jill confirmed that he wanted her to do BP3 with him and she considered it. As it turned out, the timing of it would have interfered with her new gig in Vancouver, the host of "Love It or List It".
    Dukie likes this.

At the end of the day, it is a game. People backstab you, yes, even your friends. Michael tried to play the game and he got played. That's fine. Erica took it to a personal level, and that, I thought, was uncalled for - especially the stuff about Holly. Just way below the belt.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789