+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: 8/13 Bachelor Pad Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/13 Bachelor Pad Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't like him on the bachelorette. I thought he had a nasty temper, and he thought way to much of himself.Maybe they are told to keep saying he's wonderful.
    I didn't get all the fuss about him either. I thought he was a jerk. So many others though, thought he was wonderful.

Sadly, even after this, I'm sure plenty of women will be throwing themselves at Chris.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

You know, there was something in the first episode of Emily's season that turned me off from Chris. I can't quite remember what he said but he made some sort of off-hand remark that just rubbed me the wrong way. I remember him saying his parents were married for over 30 years and he wanted a marriage like theirs, but he said something (I believe it was in a TH) that just seemed smug and off-putting and that he seemed to think he was wonderful. I wonder if I could find the first episode from Emily's season to remind me just what it was that Chris said that irked me so much. I remember thinking "I don't like this dude." As the season continued he displayed his immaturity and bad temper for all to see.
    Shoepie and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I think both Jaclyn and Ed are downplaying everything in their interviews. On last night's show, I thought Jaclyn seemed really enamored with Ed in her comments. Jaclyn and Rachel spent the first weekend of August in Chicago celebrating Jaclyn's 28th birthday with Ed and Chris Bukowski. Someone posted pictures of them and Ed was tweeting of their whereabouts. I have the feeling there is more to their friendship than meets the eye!
    I got the feeling she really likes him, I didn't get that feeling from him at all.I think they could be good friends, but love interest hmm I would guess not.
    Shoepie and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    I think both Jaclyn and Ed are downplaying everything in their interviews. On last night's show, I thought Jaclyn seemed really enamored with Ed in her comments. Jaclyn and Rachel spent the first weekend of August in Chicago celebrating Jaclyn's 28th birthday with Ed and Chris Bukowski. Someone posted pictures of them and Ed was tweeting of their whereabouts. I have the feeling there is more to their friendship than meets the eye!
    I would not be surprised if they continue hooking up, but I really don't think it is anything more than friends with benefits.
    jucamer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    ALL I can think is that Chris must be WAY better looking in person. If he actually looks in person the way he looks on TV, then I really don't get it. I don't think he's bad looking, but I don't think he's nearly as great looking as all of these women (including Emily) think he is.
    He must be better looking in person. But I have a different theory. Champagne/beer/spirits goggles. The women of BPad are pretty liquored up most of the time. As for the TV viewing audience, lots of them like to drink wine while watching and play drinking games. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Even while wearing rum goggles I don't see him as good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83
    Greasy blondes that look like their face was hit with a shovel mid sneer?
    *snort*

*choke*
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, Ed did say that he preferred blondes.

Yes, I did hear him say that! And Jaclyn is the complete opposite of Jillian - both in looks and personality!

FORT Fogey

Chris could be acting the way he is because he didn't have any time to recover after not getting a rose from Emily. Also, it must have been frustrating and stressful to get a one-on-one date... then end up treated as "filler." Maybe Chris is just "lashing back" any way he can because of his experiences on the Bachelorette. Also, some people are desirable and appealing... and some aren't. Have any of the women shown an interest in Tony, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Chris could be acting the way he is because he didn't have any time to recover after not getting a rose from Emily. Also, it must have been frustrating and stressful to get a one-on-one date... then end up treated as "filler." Maybe Chris is just "lashing back" any way he can because of his experiences on the Bachelorette. Also, some people are desirable and appealing... and some aren't. Have any of the women shown an interest in Tony, for example?
    He also acted like a douche on Emily's MTA - he looked like a complete sourpuss still not believing that Emily sent him home
    Shoepie, Midol and Mikesgirl83 like this.

Jamie posted on her FB after episode 1 some lame arse story about leaving some guy she was dating twice, the first time to go on the Bachelor and the 2nd time for BPad. He took her back the first time, but if he has any dignity he won't do it again. Apparently this guy was everything she was looking for, liked her, treated her well~~basically the opposite of how Chrisdouchenozzle treated her. Nope, Jamie is one of those girls who play the victim very well, meet men who treat them well but she will be attracted to the men who aren't into her at all/treat her poorly. The girl needs therapy if she wants to get married and have kids.
    JunkieGirl did she say all that on her facebook.She does need help.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    JunkieGirl did she say all that on her facebook.She does need help.
    Yep. He Who Must Not Be Named has multiple screen shots of the whole post, which has since been taken off her FB page. I read it and the whole story just screamed of someone who is very emotionally immature and stunted. She says she wants love and marriage, but all her actual choices go completely in the opposite direction. She had a really nice guy (apparently) at home who treated her amazing and she left him not once, but twice, to go on these shows and hook up with someone else. Then even on the show, Ryan was interested in her, and she wanted no part of it. Now there may have been things happening off camera that we didn't see, but at least what we saw on-screen, I never saw that Chris was into her. I actually thought it was pretty clear that he wasn't and that he was only taking advantage of what was thrown at him. Listening to her talk, she had this whole fantasy world built up around it. It's like she needs the chase to feel like it is the fantasy story. Real life doesn't work like that very often. I know she was angry and felt used - but she was a voluntary participant and read things that so clearly wasn't there. And yet she has this guy back home - so how is what she did to him different? And oh, by the way, in the FB post she proclaimed that she FINALLY realized that what she wanted was in front of her with this guy - and that sometimes you have to lose love to know what it is. Uh, no you don't - not if you are mature and willing to be honest with yourself and what you want.
    JunkieGirl, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread