+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: 8/6 Bachelor Pad 3: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 8/6 Bachelor Pad 3: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Chris Harrison was recently co-hosting on "Live with Kelly". She was ragging on him a little about how pathetic people must be to be on BP. She also asked him if they were "tested" for certain health conditions. His answer was yes............. that was a requirement. So as smarmy as these folks are, at least we know they are STD free.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    I "really need the money" too! If she is that broke, get a job!
    She has one doesn't she? doesn't she do waxing?

Chris Harrison was recently co-hosting on "Live with Kelly". She was ragging on him a little about how pathetic people must be to be on BP. She also asked him if they were "tested" for certain health conditions. His answer was yes.. that was a requirement. So as smarmy as these folks are, at least we know they are STD free.
    Thank heavens for small mercies. STD free ( shudder)
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Chris Harrison was recently co-hosting on "Live with Kelly". She was ragging on him a little about how pathetic people must be to be on BP. She also asked him if they were "tested" for certain health conditions. His answer was yes............. that was a requirement. So as smarmy as these folks are, at least we know they are STD free.
    Yep, the test is part of the standard screening for getting on the Bach. shows.

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that there was trouble finding a pool of bachlorettes for Byron's season that could pass the STD tests, since they were a little older than the average gals - sad commentary on the state of our world, LOL

I loved Ed on Jillian's season... in my opinion he was totally hot and I just saw puppies and rainbows everytime the man smiled. I remember feeling so bad for Jillian when everything came out regarding his cheating ways. I still think he's hot, but I agree we're seeing the 'real' people on this show.

That's what I told my husband last night. Even though I know the Bachelor and Bachelorette are somewhat scripted shows and they are manipulated by the powers that be, there is a certain formality and mystique about the lead and the contestants. You almost think of them as "not real" because they are in such "unreal" situations. I think that's why I loved Emily's season so much, because Charlotte was involved so often and you saw these people in "real life". Bachelor Pad is more like that. We see these people like one giant Bachelor Outtake reel. On the Bachelor I can't imagine someone belching on camera or standing on a kitchen counter holding a bottle of vodka (Way to go Ed... ) but on Bachelor Pad you're reminded that these are real people, not the characters that MF has manipulated us into believing they are. In some ways I enjoy Bachelor more because of that formality and the whisper of the fairy tale it promises to bring us, but in other ways I enjoy Bachelor Pad more because we're seeing who these fairy tale people really are!

Cookie
    BTW, Arielflies and sparklete like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

LOL I stopped reading/believing in fairy tales a long, long time ago.

Admittedly the way that people are presented is more "real" on BPad, because they are having to scheme, lie and manipulate others as opposed to the Bachelor/ette where they seem like real life moving mannequins with no resemblance to a real personality.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456