Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: 7/23 Bachelor Pad 3: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/23 Bachelor Pad 3: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Jillian went on to post on the comments section of another site, regarding people calling Ed a loser (or "looser" in her words). She lashed out at other posters who just sit on their keyboards ripping on a man who they've only seen on TV and judging him. She was pretty defensive, I thought. I was actually surprised she addressed the episode at all, and that she'd even watch this trainwreck.

It was the cheating comments and how he's always liked blondes that I thought was rude/disrespectful to Jillian. Now previews show him cozying up with Jaclyn - hahaha - he'll get what he deserves if he goes down that road!!!! LOL!!
    fireflyer and jucamer like this.

I don't really think that we can judge whether or not Ed is an alcoholic by what we've seen on television. I rarely drink - I have a bottle of gin in my kitchen that I've had for about five years and it's still half full, and a G&T is my drink of choice. However, since we've moved onto this street eight years ago, we've had two get-togethers with the neighbours and both times I got silly drunk on wine because I was having a good time and not monitoring intake. Since I don't see most of these neighbours regularly, if at all, I am quite certain that those I don't know believe that I am some sort of raging drunkard.
    Florimel, NEPASue, Living and 1 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Do you really think Ed is an alcoholic, KM? I read either in this thread or elsewhere that Ed moved from Chicago to San Francisco to start up a new business. Would an alcoholic be able to meet with potential clients to get them on board? My neighbor was what I called a functional alcoholic. He never drank at work but the minute he came home he drank I don't know how many beers. He was always lots of fun to be around and for me, coming from a family of very moderate drinkers, didn't even recognize at first that my neighbor had a drinking problem. Obviously, there are varying degrees of drinking problems. All I know is for someone who is trying to get a business off and running, he sure looked like a buffoon.

Sigh... oh, Ed, you disappointed me. Especially his mean comment about liking blondes. Still think he's hunky, though.
    Yes, I do. Speaking from experience, which you know I have, I was able to hold a job and pay my bills. No one at work knew. I drank at home and on the weekends. Yes, Ed is having fun being a party guy and having fun. But he is in his 30's. For 99% of the population, the desire to get rip-roaring drunk night after night dies within a few years of leaving college. If you have a serious problem and think you can't have fun without getting drunk, you have a problem. I have known people like him. While I can't say for sure whether he is or isn't, I don't know one person at his age who acts like he does who DOESN'T have a serious drinking problem.
    BTW, fireflyer, NEPASue and 2 others like this.

Not to defend Ed at all, but I am going to wait and see how it pans out over the season. Just because he got trashed the first night means he'll be drinking the whole time. Maybe he will, I don't know. I've never heard him being mentioned as being an alcoholic before BP, but then again, I haven't heard anything about him at all since he and Jilly broke up. I hope he's not. I've had the displeasure of watching my friend's father die from cirrhosis from being an alcoholic.
    Midol likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

It's like vacation for them and I drink way more on vacation than I normally do. Or, he's an alcoholic. Who knows? Lol
    sweetpea and jucamer like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    It's like vacation for them and I drink way more on vacation than I normally do. Or, he's an alcoholic. Who knows? Lol
    Plus — as Harrison admitted in an interview — the contestants are offered much alcohol and very little food ("'cuz, hey, we're doing you a favor—you have to look good in that bikini or shirtless getup!"). You're thirsty? Have some wine. You're hungry? Have some wine.
    Maybe Ben cut them a deal.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

Jillian sure had her blinders up when she fell in love with Ed. She seems to still conveniently ignore certain behaviour because of those blinders. She obviously still carries a torch for him to defend his behaviour. He could totally be into 10 different women, and not care about his ex's feelings. Can you imagine him as a father? Absent alcoholic. No thanks!
    fireflyer and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Plus — as Harrison admitted in an interview — the contestants are offered much alcohol and very little food ("'cuz, hey, we're doing you a favor—you have to look good in that bikini or shirtless getup!"). You're thirsty? Have some wine. You're hungry? Have some wine.
    Maybe Ben cut them a deal.
    Regarding the bolded...I live in London, Ontario and guess who was at one of our local liquor stores a couple of weeks ago promoting his own hooch? A male co-worker who I hooked on all things Bachelor related (insert wicked laugh), called me when he saw him. Unfortunately, I was out and didn't get the message, otherwise I would have gone to check him out even though I was not a fan...Yawn. On, the other hand, I would have loved to see Courtney on the BP. She would have been a hoot and I would have enjoyed her snark on this show. I'm sure as soon as they break up, she'll be on the next season.
    Last edited by Midol; 07-28-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    fireflyer and KatesMom like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Maybe living in London (UK) and having worked in the city (finance), Ed's behavior does not seem strange to me. I do not appreciate people being drunk etc, and maybe being older have a different view. But the single young men and women working in the city with 6, 7 figure salaries can be quite atrocious when partying. They are professional and disciplined at work and while out for drinks after work, but when partying, there seems to be a no holds barred attitude. The more money they have, the more stupid and atrocious their attitude and parties are, like doing things in excess/ over indulging.

Funnily, soon after being married, they seem to get domesticated and all this attitude changes. I noticed it is not an age thing. It seems to depend more on their marital status. When going steady with someone they start to cool down. Those without steady partners are the most outrageous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Ed is self employed. Last I heard he was moving to San Francisco and his tech company was working on some website for people in the entertainment business. I suspect that is why he is doing the show...promote the business with the contacts he has or will develop through the show...including the alumni.
    There's talk of IT being used to boost the US economy etc. Big things are/will be coming from Silicon Valley soon and my guess is Ed has moved to Silicon Valley. And from his behavior, he seems to be on the road to making it big. Outwardly it may not be morally correct for some, but it looks like he cares less about what we/or anyone thinks. What he sells is a product and he does not have to humour people to get them to buy in. You test it, you like it, you buy it. Sometimes, it is preferred when you are known to be someone who is able to let their hair down every now and again etc.
    Last edited by Living; 07-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Closed Thread