+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: 9/12 FINALE! BP2 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/12 FINALE! BP2 *West Coast Spoilers*

Michael you missed your chance to rekindle. Move on. He is not a victim. No way. He had a chance and blew it. Holly is not wrong. She went with her gut.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I would hope that when deciding to accept a marriage proposal (or not) that one goes with her heart instead of their gut.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Finally found time to watch Bachelor Pad II final, w/o already knowing everything that happened via the internet, etc.
    Just my thoughts:

Jake: I never found him to be the ogre that everyone else did w/the whole Vienna ordeal. If what he claims really happened (V selling the breakup story) I could see how he could lose patience and tell her off. Remember, no one in the house of all the girls liked her. That says something right there. Everybody can't be wrong and she's a lousy fake cryer (like in the limo after they were kicked off) You'd think she'd be better at it because I have a feeling she uses the poor little me scenario a lot...with everybody.

Kasey: I think he's begining to see the light with Vienna. I liked and believed his apology to Jake and I completely understand his immediate response of wanting to protect (& guard) his girl. I did feel he layed it on a little too thick when he was talking to Chris Harrison. I don't completely trust him or his words of regret because I'm still remembering his statement that his grandmother needed the money to live!! You and Johnny Fairplay have a lot in common.

Erica: looked fabulous!! Comported herself wonderfully, even with the silly gag of the gavel. I think she probably got to know Kasey and Vienna better because they stayed with her for a week....probably because that is when her father did Vienna's nose??

Ames: From what I've heard, he comes from "good breeding and money" of the Eastern US area. Altho many laughed at his red pants, they were not an unusual item for that crowd. I really got the feeling that he fell hard for Jackie in the BP house but as they continued to get to know each other, he found that she really wasn't his type for whatever reason that we'll never know....maybe he knew she wouldn't fit into his lifestyle or was too clingy/demanding. To me, the fact that she said she couldn't get out of bed for a week after he broke up with her is definitely a red flag as to her stability. I think he was trying to be a gentleman and not hurt her.

Blake and Holly: They may very well deserve each other altho I doubt they'll last. Michael dodged a bullet but hasn't realized it yet. He will someday.

Michelle and Graham: I think they just might have what it takes to make a very good couple. I know that distance is a problem right now but I think they've found something valuable. I hope so. I never really liked Graham (on Deanna's season)....couldn't see what she was so crazy about. But the Graham that was on BPII was a very upstanding man with great values. Michelle also seemed very real and not the weirdo she seemed with Brad.

TPTB: Shame on them for their disgusting way of not caring about anyone's feelings. I don't blame Holly or Blake for how Michael learned about their engagement. I blame TPTB!

As for Chris Harrison: he's nothing but a game show host, does what he's told and cashes his checks. I used to think he was a real and decent person but he's just a puppet. Not even sure he writes his own blogs.

Ella: Looked different with her surgical work done. Seems like the swelling still needs to go down before you can tell how it'll look. Wish she'd left her lips alone. I really dislike duck lips. Altho she did make me laugh when she was sooo concerned about doing the acrobatics for the Cirque du Soleil routine, so high up in the air, saying she hoped all went well because if it didn't her little boy wouldn't have his mom. Wonder if she gave the same amount of consideration when she went under general anesthia for so many procedures. I'm not against having plastic surgery...I just don't like hypocrites.

And I enjoyed watching this trashy show....a lot. Shame on me but Reality Tv is my vice of choice.

If you haven't already, try to read Michael and Holly's exit interviews.

To one of the questions posed about Holly's moving to SC, Mike responds with a description of their final long conversation held 2-3 weeks prior to the finale. He says that he asked Holly if she had a job lined up in SC/what would she do there. She said--and he quoted--"I don't know what I'm doing" with tears in her eyes. Perhaps she meant that she didn't know what she was doing career-wise; probably more likely that she means she's lost.

Michael and Holly both contributed to their end. I do, however, consider the factors that affected that end. Holly admittedly describes herself as a commitment-phobe. Sadly, she has a well-known dating history. The jumping around among reality-TV guys makes me wonder about her emotional stability--does she really want/need the small bits of publicity that come with a public relationship? Why does she crave that kind of attention? Why does she need the world to "see" her relationship play out? As for Michael, I do think that he broke up with her the second time from losing trust in her. His error was in taking her back after she walked away from him. But the heart wants what it wants. It's clear that he adored her.

As for Blake and Holly, many signs indicate that there could be major trouble down the line. Foremost, Blake's behavior in both of his seasons shows a level of insecurity covered over by smugness. He takes what he wants without concern for others and blames other people before he owns his behavior. In interviews, Blake made a point to say that the date with Holly was Mike's idea. Mike corrected that statement in his interview, saying that Blake asked him if he could take Holly and that he'd be respectful. To renege on that promise in pursuit of his own interests just shows to me an immaturity and insensitivity on Blake's end. Furthermore, if Holly could disregard Mike enough to kiss and flirt with Blake in front of Mike, why would she curb those desires in the future? And what will Holly's life be like now? Is she going to work with Blake at his dental practice? She knows no one in SC. They'll be together 24/7?

As for Blake and Holly's defense for blindsiding Michael, the fact remains that they allowed it to happen. I don't care what's in the way, when you care/d deeply for a person, their feelings precede any contract with a stupid TV show. You drive to their house. You call a mutual friend. You email them. You prepare them, and let them fake act when the "truth" is revealed.

Sometimes, we all dive in when we're captivated by someone; sometimes, we just know. But it's difficult here to give Holly the benefit of the doubt given her track record. One thing that she and Blake may have going for them: the fire that their going through right now might meld them together in an unbreakable bond. Holly can run from problems for miles; eventually when she stops running, she'll realize that she carried them with her from California to South Carolina. Life hands out the same lesson repeatedly until a person learns it.
    Last edited by veg_out; 09-14-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Well, I still don't believe that Holly intended on telling Michael before hand. She claims she tried to call him the night before but the news was all over the internet days before the finale. She had plenty of time to tell him. And he does have a Twitter account so unless he didn't use his computer for a few days before, he had to have known. If he really didn't, she had days to tell him. It was crappy of Fleiss & Co. to break it to him the way they did, but Holly is still the one I blame. She had plenty of time to tell him. Plenty.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Well, I still don't believe that Holly intended on telling Michael before hand. She claims she tried to call him the night before but the news was all over the internet days before the finale. She had plenty of time to tell him. And he does have a Twitter account so unless he didn't use his computer for a few days before, he had to have known. If he really didn't, she had days to tell him. It was crappy of Fleiss & Co. to break it to him the way they did, but Holly is still the one I blame. She had plenty of time to tell him. Plenty.
    I have no idea what she knew when she knew it. The proposal taped Sunday. Totally possible she thought they were just filming an update for the show. And Michael did know they were still dating. Blake is the douche here - my opinion only. He fell into the wanting to be a celebrity trap. He didn't have to film the proposal. He didn't have to take a ring paid for by someone else. He could have waited and made it a private moment - but he didn't.

I agree with you that there should have been a way to tell Michael. I understand they were secluded afterwards until Tuesday when it taped. I blame her a little less, until it comes out that she knew they were going to be filming a proposal. Right now I don't know that. But yes, there is always a way. And if it were me, I don't care if there was a camera in my face when the finale taped - if the producers had promised me they wouldn't blindside Michael, you better believe I would have made a big stink at the taping about it until they would have had to edit it so bad that they would probably just choose to delete the footage. Like I said, there are always ways if that is the truth!

As for the stories being out there - JavoJo, you may have seen some stuff that I didn't. The only stories I saw about the engagement were from People, and they came out Wednesday or Thursday last week, after the finale had taped. All I saw before that was that Blake and Holly were still together and she was moving to SC - which Michael already knew going into the finale.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Finally found time to watch Bachelor Pad II final, w/o already knowing everything that happened via the internet, etc.
    Just my thoughts:

Jake: I never found him to be the ogre that everyone else did w/the whole Vienna ordeal. If what he claims really happened (V selling the breakup story) I could see how he could lose patience and tell her off. Remember, no one in the house of all the girls liked her. That says something right there. Everybody can't be wrong and she's a lousy fake cryer (like in the limo after they were kicked off) You'd think she'd be better at it because I have a feeling she uses the poor little me scenario a lot...with everybody.

TPTB: Shame on them for their disgusting way of not caring about anyone's feelings.

As for Chris Harrison: he's nothing but a game show host, does what he's told and cashes his checks. I used to think he was a real and decent person but he's just a puppet. Not even sure he writes his own blogs.
    I do agree with you about Chris Harrison and the producers of the Bachelor franchise. TPTB don't care one iota about any of these people, and CH is their puppet - doing whatever is asked of him - all the while pretending to be a friend of these contestants. CH has sold his soul to the devil.

I don't completely disagree with your assessment of Jake and Vienna. These two are definitely in this for the fame. Jake wanted an acting career, so he went on the Bachelorette to audition for the part of the Bachelor....i.e.: his trip to Austin to rat on Wes during his hometown visit. And who can forget the scene of Jake crying on the balcony while there?

I think that Vienna went on the Bachelor looking for fame and perhaps a way out of her life back in Florida. She and Jake are two peas in a pod - too much alike to make a relationship work. Jake's stint on the Bachelor started opening up opportunities for him - DWTS and Drop Dead Diva. I really don't think that any of us ever thought that Jake would actually marry Vienna, and she turned out to be a very controversal choice in the end...not the best choice for his image. I truly believe that it was only a matter of time before Jake sold his story of the breakup to the tabloids. Maybe Vienna beat him to the punch.

Then there was the televised "breakup". The public's preception of Jake after that won Vienna sympathy. So, that round (Round One) went to Vienna. Jake went on BP2 to expose Vienna and redeem himself. That round (Round Two) went to Jake. Vienna and Kasey both came off looking pathetic while Jake continued to "bait them" with kindness.

Yes, it is true that Vienna was not well liked in the house while she was on the Bachelor, but the same could be said about Jake. Jake did not leave the Bachelorette with any friends either. Remember all the things that were said about Jake during the Men Tell All? He was skewered on the hot seat!!! And I heard Mike Stagliano say on Access Hollywood that Jake did not ever really hang out with any of the guys when he was in the house on BP2. Mike said that Jake just walked around by himself and mostly talked to the production guys. So, that pretty much shoots down what Jake said in the limo about everyone in the house (I believe that was 15 to be exact) wanted to keep in touch with him. Apparently that was an exaggeration on his part.

So, in conclusion I say that the problems between Jake and Vienna should be equally shared by the two of them. Neither is the victim here. They both have their faults. I hope that I never see either of them appearing on ANY of the shows that I like to watch......please!!!!! I won't be watching Jake on H8R's.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 09-14-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Dragonlady and sparklete like this.

FORT Fan

Just around to watching this this morning, wow.... can't really say I'm happy for Holly and Blake, what a slimy way to take Michael's heart and stomp on it. Have to say he's better off without her, seems to me she just likes to collect engagement rings, good luck with that Blake. I'd take bets she calls it off.
    sclilred1 likes this.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Ironically, I have romanticized the whole TB/TBette/BP enchilada. I now burp with indigestion from the processed and poorly spiced enchilada. Quite the distasteful dish, indeed.

IF true that Holly and Blake's engagement was all over the internet prior to taping the BP finale, even IF Holly neglected to tell Michael, as some assert, why wouldn't have anyone else? Come on ... he would have found out ...

Regardless what the story is or becomes, I still believe Michael knew ...

With that said, I will hold out hope that I am wrong IF handlers assigned to ALL finalists to limit contact those final days prior to taping --- 24/7 chaperoning, confiscating cell phones and controlling all other contact avenues. I haven't been following tweets ... could this have been the case?

(For the record, I highly doubt Holly would willingly withhold engagement news from Michael ... from what we know about her, doing so is not at all her MO.)
    BTW likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast