+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: 9/12 FINALE! BP2 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/12 FINALE! BP2 *West Coast Spoilers*

I personally think these people need to get full time jobs and stop the reality tv show circuit. The have become old and passe now. I don't think these people are as bad as they are allowing themselves to be portrayed so why would you sell yourself out for a small amount of money that in this economy isn't going to last a long time. For those who live in California the check after taxes isn't going to be that much and the cost of living there is outrageous and since Michael and Holly won have either of them had a regular job in who knows when. Guess it will pay the bills til they can find another show to go on.......JMO
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out
    I did find it surprising that more people did not vote for Michelle/Graham. As evidenced by Blake's comment, I guess that their strategy to avoid drama also withdrew them from any real competition. Even Holly credited Kasey and Mike with making the tough choices throughout the season. IMO, the only person who deserved that money based solely on gamesmanship was Mike. He won most of those challenges and strategized effectively without destroying valuable relationships. Holly rode Mike's wave to the end.
    Michelle/Graham were content to live behind the people who did the dirty work, yet not win enough comps to ensure their own safety. According to Chris Harrison, they did strategize enough, but still didn't get their hands dirty. Nobody saw them as a threat, and that may have been their downfall. You have to get your hands dirty sometimes.

Kasey and Vienna have significant work to do if they want a healthier relationship. The way she treated him in the final episode showed a gross imbalance. She doesn't love and accept him for everything that he is. He then gets defensive and slams back at her after she demeans him. Sad.
    Kasey knows. He just isn't ready to acknowledge it just yet. Being with Vienna has some perks. They are still in the press, and alot of opportunities have come their way. If he was the guy that didn't want to go the "jake way", he'd realize why he is in this relationship.

I'm not sure how Michael could have NOT known. He's Twitter friends with a LOT of the people on BP2 and many of them were tweeting that they heard H/B got engaged. I think the hurt was real, but not the shock. I, too, thought Blake looked smug through most of the show. He looked like the cat that swallowed the canary.
    If I actually believed all this stuff I saw on TV, I'd say Holly was a right old git. She has been pretty honest with Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo
    Graham and Michele....so cute together. Although they never did give a straight answer as to whether they are in a relationship. They alluded but never quite fessed up.
    Sometimes people don't need to "label" their relationship. I'm kinda impressed they didn't go the Blake/Holly way and have their most private moments on TV. Seeing Graham tonight freak out and hearing rumours of an after party, it would seem that Michelle should keep things on a good friend level.

I thought it was big of Kasey to apologize to Jake and fess up to his poor actions during the show. I really felt his remorse and hope he opens his eyes a little bit further where Vienna is concerned. But whatever, I still don't like either of them.
    I think Kasey drank the Vienna kool-aide. He believed every nasty thing about Jake, then found out he had no foundation to go on. Kasey reacted instead of realizing there are 2 sides of the story. Now that he is shown to be an idiot, he wants to apologize. Nope. Sorry. He had to know that Vienna was exaggerating, especially how she acted with him. A previous relationship should have no effect on your current relationship, if it was healthy to begin with. I still think that these two "concocted" this relationship to get back on TV.

I think Michael should have chosen 'keep'. He won comps and had to watch his ex fall in love. Doesn't matter whose fault the breakup was...she was his fiance at one point and it's never easy seeing someone you loved that much with someone else. He deserved the whole amount for that alone.
    I had hoped for that too, but it never would have turned out that way. Stag has always been a stand-up guy, and would have continued to be that guy. Even with the fake Blake/Holly stuff. I'm pretty sure that many of us wouldn't choose what he did...and pettiness never amounts to much. Keeping your integrity is much harder to do. And Stag kept his...dignity and tact. The show couldn't have damaged Holly's rep any more than it had. But hey, she got 125 K for being wishy washy.

I agree to your last comment 100%. For the same reason they took Michelle and Graham to the finals over Kasey and Vienna - that is who Michael is, and who he is is worth more to him than $250k.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I personally think these people need to get full time jobs and stop the reality tv show circuit. The have become old and passe now. I don't think these people are as bad as they are allowing themselves to be portrayed so why would you sell yourself out for a small amount of money that in this economy isn't going to last a long time. For those who live in California the check after taxes isn't going to be that much and the cost of living there is outrageous and since Michael and Holly won have either of them had a regular job in who knows when. Guess it will pay the bills til they can find another show to go on.......JMO
    I agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Jackie and Ames. I am speculating that producers approached Ames about being the next bachelor before opting for Ben, and this is why the breakup occurred so suddently. Otherwise, I think Ames would have given the relationship a bit more time - or minimally given Jackie a better explanation. It just doesn't add up otherwise. He's too "polite". I always thought there was something more to Ames than what he gives off on camera. I think he is angling for a tv career but has just never admitted it out loud.
    You may be onto something here! I thought the Ames/Jackie interaction was so strange, given Ames' eloquence in speaking in the past. Maybe he was in talks (or just wanted to be considered) to be the next Bachelor and he's embarrassed that he gave Jackie the boot for no reason.

FORT Fogey

On Jackie and Ames: I don't think he broke up with her for no reason. I think he didn't want to hurt her more by telling her the actual reasons. What would those be? Judging from what he repeatedly said he loved about Ashley (whether we agree or not) and his academic and personal background, the qualities at the top of his list are intelligence, independence (self-reliant), an adventurous spirit, career ambition, and self-confidence. How do you tell someone they aren't smart enough, they are too needy and have low self-esteem? Maybe he thought it was better just to tell her he's just not that into her. I think he found her pretty and warm and cuddly on the show, and assumed she had more. When they dated at home, he realized she didn't have the other attributes and ended it. Last night, she displayed all the opposite traits of the ones I just listed: teary, whiny (what did I do wrong?), etc. Maybe I'm over-analyzing and it was something really simple like her politics, who knows, but whatever it was, it was enough to leave him with no doubts there was no future between them, so good for him for ending it sooner rather than later.

I just saw Ames, he looked so uncomfortable .Was there really a need for the two of them to hash out their separation like this. I have always loved Ames, and will continue to do so. But seeing him so very uncomfortable, and Jackie hurt, that was deplorable of the show imnsho.I always thought or felt that the part where he ran to the limo was scripted.

I agree, ZG_Champion! I think it was Ames trying to take all the heat and be seen as the "bad guy" to spare announcing on national TV why he really broke up with Jackie. My guess, given his background and intelligence, is that he saw pretty quickly that while he liked her, he didn't see a future with her. If that was the case, I give him credit for getting out as soon as he realized that instead of trying to make something work that just wasn't going to. With Ashley, she was an intelligent person and an educated person. I don't know what Jackie's background is - but I think he looks for a connection, but he also looks for a life partner . . . .and saw pretty quickly that Jackie didn't fit the latter category, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    The three-hour shows are too long.

As for Holly and Blake, it was an inconsiderate thing to do. On Twitter, both Blake and Holly are defending their actions, stating that ABC cut Holly's tie to Michael. Blake also tweeted that he "got it in writing" that ABC would not let Michael be blindsided. I imagine that they dropped that bomb in hopes that Mike would say "Keep." To me, their constant defense of their actions only makes them look bad. They not only pursued each other in front of her ex-fiance, but then they accepted a proposal to be aired at show's end, the same show in which Holly was still competing with Michael as her partner.
    Did anyone on Twitter last night ask Blake or Holly about the rumor that the engagement ring that he gave Holly didn't cost him anything? I wonder if that was what ABC offered him and Holly in order to get them to agree to film the proposal - a free diamond engagement ring!!! I bet some of you good sleuthers out there can even come up with a picture of the ring and how much it is worth.

When I was watching last night, it appeared that Holly was taken off guard when CH started talking to Michael about her engagement to Blake. So, for that reason, I felt like Michael was getting blindsided. On the other hand, the engagement had already been leaked in the tabloids, so I do wonder how Michael had not heard about it prior to the finale. But, I don't know the timelines - like how close to the finale did ABC film the engagement? Was there time for that information to get to Michael before they filmed the finale?

My bigger question, though, would be for Blake? Why the rush? Why not date for a while afterwards and just let all the controversy die down? No matter how he defends the decision to televise the engagement to Holly, it was a slap in the face for Michael - who had clearly made his feelings for Holly known. Blake knew that Michael had unresolved feelings for Holly. In my opinion it would have been so much kinder if Blake had just waited until after BP had ended to pursue a relationship with Holly, but that didn't happen. So, now he will just have to deal with the consequences.
    sclilred1 and veg_out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDucks View Post
    No, sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks for reposting it. Wow, she looks awful, at least her nose does. Wonder how she paid for it...
    She didn't. It was done by Erica Rose's dad for the publicity. He also did Vienna's nose - for the same price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast