+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 9/5 Show Thread Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/5 Show Thread Episode 5 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness View Post
    I thought Ella was the one whose husband died in a plane wreck or something...or was that someone else (not Emily I know what happened to her) but I remember from a previous season of the Bachelor one of the contestants who had a child the husband died...was that Ella?
    No - that was Stephanie from Jason's season

I'm ready for this season to be over. This latest episode was by far the worst. The producers must HATE women except for their bodies. Kasey and Vienna's talk about sex and then the edited sequence following it irritated me. In a conversation in which Vienna was underlining that she did NOT want to have sex, not only does Kasey argue with her by making low blows about her past, but also the show chooses to air that fight followed by a sex scene. Even if it was edited, it sends the message that women should not be taken at their word; that men can use any type of manipulation to get what they want; and women should submit to a guy's desire even if she changes her mind.

As for Holly, I don't understand her choices. The bikini incident, whether her idea or not, was another example of portraying women as teases/flirts/objects. Given the way that she treated Michael as she blatantly pursued Blake in front of him just makes me wonder about her.

Erica was absurd.

Blah, blah. I'm done for this season. Bring on Ben The Bachelor!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

One thing I wondered about was Erica's hair. It always looked awful...almost like it needed a shampoo asap. Then I noticed when she was talking to Blake, how she constantly kept doing stuff with her hair. Couldn't keep her hands off of it. Maybe that's why it looked greasy.
    Just wondering as I liked her better here than when she was on The Bachelor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    One thing I wondered about was Erica's hair. It always looked awful...almost like it needed a shampoo asap. Then I noticed when she was talking to Blake, how she constantly kept doing stuff with her hair. Couldn't keep her hands off of it. Maybe that's why it looked greasy.
    Yes, her hair looks terrible and in part because of her constant handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Erica has hair extensions.

When Holly talks to Michael, she barely moves her mouth mumbles her words....and looks like she's on the verge of tears. Michael always falls for it hook line and sinker. I noticed Holly doesn't put that show on with Blake.
    alizarules and sclilred1 like this.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    When Holly talks to Michael, she barely moves her mouth mumbles her words....and looks like she's on the verge of tears. Michael always falls for it hook line and sinker. I noticed Holly doesn't put that show on with Blake.
    On Monday, I'm sure I'll be rather frustrated with Holly.

As for the Blake/Holly/Michael triangle, it does confuse me. Operating central to all other motives is Holly's need for attention. Entering that house, Holly knew Michael would be there and then she also met Blake. At this point, I don't see malicious intent behind Holly's actions. Being cooped up in a house with your ex-fiance would resurrect all kinds of unresolved issues and feelings, esp. given the way it ended. Michael and Holly didn't speak for three months, a time when other couple's might process the hurt alone and together. So, I don't entirely fault her for being confused or Michael for realizing that he still loved her. At this point, though, too much damage has been done to both of them by each other. It's much easier to start over with a new person, bringing to that new relationship the lessons that the failed relationship taught you. Holly doesn't seem interested in doing the work that it would take to heal her and Michael.

The weirdest part of it all is that Michael suggested for Blake to take Holly on a date. At that point in the season, it seems like Mike knew that Holly and Blake were flirting/into each other. Why would you even suggest that? Unless it was all strategy to get Holly to the end. Talk about a strategy that shot Mike in the foot!

Blake could be another guy in Holly's long list of Bachelor boyfriends. He could also be the One. Sometimes people are serial daters because they haven't found that person who matches them at every level. Maybe she jumped so quickly with Blake because she just "knew." Maybe the fissures in her relationship with Mike ran too deep that they couldn't be closed.

Each person knows what they need in and from a relationship. Where I do fault Holly is in pursuing Blake right in front of Michael. Both Holly and Blake showed enough of an inconsiderate side that it could be an issue in having a strong relationship. What a doozy!
    1dog2kids likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    The weirdest part of it all is that Michael suggested for Blake to take Holly on a date. At that point in the season, it seems like Mike knew that Holly and Blake were flirting/into each other. Why would you even suggest that? Unless it was all strategy to get Holly to the end. Talk about a strategy that shot Mike in the foot!
    I can see someone older and more mature than Michael suggesting the date because he might want to really find out if Holly is the one for him or is he just still infatuated. If she doesn't love Michael as much as he needs her too, it's better to find out now. But usually young people don't think that way.....They're much more insecure and needy. (no, not all...prob more from my personal experience )

Blake could be another guy in Holly's long list of Bachelor boyfriends. He could also be the One. Sometimes people are serial daters because they haven't found that person who matches them at every level. Maybe she jumped so quickly with Blake because she just "knew." Maybe the fissures in her relationship with Mike ran too deep that they couldn't be closed.
    I would agree with this if I could see more maturity in Holly. Right now all I see is a girl who needs (for whatever reason) to have a long line of guys wanting her. I think it's more about her than what she feels about the men. It's always a good sign when a girl resorts to using her body & sexuality to tempt a guy, like she did with the wearing the bikini in the kitchen & admitting it.

I also don't see that same maturity in Blake. He's still thinking with the wrong head.
    But they're young, they might as well play these games while they can and if they learn from it, all the better.

Erica has hair extensions.
    Ditto...she's admitted it several times.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

So, are we pumped about the 3 hour show tonight? Nah, I didn't think so. One hour show tonight at 8 followed by a 2 hour finale. I can't quite remember what happened at last year's finale other than the show bringing the contestants back and lots of questions and the final two couples on the hot seat. They are really, really going to have lots of filler in those 2 hours, I bet. I hope I can stay awake!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast