+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 8/29 BP 2 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/29 BP 2 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

I don't think that Holly cheated on Michael in the strictest sense of the term. Her flirtatiousness might call her commitment into question. Based on the show alone, Holly appears fickle, wanting the attention of any and all guys. Her conversation with Melissa speaks loudly of her view: she'll flirt with any guy who isn't in a serious relationship. Based solely on his edit, Michael appears to be this lovesick guy who cares more about loving Holly than the money. Maybe this whole thing is strategy?

Edits aside, the comments made by people who truly know Holly and Michael round out the perspective. I've yet to hear a negative thing said by any guy or girl about Michael, from Bachelorette to Bachelor Pad to Bachelorette Beatdown participants. As for Holly, it's not all roses though most of those comments come from her ex-boyfriend, Jesse C., and his friends. Natalie tries to remain Switzerland but makes it clear that Holly was the one who broke up with Michael. Deanna and Tenley, girls with whom Holly was very close, seem to have limited interaction with her now.

To me, Holly seems like a nice, fun person who just isn't sure what she wants, except that she doesn't want to settle down. The cycling through Bachelor-related guys is interesting. She's now been involved with four guys connected to that show. Why?
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I don't think that Holly cheated on Michael in the strictest sense of the term. Her flirtatiousness might call her commitment into question. Based on the show alone, Holly appears fickle, wanting the attention of any and all guys. Her conversation with Melissa speaks loudly of her view: she'll flirt with any guy who isn't in a serious relationship. Based solely on his edit, Michael appears to be this lovesick guy who cares more about loving Holly than the money. Maybe this whole thing is strategy?

Edits aside, the comments made by people who truly know Holly and Michael round out the perspective. I've yet to hear a negative thing said by any guy or girl about Michael, from Bachelorette to Bachelor Pad to Bachelorette Beatdown participants. As for Holly, it's not all roses though most of those comments come from her ex-boyfriend, Jesse C., and his friends. Natalie tries to remain Switzerland but makes it clear that Holly was the one who broke up with Michael. Deanna and Tenley, girls with whom Holly was very close, seem to have limited interaction with her now.

To me, Holly seems like a nice, fun person who just isn't sure what she wants, except that she doesn't want to settle down. The cycling through Bachelor-related guys is interesting. She's now been involved with four guys connected to that show. Why?
    JMO but she can't be without a man and there is a large pool of guys to pick through that have been on the show
    fireflyer, sclilred1 and nanarama like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by madlyophelia View Post
    Every week, my jaw drops at the final results, especially as it relates to Kasey, who seems to mangle words like George Bush.
    LOL.

Everytime I see him I think to myself, "What a GOOBER!"

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    JMO but she can't be without a man and there is a large pool of guys to pick through that have been on the show
    Butterfly, I agree with you that the "Bachelornation" as TPTB call it now boasts a large number of men and women from which to choose a potential date. With Holly, though, why does she not date people outside of the franchise? That's my bigger question. That's what I don't understand. Sure, it could just be circumstance.

Holly, though, isn't the only person who's chosen the Bachelor rejects as her dating pool. Natalie, Jesse C., Vienna, and others also date within it. Maybe it is such a strange experience or they share so much in common that it's easier to date someone from Bachelornation. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Butterfly, I agree with you that the "Bachelornation" as TPTB call it now boasts a large number of men and women from which to choose a potential date. With Holly, though, why does she not date people outside of the franchise? That's my bigger question. That's what I don't understand. Sure, it could just be circumstance.

Holly, though, isn't the only person who's chosen the Bachelor rejects as her dating pool. Natalie, Jesse C., Vienna, and others also date within it. Maybe it is such a strange experience or they share so much in common that it's easier to date someone from Bachelornation. I don't know.
    I don't either, but think it is great that some good couples have come out of it as well - Tenley and Kiptyn and Chris L. and Peyton being two good ones!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't either, but think it is great that some good couples have come out of it as well - Tenley and Kiptyn and Chris L. and Peyton being two good ones!
    I remember one time Deanna saying that the bachelor nation formed its own type of family and they liked hanging out together because only the ones that have been on the show can understand what it was like since they can't share the REAL TRUTH of what goes on with outsiders maybe thats why they look for others that have been through the same thing....tells me that what goes on behind the scens must be worse than some of us have thought

The pairings between rejected contestants is probably similar to the pairings of any industry.
    Plus, an advantage these contestants have over the real world is that they've all been tested for STD's (except HPV), so they have a sense of sexual safety, i.e. a slightly better buffet than what the general public can eat at...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Now granted, this is only my own conjecture, but I wonder if maybe another guy was involved in the initial breakup, & then Holly realized that she made a mistake chosing the wrong guy. This would explain the references to "not trusting her", & her "hurting" him, & him "not loving her anymore". Also, in him maybe realizing he really wasn't over her, even with the whole hurt/not trusting thing.
    I think this makes the most sense of the situation. I remember being somewhat puzzled when I first heard that after the first breakup, Michael "didn't trust" her. If your Significant Other says they cant continue because they don't think the relationship isn't working or there's doubts, etc....."Trust" just doesn't become a normal reaction to that.
    Again, I will say it: Holly is realizing how appealing she is to men, even tho not drop-dead gorgeous, etc...but she's def got something men fall all over for so I don't think it's Michael she doesn't want...I think she wants to enjoy her youth and power some more before settling on one guy.
    I don't blame her nor do I blame Michael. She's just not ready and I don't think she intentionally wants to hurt Michael. It's more about timing.
    Now Vienna is a much more calculating person and in it for what's best for her, despite anyone else's feelings.
    I'm positive she's using Kasey for as long as it suits her needs. He will not be the last one for her. And I still can't figure out what anyone sees in her....I didn't see it w/JAke and not w/KAsey either. She's not that good looking, her personality is not that great...she acts like a spoiled little girl. Just don't get it.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    The pairings between rejected contestants is probably similar to the pairings of any industry.
    Plus, an advantage these contestants have over the real world is that they've all been tested for STD's (except HPV), so they have a sense of sexual safety, i.e. a slightly better buffet than what the general public can eat at...
    true they are tested BEFORE THEIR SEASON ONLY though...what happens between then and now...who knows with all the hook ups we hear about at these reunion paryties what someone could be carrying now
    fireflyer likes this.

Agreed. From the reunion footage and blather on Twitter, I'm pretty sure that many of the former contestants' "numbers" have increased, voiding out the test results. Part of me wonders if they choose from among themselves due to the likelihood of increased exposure/fame similar to Tenley/Kiptyn, Ali/Rob, Ash/JP, Chris/Peyton.
    fireflyer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread