+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 8/29 BP 2 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/29 BP 2 Show Thread Episode 4 *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm still shaking my head as to why they refuse to get rid of Kasey and Vienna or at least one of them. And Kasey saying he is running the house....sadly, it's true.
    Shoepie and sclilred1 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

What a difficult episode to watch!

Thankfully, they parred down the Vienna/Kasey of it all and developed the other characters. Ella and Kirk are such sweethearts, who had a mature conversation. Shocking! Erica continues to crack me up. Melissa seriously concerned me as she mixed her yogurt at the speed of Hurricane Irene. Her emotions entirely rule her.

Needless to say, the Mike/Holly/Blake triangle is sad. Not sure if Blake chose Holly on his own or if the show encouraged that choice to ignite both Melissa and Michael's reactions. Either way, it was abundantly obvious that Holly's flirtatious nature was in hyper drive with Blake. She kept touching him during the flight and while skiing in ways that exceeded flirtation. From her behavior, I think she's ready to be done with Mike but also doesn't know the best way to break fully from him. Someone who is in love with a person stops before they kiss another person or stays out all night with someone else. Unless tangled in an unhealthy relationship in which the person is actively trying to elicit jealousy from the significant other, such behavior really doesn't belong in a loving relationship. That being said, I do think that Holly is not trying to lead Mike on. When they were at the rose ceremony, she did not initiate the kisses nor did she look entirely interested in laying down with him. She openly stated the reasons that she was struggling with them reuniting. Where she is wrong is in blaming Mike for their end. Holly is the one who started the ball rolling on them coming undone. At this point, Holly clearly doesn't know if she wants to spend her life with Michael. It's clear that the idea of cutting herself off from "what's out there" is not very appealing. Part of me is curious about Holly's family life, esp. her relationship with her dad or her parents' relationship.

Did anyone notice that a) Ashley Hebert didn't bring in the second date card ? b) they edited out the part in Mike and Holly's conversation post-Blake date in which she kissed his cheek when he told her he missed her so much?

I thought Michelle's taking herself out of thecontest was odd when she didn't have a problem with the contest week 1 in which she was suspended over a bed, in a bikini, with her legs wrapped around a guy amid talk of the guys having physical reactions to the closeness. To me that was far skankier - especially compared with the chaste kisses many of the contestants gave.
    Also, I was cracking up about all the girls who said Kasey's breath was super bad. How must Vienna have felt as they made faces when they got close? Did she think they were reluctant just out of respect to her?
    K&R's arrogance has gotten on my last nerve. Why are these dummies on the show to blind to understand that in the game they need to break up the power just like Jake and a few others have warned?
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    What a difficult episode to watch!

Thankfully, they parred down the Vienna/Kasey of it all and developed the other characters. Ella and Kirk are such sweethearts, who had a mature conversation. Shocking! Erica continues to crack me up. Melissa seriously concerned me as she mixed her yogurt at the speed of Hurricane Irene. Her emotions entirely rule her.

Needless to say, the Mike/Holly/Blake triangle is sad. Not sure if Blake chose Holly on his own or if the show encouraged that choice to ignite both Melissa and Michael's reactions. Either way, it was abundantly obvious that Holly's flirtatious nature was in hyper drive with Blake. She kept touching him during the flight and while skiing in ways that exceeded flirtation. From her behavior, I think she's ready to be done with Mike but also doesn't know the best way to break fully from him. Someone who is in love with a person stops before they kiss another person or stays out all night with someone else. Unless tangled in an unhealthy relationship in which the person is actively trying to elicit jealousy from the significant other, such behavior really doesn't belong in a loving relationship. That being said, I do think that Holly is not trying to lead Mike on. When they were at the rose ceremony, she did not initiate the kisses nor did she look entirely interested in laying down with him. She openly stated the reasons that she was struggling with them reuniting. Where she is wrong is in blaming Mike for their end. Holly is the one who started the ball rolling on them coming undone. At this point, Holly clearly doesn't know if she wants to spend her life with Michael. It's clear that the idea of cutting herself off from "what's out there" is not very appealing. Part of me is curious about Holly's family life, esp. her relationship with her dad or her parents' relationship.

Did anyone notice that a) Ashley Hebert didn't bring in the second date card ? b) they edited out the part in Mike and Holly's conversation post-Blake date in which she kissed his cheek when he told her he missed her so much?
    Perhaps I am just tired of hearing the Holly bashing, but maybe the reason she got the ball rolling is maybe, just maybe, the relationship wasn't that good ...

The one thing we have learned that has bothered me is not that she backed off, but that when he ended it with her, he did so with rather hurtful absolutes --- a declaration that he didn't love her and for him, there was no hope to get back together.

Point is, could be that there is another relationship side of Michael we are not seeing that isn't so charming ...
    Shoepie likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I thought Michelle's taking herself out of thecontest was odd when she didn't have a problem with the contest week 1 in which she was suspended over a bed, in a bikini, with her legs wrapped around a guy amid talk of the guys having physical reactions to the closeness. To me that was far skankier - especially compared with the chaste kisses many of the contestants gave.
    Not to mention that she was very sexually aggressive with Brad on The Bachelor! I couldn't believe that NOW she's playing the chaste mom card.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Perhaps I am just tired of hearing the Holly bashing, but maybe the reason she got the ball rolling is maybe, just maybe, the relationship wasn't that good ...

The one thing we have learned that has bothered me is not that she backed off, but that when he ended it with her, he did so with rather hurtful absolutes --- a declaration that he didn't love her and for him, there was no hope to get back together.

Point is, could be that there is another relationship side of Michael we are not seeing that isn't so charming ...
    My post wasn't bashing Holly. I actually defended her by saying that she didn't seem like she was trying to lead him on. I just don't agree with her putting the blame on him. Neither of them are without fault regarding the demise of their engagement/relationship.

I am uncomfortable though with pursuing a relationship with someone else in front of your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend's face.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    From what I have gotten from Michael and Holly's PIs, Michael didn't break up with Holly for being wishy washy --- he dumped her --- told her he didn't love her, would never get back together and seems as if he only changed his mind once on Bachelor Pad.
    According to Holly's bio (on the first page of Holly's thread in this forum):
    Holly was engaged to fellow Bachelor Pad Season 2 contestant Michael Stagliano, then broke off the engagement, only to realize she'd made a mistake. Just days after the breakup, she ran back to Michael, but it was too late; he could no longer trust her. Now living in the pad together, Holly's ready for a rebound.

I thought they did get back together, but then Michael ended up breaking up with her later because he was too hurt. In any case, Holly did break up with Michael initially. It drives me nuts when she puts all the blame on him. But he also should stand up for himself and remind her that she is the one who broke them up to begin with. I think he just doesn't want to rock the boat that's already in danger of capsizing.

ETA: I hope it doesn't look like you're being piled on, Ryansmommy. The previous email wasn't there when I started posting, and I just picked your email to respond to regarding who broke up first. Holly just needs to own up to the mistakes SHE made also.
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Holly speaks softly and occasionally interjects a sentence to bring clarity to her situation with Michael. When she said, I still have so much anger, it said she was deeply hurt by some of his actions. She also said that their relationship was not easy. She loves him but cannot work with some of his behavior.

She commented on him, now, saying everything she wanted to hear 3 months ago. He had 3 months to apologize and profess his love and he didnt. This is huge for her.

Funny but I see Michael as the jerk and Holly hurt and confused.

Sure, it isn't good to date someone flagrantly in front of your ex but they signed on for this show and it is happening. Deal with it Michael, you had your chance.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm still shaking my head as to why they refuse to get rid of Kasey and Vienna or at least one of them. And Kasey saying he is running the house....sadly, it's true.
    Every week, my jaw drops at the final results, especially as it relates to Kasey, who seems to mangle words like George Bush. But I digress...

While Vienna wasn't as clearcut this week as Melissa, apparently it wasn't as close as the previous week insofar as the voting went. Could it only have been Ella and Erica who voted against Kasey? If one more had (like Michelle who seemed to be grief-stricken in the PI about William's demise), then it would've been tied. Hasn't the female rose winner broken ties in the past and that would've been Ella?

Anyway, the only reason I can see that they're keeping Kasey and Vienna is that they want someone weak for the finals, which last year were voted on by others. I mean V & K haven't won any challenges and I can see the whole house turning on them for the final show, especially if the other couple is someone likeable, i.e., hasn't made waves or caused extreme disgust.
    NEPASue likes this.

I guess I see it completely different with Holly than some do. I don't take what is said during one episode and forget the other episodes in the process. I also look at what has happened before in their relationship before they even went into the Bachelor Pad house. If I start at the beginning of the "end" of Michael and Holly I see that Holly is most definately at fault as much as Michael if not more than Michael. Holly accepted Michael's proposal. Why? Was it because her "bff" DeAnna was engaged to Michael's twin brother? We have heard Holly tell Michael that when he loved her, she didn't love him and when she loved him, he didn't love her. So then I am left to wonder even more why she said Yes if, as she has claimed, she didn't love him at that time. I would have to imagine that Michael was in love with her when he proposed to her. Next we have Holly break off the engagement. That would hurt anyone, male or female, to have the one you love who said they wanted to spend the rest of their life with you tell you that they have changed their mind for whatever reason. Michael was hurt and decided that he didn't even want to date after that. Personally I don't blame him at all. Then we have Holly "realize" that she made a mistake and tried to get back together with Michael. Apparently Michael gave her another chance but he didn't trust her again so again they break up. However, this time it was not what Holly wanted so she blames Michael. Fast forward to them going into the Bachelor Pad house. Michael has said that he realized how much he loves Holly, always will, and wants to work on things. Holly leads Michael on while saying in her PIs that she does NOT want to get back together with him. First chance Michael has to take Holly on a date while in the house Holly appears to jump at the chance and the date goes well except for Holly clueing Michael in on the loveing when not loved thing. Holly decides after that date that she does not want to be in a relationship with Michael. Michael gets another chance to take Holly on a date. Holly says in a PI that she does NOT want to go on this date with Michael, hopes that he picks someone else and that she knows they are not meant to be together. When Michael asks Holly to go on the date she says yes anyway instead of doing the mature thing and saying no. Holly had the perfect opportunity to take Michael aside and explain to him why she does not want to go on a date with him but she blows it. Holly then agrees to go on a date with Blake knowing what it will do to Michael. When Holly gets back after her more than 24 hour date with Blake she asks Michael if he missed her with a smile/smirk on her face. Holly seems to enjoy the attention she is receiving from both Michael and Blake. I have to wonder how Holly would react if Michael had gone on a date with another woman, was gone for more than 24 hours and came back to her to report that he did in fact make out with the other woman. From what I have seen of Holly that would not be ok with her. Holly appears to enjoy keeping Michael on the line while she has "fun" with Blake and IMO Michael deserves better. Michael is also not the only one of the two that "wants what they can't have". Holly wanted back with Michael when he broke up with her after she called off the engagement. Sorry guys but I see Holly as a big part of the problem here and it makes me sick that she is doing this on national tv to a sweet guy.

+ Reply to Thread