+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog BP2

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Chris Harrison Blog BP2

Chris Harrison blogs 'Bachelor Pad' episode 4 | PopWatch | EW.com

Before we start talking Bachelor Pad, I just want to say the Bachelor family is thinking about those affected by the hurricane this weekend. Our “Bachelor Gives Back” crew is already thinking of ways to help. Now let’s talk about this week’s dramatic Bachelor Pad episode. We started with the exit of Jake. He left the contestants with some very good advice: If you have any thoughts of winning this thing you have to vote out the power couples. Kasey survived the closest vote yet and as he put it, he feels he is the strongest “strategist” in the house. You would think with Jake gone the house would calm down but that was not the case at all.

I came in the house to introduce this week’s very benign contest, the kissing competition. But as was the case all along with this crew, it didn’t take long to set the kids off. For some reason after all they have all said and done on this show, the kissing contest was just too much to handle and the house was sent spiraling out of control. This is where they decided to draw the line of decency. Sadly enough I’m not even joking. Once they all realized this was not the end of civilization and that they would indeed all live, the contest began — minus one holdout, Michelle Money, who did not want to participate out of respect for her daughter.

The story of the love triangle between Jake, Vienna and Kasey has now become the story of the love triangle between Michael, Holly and Blake. This simple kissing contest might just be the beginning of the end for Michael and Holly. Michael kissed Holly and she said it was nice. Of course, as Holly put it, “Then comes number five” — Blake. The kiss they shared was very different. Despite Erica’s best effort to suck the guys’ faces off, Ella and her self-proclaimed magical lips won the contest in a landslide. As for the guys, much to the dismay of Michael, Blake was the pucker champ.

Ella chose Kirk to join her on the date. If you recognized the house they went to you should: that’s the house we use for the Bachelor or Bachelorette to live in. That was Ashley’s house, and that is exactly where Ashley and JP shared their first romantic date. Kirk’s story is very emotional, as we had learned on Ali’s season of the Bachelorette. I don’t think anybody wasn’t moved by Ella’s story about her childhood and what she wants to do with the money if she wins. The big story of the day, though, was which woman would Blake choose to take on his date. Melissa obviously assumed it would be her. With Jake now gone, Erica did her best to persuade Blake to be her new partner. I love Erica’s negotiating tactics. Last week she kissed Jake to seal the deal and this week she decided a massage and a not-so-veiled proposition would do it for Blake. I’d love to watch her argue a case in a courtroom some day.

When it came time for Blake to pull the trigger, he choose Holly. He might as well have been lighting a stick of dynamite. Whether the decision was right or wrong I’ll give the guy this, he’s got some big ones. I couldn’t believe he had the stones to go with what he wanted in Holly, instead of what he knew was the easiest and maybe the right thing to do and take Melissa. Melissa of course immediately disintegrated into an emotional mess. I loved her line right after he chose Holly: “He looked right in my eye and pinky swore.” I’m sorry did she just say he “pinky swore”? My seven-year-old daughter thought that one was rich. I do understand why Melissa feels like she was played and got screwed over — because she did. Blake was playing the game and she was not. She was playing with her heart and it got crushed. What I think was a little harsh was in the emotional tirade after the decision she said some pretty hurtful things to Michael that weren’t really her place to say. Michelle Money put it best when she said Melissa wears her heart on every article of clothing she has. The scene where Melissa came in to talk to Blake and he was brushing his teeth was priceless. When he told her he needed forty more seconds and she just stood there, I lost it. I had one female friend announce that if a guy ever did that to her she would take that tooth brush and… Well let’s just say he wouldn’t want to use it as a toothbrush anymore.

Blake and Holly took a private jet up to Mammoth Mountain here in California. On a quick side note, Mammoth is one of my favorite secret spots to visit in the world. Once they got out of the house and were alone, Blake and Holly immediately hit it off and their romance began. As much as you want them to find love with each other if that is what’s to be, it was incredibly tough to watch Michael have to go through this. It’s very clear that the more they’ve been spending time together, the more Michael has realized he’s not over Holly. Unfortunately it appears Holly is getting over Michael, and Blake is there to pick up the pieces. I’ll be very interested to hear all the opinions from the “Bachelor Nation” on this. When they returned to the house, the talk between Michael and Holly was intense. He knows he’s losing her again, and that’s tough to watch.

The vote this week was emotional but pretty easy. Melissa was just far too emotional and didn’t have her head in the game. Apparently there was a guy named “Waldo” or William on the show and he was voted off as well. As soon as I figure out who that guy was, I’ll miss him. It’s really too bad — I hear he’s a funny guy. In the previews you see that just because Jake’s gone, the drama is far from over. The game will continue to intensify and so will the battle for Holly’s heart.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Why is Chris's 7 year old daughter watching this?
    sclilred1 and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The game will continue to intensify and so will the battle for Holly’s heart.
    What's so neat about Holly's heart that makes guys want to go to battle for it? She must have some pheromones or something, because the visual alone isn't that impressive.
    sclilred1 likes this.

I used to like Chris Harrison. I didn't think he deserved all the negative talk about what he did on TV. Shoot, it's a pretty nice gig.....look like a pretty robot, say the same things over and over, travel and make what I assume is a nice fat paycheck for it all. I'd do that job in a minute.
    But reading this blog ( normally don't read shows' blogs) paints a whole different Chris H to me. Unless he's not the one writing it....entirely possible.
    First of all, there is nothing "benign" about a kissing contest with these couples, some who have history with each other, etc. It's provocative, to say the least.
    But Chris words it like they are all emotionally deranged about something so "commonplace."
    Secondly, what's a seven year old kid doing watching this show?? I don't care if Daddy is on it....just shows Chris's poor judgement when he thinks he's being funny.
    Thirdly, I thought his judgemental remarks about Erica were bordering on cruel.
    Actually, his whole blog sounded cruel and belittling to all of them.
    Don't forget, Chis, old buddy with the ever growing ego, if these people weren't a little strange, you wouldn't have that nice fat paycheck.
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't find his blog disrespectful or negative at all. A tad racy for a 7 year old, probably, but not a huge deal, for me, though I wouldn't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I used to like Chris Harrison. I didn't think he deserved all the negative talk about what he did on TV. Shoot, it's a pretty nice gig.....look like a pretty robot, say the same things over and over, travel and make what I assume is a nice fat paycheck for it all. I'd do that job in a minute.
    But reading this blog ( normally don't read shows' blogs) paints a whole different Chris H to me. Unless he's not the one writing it....entirely possible.
    First of all, there is nothing "benign" about a kissing contest with these couples, some who have history with each other, etc. It's provocative, to say the least.
    But Chris words it like they are all emotionally deranged about something so "commonplace."
    Secondly, what's a seven year old kid doing watching this show?? I don't care if Daddy is on it....just shows Chris's poor judgement when he thinks he's being funny.
    Thirdly, I thought his judgemental remarks about Erica were bordering on cruel.
    Actually, his whole blog sounded cruel and belittling to all of them.
    Don't forget, Chis, old buddy with the ever growing ego, if these people weren't a little strange, you wouldn't have that nice fat paycheck.
    I agree with what you said about Chris Harrison. It is like the old saying goes: "You lay down with dogs, and you get up with fleas". Chris has morphed into those around him - his business associates - Fleiss and company. There doesn't seem to be a line anymore that Chris isn't willing to cross - as long as it will bring drama to the show.

Yes, it is Chris' job. I get that, and, yes, these people sign up for this and give the producers free reign as to how they will be portrayed on the show. But those same people have no control how they will be edited on the show - what will be spliced together or left out altogether.

But, this is the direction that television has gone. I don't watch Jersey Shore or the Housewives of (Pick a City) - not my cup of tea. Instead I find it really sad that grown people will act that way on television....but those are just my feelings. So, I guess I need to decide whether or not I even want to be counted in the "ratings game" for the BP franchise anymore. Maybe it is time to stop watching.
    sclilred1, veg_out and Fanny Mare like this.

Well said.I have decided not to watch anymore of the BP. I think Fleiss dislikes women, it's degrading( this is jmho) and I want no part of it.( or the ratings) I saw ET last night, and they showed some of the Housewives shows. I have never seen any of them, I actually dont see they would be compelling TV for me. But the swearing, the tables being turned over, I felt sick. I dont like CH, and I havent for some time. For those that like the show, this is no put down( each to their own) but I doubt I will tune in to the bachelor etc anymore. I have shut the door on these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I agree with what you said about Chris Harrison. It is like the old saying goes: "You lay down with dogs, and you get up with fleas". Chris has morphed into those around him - his business associates - Fleiss and company. There doesn't seem to be a line anymore that Chris isn't willing to cross - as long as it will bring drama to the show.

Yes, it is Chris' job. I get that, and, yes, these people sign up for this and give the producers free reign as to how they will be portrayed on the show. But those same people have no control how they will be edited on the show - what will be spliced together or left out altogether.

But, this is the direction that television has gone. I don't watch Jersey Shore or the Housewives of (Pick a City) - not my cup of tea. Instead I find it really sad that grown people will act that way on television....but those are just my feelings. So, I guess I need to decide whether or not I even want to be counted in the "ratings game" for the BP franchise anymore. Maybe it is time to stop watching.
    I agree with you to a point, but then I go back to your quote in the first paragraph, but with regard to the participants. I think of two things - first, these people have all been on a Fleiss show before, they know what he is capable of. Maybe they weren't negatively edited the first time, but they were there and know what really happened vs. what is being shown, so they know it is possible. Second, I always go back to what Kiptyn said in an interview - they can't air it if you don't give it to them. These people are all, first and foremost, famewhores. They know what they need to do to get more air time. Some of them are willing to provide it and others aren't.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well said.I have decided not to watch anymore of the BP. I think Fleiss dislikes women, it's degrading( this is jmho) and I want no part of it.( or the ratings) I saw ET last night, and they showed some of the Housewives shows. I have never seen any of them, I actually dont see they would be compelling TV for me. But the swearing, the tables being turned over, I felt sick. I dont like CH, and I havent for some time. For those that like the show, this is no put down( each to their own) but I doubt I will tune in to the bachelor etc anymore. I have shut the door on these shows.
    I'm starting to agree with you...last season and now BP2...its almost like Fleiss is sitting back saying...lets see how bad you boys can treat a woman..lets see how much emotional abuse you can heap upon them...go ahead boys treat the women like she is a piece of trash to be stomped on and for you to use to wipe your feet on...its sick and the fact that CH is sitting back and letting this happen which I thought he wouldn't ever stand for is upsetting..wonder how he is gonna feel when some guy treats his daughter that way later in life
    fireflyer and Fanny Mare like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Chris started to surprise me most last season. He gave an interview about Ashley in which he called her "cocky". I'd not heard them ever slam a lead like that in the past; they use euphemisms instead even when there's bad behavior. Once I read his first interview about the Bachelor Pad, I was shocked by the way he bitterly commented about past contestants, essentially saying, "We made you." I'm pretty sure that most of them know that, though some might wish the labor hadn't been so traumatizing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast