+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Michael Stagliano BP2

Michael Stagliano BP2

Residence: Sherman Oaks, CA

The wounds from his break-up with ex-fiance and fellow Bachelor Pad contestant Holly Durst are still fresh. Michael must not only contend with 17 other contestants, but he also faces the prospects of Holly dating other guys.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Michael Stagliano BP2

Awww Michael is so cute and so sweet. The previews showed him crying about Holly - . Michael you are better off - I'm sure she came on this show just to put another "Bachelor" notch in her bedpost! She would make a good match with Jake - both of them being famewhores and all!
    GoingInCircles likes this.

If Ames or Ben don't want to be the next Bachelor - I vote for Michael. If he is past his break-up with Holly and ready to find love again, I think he would be an awesome Bachelor!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    If Ames or Ben don't want to be the next Bachelor - I vote for Michael. If he is past his break-up with Holly and ready to find love again, I think he would be an awesome Bachelor!!
    That would be fun - he seems to have lots of personality. But, from the previews and things I've read, it doesn't seem like he's quite ready. He should get over that girl, she doesn't seem good for him, but I think it might take him a little while. Or, 25 eligible bachelorettes could help him get ready, too!!

Why did he pelt Erica with a fastball? It looked like he must really hate her and wanted to hammer her with everything he had. Why on earth? It was truly unnecessary. I can't imagine what was going through his mind, for a guy to hit a girl like that.

He claimed he felt bad afterwards, but never gave any reason as to why he'd done such a dick move in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Not an excuse for pelting Erica, but I see a young man who is full of anger at the failed relationship, terribly sad, and confused. In my opinion, he would be better going back to NYC where he had a budding career and get away from the whole Bach/ette franchise, clean out his head, and start all over again, so to speak.
    fireflyer and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Why did he pelt Erica with a fastball? It looked like he must really hate her and wanted to hammer her with everything he had. Why on earth? It was truly unnecessary. I can't imagine what was going through his mind, for a guy to hit a girl like that.

He claimed he felt bad afterwards, but never gave any reason as to why he'd done such a dick move in the first place.
    Just wanted to comment on this, because this also came out after the episode aired (and I have no idea why they edited it the way they did) - apparently ALL the guys threw overhand the first time. The girls were complaining that it hurt, so Chris Harrison stopped the game, told the guys they had to throw underhand and then they started again. So what we actually saw was shown out of order. The overhand throw by Michael was not in answer to the last question, it was in answer to the first question, before CH had to stop the game (and all the guys threw overhand - so why the need to only show Michael doing it?). Yet another lesson to all of us about JUST HOW MUCH these shows are edited to tell whatever story they want to tell. Guess they wanted to maximize how crappy Erica felt - and maybe also explain why Michael included Erica on the date?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Just wanted to comment on this, because this also came out after the episode aired (and I have no idea why they edited it the way they did) - apparently ALL the guys threw overhand the first time. The girls were complaining that it hurt, so Chris Harrison stopped the game, told the guys they had to throw underhand and then they started again. So what we actually saw was shown out of order. The overhand throw by Michael was not in answer to the last question, it was in answer to the first question, before CH had to stop the game (and all the guys threw overhand - so why the need to only show Michael doing it?). Yet another lesson to all of us about JUST HOW MUCH these shows are edited to tell whatever story they want to tell. Guess they wanted to maximize how crappy Erica felt - and maybe also explain why Michael included Erica on the date?
    Thanks for explaining that.

My view of Michael was that I honestly didn't know what to think of him at first, but now that I have seen him on the show I think he is a really good guy and he had his heart truly broken by the girl of his dreams. Not sure if you all knew but he wrote a song for Holly, its called Everything You Do and he also sang another song called Take Me To Her which features his brother Stephen. they are up on Itunes. I heard them for the first time and cried my eyes out. I'd like to know what other people think if they have heard the songs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird View Post
    My view of Michael was that I honestly didn't know what to think of him at first, but now that I have seen him on the show I think he is a really good guy and he had his heart truly broken by the girl of his dreams. Not sure if you all knew but he wrote a song for Holly, its called Everything You Do and he also sang another song called Take Me To Her which features his brother Stephen. they are up on Itunes. I heard them for the first time and cried my eyes out. I'd like to know what other people think if they have heard the songs or not.
    Michael and Holly's relationship on the show breaks my heart. It's plain sad as evidenced by the many tearful conversations shown and now by Michael's songs. Methinks he took to heart Bret Michaels' comment about using music as a release. I've loved Mike since Jill's season--he's hilarious and sweet.

Either they work out the "thorns" in their relationship by focusing on the love between them or they finally separate at the proverbial "fork in the road." They've both now hurt each other by calling it quits; I think that breaking up/reuniting more than once spells doom for a relationship unless both parties work really hard at repairing things. If they can't restore trust and faith in their love enough to build a strong foundation, they'll not survive the tumult of marriage, kids, aging, etc. From the show, Holly does seem uncertain. Her ITMs concern me most as she continuously states that she doesn't think that they should be together. The sleuther in me wonders when those ITMs were done, i.e. pre-production.

As we know, though, the producers help craft these storylines. Though Michael and Holly's emotions seem far too raw and real, I'm sure that they're being manipulated and prodded to say/do certain things to maximize a storyline.

Lastly, if Mike and Holly haven't reunited by show's end, Mike needs to take a breather. It's rather obvious that he loves her immensely still; if he doesn't sort through those emotions, his next relationship will be a mess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast